Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: THE REVIS DEAL ON THE TABLE... Would you take it?

Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    Worst comes to worst, Revis walks at the end of this season.

Honestly it has gotten to the point where we have no choice but to trade him. I highly doubt he wants to be a Jet for life after everything that is going on and i also highly doubt the jets want to pay him.
    He ain't walkin if we pony up the money.....He likes being a Jet and would sign a new deal with us tonight if we offered a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    I must be missing something

Whats the argument for keeping revis and letting him play out his contract?

How does that help us?
    It doesn't. If we keep him, he plays for one year and leaves. We get nothing except for whatever comp pick we get.

If we trade him for WHATEVER, those WHATEVER drafted players are around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    If we wait until fall we take an extra 9 mil cap hit. He has to be traded now. 3rd this year, and first next year and I'd jump at it. You'll find out how many wins a HOF CB actually gets you when we have a top 10 pick next year. Franchise QB time.
    No position can win you anything on their own except a QB......That being said, all you can do is try to field the best players at each position as possible with regards to the salary cap

Revis can't do everything by himself obviously, but he damn sure helps us when he is playing

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Worst comes to worst, we hammer out a deal with Team Revis and Revis is a Jet for life.......Worse things can happen than having the best CB in the league, even if expensive
    Only problem with keeping thru the season is that Revis would then want to test the market. Right now, we are asking teams to give up very valuable picks AND know that they are going to have to pony up big money for his next contract.

Next year, teams won't be worried about giving up picks and therefore he is worth more.

And we all know that Revis isn't giving the Jets a home discount.

I think if we get to the season with Revis still on the roster, we have to hope some CB on a very good team gets hurt. (Not that you ever want a player to get hurt.)

Otherwise Revis walks and the Jets end up standing there with the dicks in their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Only problem with keeping thru the season is that Revis would then want to test the market. Right now, we are asking teams to give up very valuable picks AND know that they are going to have to pony up big money for his next contract.

Next year, teams won't be worried about giving up picks and therefore he is worth more.

And we all know that Revis isn't giving the Jets a home discount.

I think if we get to the season with Revis still on the roster, we have to hope some CB on a very good team gets hurt. (Not that you ever want a player to get hurt.)

Otherwise Revis walks and the Jets end up standing there with the dicks in their hands.
    I still think Revis will sign with us on a big deal anytime we want to talk with him before next season is over (Before the trading deadline)

The ACL injury is definitely in his mind and will be......Does he really want to gamble on himself staying healthy and then testing the market?? I doubt it if we are dangling a 100 million dollar contract at him

I still think Revis will sign with us on a big deal anytime we want to talk with him before next season is over (Before the trading deadline)

The ACL injury is definitely in his mind and will be......Does he really want to gamble on himself staying healthy and then testing the market?? I doubt it if we are dangling a 100 million dollar contract at him
    There is no way in the world that the New York Jets, owned by Woody Johnson, are going to offer Darrelle Revis a 100 million dollar contract, or anything in that neighborhood.

We may sign him to a deal, but it is not going to be on Revis' terms. It's going to be the new New York Jets way, or he's going to be traded.

Idzik isn't looking to make big financial splashes. He wants to build the team through the draft the way the Seahawks did. The days of signing as many free agents as possible is over for a while. The Jets may sign a few here or there, but for the most part this is a new modus operandi.

2013: 2(43)
    2013: 5(140)
    2014: 2 conditional to 1

That's my bare minimum offer.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    There is no way in the world that the New York Jets, owned by Woody Johnson, are going to offer Darrelle Revis a 100 million dollar contract, or anything in that neighborhood.

We may sign him to a deal, but it is not going to be on Revis' terms. It's going to be the new New York Jets way, or he's going to be traded.

