Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THE REVIS DEAL ON THE TABLE... Would you take it?

All Pro

THE REVIS DEAL ON THE TABLE... Would you take it?

Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets
    Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports the lone remaining hangup in a potential deal sending Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay is Bucs GM Mark Dominik's unwillingness to surrender the 13th pick in April's draft.
    Per Cole, Bucs management is "fully on board" with dealing for Revis, but Dominik is only willing to part with a 2013 second-rounder or 2014 first-rounder. Realistically, the Jets ought to be willing to take the Bucs' 2014 first-round pick. There will be no surefire franchise quarterback available at No. 13 this year, and next year's draft has a chance to produce better signal callers. Louisville QB Terry Bridgewater is the likeliest 2014 draft-eligible prospect to give South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney a run to be next year's No. 1 pick.
    I do think that they have a good point about next year's first more likely to grant a better prospect. #13 this year would yield us what... MAYBE Patterson? MAYBE Geno... Everything else is a mess.

Personally I think we should get a 2nd this year, AND a first next year., but we gotta get this thing done... As much as it pains me to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I do think that they have a good point about next year's first more likely to grant a better prospect. #13 this year would yield us what... MAYBE Patterson? MAYBE Geno... Everything else is a mess.

Personally I think we should get a 2nd this year, AND a first next year., but we gotta get this thing done... As much as it pains me to say it.
    Tough call... I like a 3 this year and next years first.... or pick 13 this year!

Cool

*smh* No, we do NOT have to get this thing done. It is not imperative that the Jets trade Revis. In fact, he should only be traded if they make a concerted effort to re-sign him and he says no.

Geez, what is wrong with some of you people? Why the urge to get rid of a HOF player? Shouldn't the Jets try to re-sign him first? I certainly think so. Plus there's nothing wrong with him playing out his contract and leaving.

The Bucs should give their first young pick THIS year, plus another pick and a player. If not, tell them to F off.

Not enough. Schiano is an idiot. We'll get more. He'll put pressure on the GM.

I want two firsts

1st this year/2nd next year or vice versa

anything less than that combo and we should hold on to Revis and either sign or trade at a later date (Before the trade deadline obviously)

this hurts. I mean it already sucks that we are losing the best defensive player in the league, but for a one 2nd rounder or a 1st next year???? They will be getting the greatest db since deion in his prime for one draft choice. That acl injury set this frachise back about 5 years. Unreal.

All Pro
    No I would not.

Need to sweeten the deal quite a bit more, a 2nd and 3rd and next years first.

2nd rounder 2013, 4th rounder 2013
    1st rounder 2014, if they insist on having a 1st this year they can just trade this pick for a first with another team.

In all honesty, I think the 2014 first is more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    *smh* No, we do NOT have to get this thing done. It is not imperative that the Jets trade Revis. In fact, he should only be traded if they make a concerted effort to re-sign him and he says no.

Geez, what is wrong with some of you people? Why the urge to get rid of a HOF player? Shouldn't the Jets try to re-sign him first? I certainly think so. Plus there's nothing wrong with him playing out his contract and leaving.

The Bucs should give their first young pick THIS year, plus another pick and a player. If not, tell them to F off.
    +100000000

Still would just prefer to sign our future GOAT CB Revis at a FAIR MARKET value.....which hopefully his agent learns after these trade talks.....Unless of course some team blows us away with an offer

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Not enough. Schiano is an idiot. We'll get more. He'll put pressure on the GM.
    This.

That team is pure crap outside of Doug Martin and the secondary they are building, which as of right now is only the 2 safeties Barron and Goldson.

Vincent Jackson will never earn that contract.

Freeman is meh.

Their O-line is good in the run game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Still would just prefer to sign our future GOAT CB Revis at a FAIR MARKET value.....which hopefully his agent learns after these trade talks.....Unless of course some team blows us away with an offer
    let me know when you crawl out from under that rock.

Not enough

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    What is wrong with what he said? Signing Revis to a fair market contract would be the best option. Period.

Needs to be a 1st rounder this yr or next and at least a third too.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    What's wrong with what I said

All Pro
    This deserves a glove slap!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Tough call... I like a 3 this year and next years first.... or pick 13 this year!
    Exactly my feeling. As much as I'd prefer a high pick in NEXT year's draft, there's a good chance Tampa will be picking in the 20s with Revis and Goldson, which makes me feel like they need to sweeten the pot a little.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post

Prefer that the Jets re-sign Revis once he comes to his senses.

But Bucs need to pony up way more than just one first round pick. Perhaps 1 #1 and 2#2's would be ok but just a #1 and a #2 or whatever rubbish he's offering so far is not enough.