Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets setting themselves up to draft Clowney

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I'd rather have CLOWNEY and TY YELDON.. That way you could draft BOYD in the 2nd.. CAN U IMAGINE THIS HAUL???

CLOWNEY - OLB/DE

YELDON - RB

BOYD - QB

Clowney is a DE, not a LB. Period. If the Jets or anyone else try to convert him to OLB, he will be less effective. He is a 4-3 DE.
    I see this guy all the time including in person. DE.
    BTW, the Jets will win 6 games this year - they still get Tenn, Oak, Cleve and Buff x2. They will not have the 1 or 2 pick.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The jets will do far better than anyone expects this coming year.
    3-13?

Would love Clowney. Hopefully Teddy and Manziel come out early though.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    3-13?
    6 wins at least, perhaps 8.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Manziel is as close to a lock to leave as possible.

He's taking classes online because a crowd forms everywhere he goes. He'd be out this year if he could

I think 6 is on the high side. They only won 6 games last year and are losing a bunch of starters, to ask rookies to come in and play at the level of 5-8 year vets is not reasonable. Holmes may not even be ready, Revis may be traded during TC for future picks- I don't see it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Ill take Bridgewater over anyone

doesn't look good

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet View Post
    I appreciate the warm and fuzzy replies. Our defensive backfield is gone.
    We have a sub par QB, are sparse on the DL and have no RBs.
    What are your expectations for the upcoming season?
    with the present personell and the future draft choices.doesn't make for a successfull season.my prediction is 1 and 15.

Rex can still coach defense. Jets should be luckier with injuries. I think the Jets will easily have more than 3 wins. Some of the veteran losses this off season (Bart Scott, Shonn Greene, Sanchez to the bench) are truly going to be addition by subtraction.

Jets will not be competing for the 1st overall pick.

Where is this optimism coming from? Quite curious to hear why you think the Jets can reach 8 wins. (unless there's sarcasm I'm missing here)

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Where is this optimism coming from? Quite curious to hear why you think the Jets can reach 8 wins. (unless there's sarcasm I'm missing here)
    Fans here honestly think the Jets will upgrade at QB, and will upgrade at ILB after Scott's gone. If the Jets keep Revis, then a full year from him and Holmes should make the team better. Jets have some quality draft picks this year. What's not to be optimistic about? The Jets only "big" losses thus far is Landry/Bell which can be handled.

Jets won't reach their full potential because they have Sanchez's awful contract but i wouldnt be surprised if the team is actually BETTER next year. Especially if Kolb comes aboard. Isn't Kolb an upgrade on Sanchez? Isn't upgrading your QB position a great way to improve your team?

People saying the Jets will win 6,7,8 games next season got to be kidding themselves. Obviously a roster with lesser talent than last season and still no QB, plus tougher opponents = 3 wins max!

BTW I'll take any of the big 3 QB's next draft over Clowney, but it sure looks like the Jets will be drafting very high April 2014, which I'm ok with...about time we go another direction.

Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Fans here honestly think the Jets will upgrade at QB, and will upgrade at ILB after Scott's gone. If the Jets keep Revis, then a full year from him and Holmes should make the team better. Jets have some quality draft picks this year. What's not to be optimistic about? The Jets only "big" losses thus far is Landry/Bell which can be handled.

Jets won't reach their full potential because they have Sanchez's awful contract but i wouldnt be surprised if the team is actually BETTER next year. Especially if Kolb comes aboard. Isn't Kolb an upgrade on Sanchez? Isn't upgrading your QB position a great way to improve your team?
    Fair enough. But there's way too many question marks going into this season. Starting WITH the most important position at QB. Who's starting? Will they stay healthy? Will they play well under the new OC?

And we still have no weapons on offense. We're hoping Holmes doesn't quit, that Hill improves a ton, Cumberland stays healthy and contributes. Only certainty is Kerley IMO.

I just pray we hit home runs in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet View Post
    2-3 wins next year. Thats what it seems like. Getting ugly. No Sunday ticket for me this year. Not worth the money....
    OK bye nobody will miss you

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    Stupid. No team will tank a whole season trying to bank on one college player
    Colts probably did

Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
    #Raiders will make it interesting. RT @MMehtaNYDN Text from league source on Jets: "They will have the 1st pick in the draft in 2014." #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
    #Raiders will make it interesting. RT @MMehtaNYDN Text from league source on Jets: "They will have the 1st pick in the draft in 2014." #nyj
    The Raiders will absolutely be worse than the Jets. It won't be close. They are forced to lose decent/valuable guys from a possibly league worst defense cause they are overpaid (Huff in particular).

The Jets are mostly losing garbage cause it's overpaid. The Jets had one of the best defenses last year without Revis. Also they are upgrading their QB position and getting a healthy Holmes.

It's fun to bash the Jets in league circles, but they are probably going to be mediocre.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
    It will never happen as long as Rex Ryan is involved with the defense on this team. The Jets will either Match or exceed what wins they had last yr.

Unless the FIX is in.

Bridgewater, please.

thanks.