Idzik isn't looking to make big financial splashes. He wants to build the team through the draft the way the Seahawks did. The days of signing as many free agents as possible is over for a while. The Jets may sign a few here or there, but for the most part this is a new modus operandi.
    OK probably not 100 million, but either way, if we don't want Revis to leave and we can't find a fair deal....We can open the bank up and keep our HOF CB we drafted by signing him

Revis would sign in a second with us if we gave him a nice fat contract, was my point

I don't like overpaying for players either, but Revis's don't grow on trees.....Just something to think about when everyone is so quick to throw him to the curb

And for the record, I'm perfectly fine with trading Revis for fair value

OK probably not 100 million, but either way, if we don't want Revis to leave and we can't find a fair deal....We can open the bank up and keep our HOF CB we drafted by signing him

Revis would sign in a second with us if we gave him a nice fat contract, was my point

I don't like overpaying for players either, but Revis's don't grow on trees.....Just something to think about when everyone is so quick to throw him to the curb

And for the record, I'm perfectly fine with trading Revis for fair value
    At this point, I believe that a separation is better for both sides.

Woody and Revis are not going to reconcile anytime soon.

Jets need to get something out of him before it's too late.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Geez, what is wrong with some of you people? Why the urge to get rid of a HOF player? Shouldn't the Jets try to re-sign him first?
    no

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    no
    It's as if they've never tried to re-sign him. Ever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post

Curious... if that is your bare minimum offer and nobody meets it, are you ok with Revis playing out 2013 with the Jets, signing with any team he wants and the Jets taking a $9 mil cap hit next year?

It's high stakes poker and getting nothing but a cap hit is the losing hand.

I dont understand the people on this board posting the minimum that they would be okay with us trading revis.

Its gotten to the point where there are 2 realistic options available.

1. Trade him for whatever you can get, looks like a 2nd this year or 1st next.

2. Do nothing and let him walk

The Jets organization is NOT resigning Revis, especially for the amount hes looking for so thats not even an option.

Listen I agree revis is worth more than whats being offered, but the fact is hes coming off an acl injury and is going to walk free to any team he desires if we dont trade him.

Take the first next year and run away with it. A first next year is just as good if not better than this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd be willing to settle for a 3rd this year and a 1st next year.

But none of that "conditional" bullsh*t.

It HAS to be their 1st next year.

If Revis blows out his knee getting off the plane in Tampa...well, tough titty. We still get your 1st round pick in 2014.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 03-14-2013 at 03:39 AM.

Take the first round pick in 2014. I don't mind the Jets holding out a little to see if Tampa Bay or another team sweetens the pot. But I cannot stress enough how important it is to build ammunition to strike next April. Take the Bucs #1 in 2014.

Veteran
    Get their 1st in 2014 and depending on their/our performance trade up with our 1st to get Bridgewater or Johnny Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Get their 1st in 2014 and depending on their/our performance trade up with our 1st to get Bridgewater or Johnny Football.
    I've been playing this game with one of my friends. Would you seriously want Manziel on your team in the NFL?

My friend hasn't watched him play (only highlights), and he says no. Is he another Tebow type to you?

I say he can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post

Okay... Don't you think it would be relevant to define the conditional?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I've been playing this game with one of my friends. Would you seriously want Manziel on your team in the NFL?

My friend hasn't watched him play (only highlights), and he says no. Is he another Tebow type to you?

I say he can play.
    I don't think he's a Tebow type but I don't buy this bullsh*t for one second about him being an elite prospect.

When was the last time that a 6'0 200 QB with a so-so arm was drafted in the 1st round, much less the Top 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't think he's a Tebow type but I don't buy this bullsh*t for one second about him being an elite prospect.

When was the last time that a 6'0 200 QB with a so-so arm was drafted in the 1st round, much less the Top 5?
    Yeah, I go back and forth on him, myself. I think sometimes that he's stellar, and other times I'm reminded of Tebow's play in college vs the NFL. Difference is that one of my friends is an A&M alumnus, and I watched a lot of their games this year, whereas I didn't really watch Tebow in college.

Only time will tell, but it is fun to watch the kid play.