Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets setting themselves up to draft Clowney

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We all know what will happen.

Jets will have the #1 overall pick and take Bridgewater. Clowney will go on to be the next LT and Bridgewater the next Akili Smith.

My skull hurts from this team!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Clowney.

BUT WE NEED BRIDGEWATER!!!!!!!!

Trade Revis to the Raiders for their 2014 1st and we may end up landing both.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet View Post
    2-3 wins next year. Thats what it seems like. Getting ugly. No Sunday ticket for me this year. Not worth the money....
    IDC if the Jets win 1 game or 16, I won't stop watching...so much for being faithful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2-3 wins next year. Thats what it seems like. Getting ugly. No Sunday ticket for me this year. Not worth the money....
    Quite honestly, the veteran JAGs we got rid of make this a better team right now then we were last year, and forces Rex to actually coach some young players. With a good draft and change at QB, we can still compete. Long way before we truly know what this team will look like.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex's defense gets you 6 wins even with the worst QB. No chance at top 3 pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    IDC if the Jets win 1 game or 16, I won't stop watching...so much for being faithful.
    If we take Geno at 9, I will start watching again. If we go into the season with garrard and sanchez, i probably wont waste time watching till 2014.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a nice fart this morning. It felt good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine if a team passes on Clowney for a QB that busts??

Will definitely be interesting next season (And I love Bridgewater and also Manziel)

Clowney is the best draft prospect in forever

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Rex's defense gets you 6 wins even with the worst QB. No chance at top 3 pick.
    7 new starters though, that's a lot of turnover. And the defense has been regressing every year for four seasons in a row now. 2013 is going to be a tough season

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LB/DE dont win teams SB's.. #1 pic for jets should never be a LB. Draft is full of good LB's every yr in the early to mid rds. Easy position to miss on a player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I love Clowney.

BUT WE NEED BRIDGEWATER!!!!!!!!

Trade Revis to the Raiders for their 2014 1st and we may end up landing both.

I'd rather have CLOWNEY and TY YELDON.. That way you could draft BOYD in the 2nd.. CAN U IMAGINE THIS HAUL???

CLOWNEY - OLB/DE

YELDON - RB

BOYD - QB

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Quite honestly, the veteran JAGs we got rid of make this a better team right now then we were last year, and forces Rex to actually coach some young players. With a good draft and change at QB, we can still compete. Long way before we truly know what this team will look like.
    Excellent post.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Sanchez is the starting QB, and you take a look at the schedule, 3 wins really isn't out of the question. They should have only won 3 games last year if Jacksonville and Arizona had competent QB's and if Miami's K didn't blow chunks in Week 3.

However, I think it's more likely that this team wins 5-6 games, but even if they do have the No.1 overall pick or even if they trade up for it, it's not going to be Clowney, it's going to be Bridgewater, Murray or Manziel.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    how the heck can you predict 2-3 wins in march without seeing the actual 2013 roster......are you for real...if the jets actually thought like you, they would not win a game....some of you truly need to think. to you the season is already tanked......good luck rooting for the dolphins or whomever next year.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10 View Post
    Suck for Luck.....
    No. Its TANK FOR TEDDY this year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    i don't know...kind of hard to say 3 days into FA, prior to draft and prior to June 1 cap casualties...i think its fair to have this convo when the roster is set.
    There are very few june 1st cuts anymore. Teams are allowed to cut two players in march and designate them as "june 1st" cuts and spread the hit over two years. The union wanted this as it lets higher paid vets hit FA when teams still have more money to spend.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    how the heck can you predict 2-3 wins in march without seeing the actual 2013 roster......are you for real...if the jets actually thought like you, they would not win a game....some of you truly need to think. to you the season is already tanked......good luck rooting for the dolphins or whomever next year.
    What do you mean by a tanked season? I think the jets while not tanking the season they are certainly not going to go all out to win next year either.

Young guys will play even over short term vets and they will take the lumps developing those players. If Rex forces the vets on the field in order to increase his chance to win now The GM will can him next off season. The jets are not going to sign FA to better compete next year at the expense of future dollars.

I don't thin the poster meant that the jets are going to play what ever 3rd string they have next year to guarantee loses, but they are not going inhibit player development or future cap dollars to go 6-10 rather than 3-13.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is way too early to make any meaningful predictions. After the preseason you would have a good indication if this team is going anywhere.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10 View Post
    Suck for Luck.....
    +1

And, they did it for Manning as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jets will do far better than anyone expects this coming year.