Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,502
    Post Thanks / Like

    WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?

    OMG!

    We have lost so many starters I have no idea how we can even come close to replacing them!

    How in the hell are we gonna be able to win........................................
    6 games?

    Oh yea, I forgot, we only won 6 games last year with all of these terrific players we lost recently.

    Pouha? Barely played & when he did he couldn't hold the point anyway

    Landry? Sure its a loss, but this guy played on borrowed time & we got lucky he didn't get hurt again. Lets watch next year & see what happens.

    Bell? Come on, the guy was just let go last year by Miami for a reason & he was solid, but lets be frank, he's old & average.

    Scott? Vareen says, "see ya" big slow fellow. I don't know how many tackles he just slid right off last year, but it was a lot.

    Pace? He would have been cut in 2011 if his pay wasn't so high.

    Devito? Hard working guy, loved his passion, but even he was breaking down last year & he's a one dimensional run stuffer in an era of the pass. Look at our division, Pats & now Miami will be throwing the ball.

    Keller? Are we all crying about one of the most overated TEs in Jet history?
    He didn't play last year, he always gets tackled by a shoelace & those stupid leaving your feet leaps almost led to a broken neck.
    If the Jets somehow get Eifert in this draft, he will soon be forgotten.

    Green? Was there another RB in the league last year that left more yards on the field than this guy?
    Seriously, this guy stumbled into tacklers like a drunk falling through saloon doors.

    Feel free to add to this list as the offseason continues. When you are well over the salary cap in this league & you fail to even get to 8-8 big changes need to be made.

    A lot of fans are freaking out but this offseason will end up being the best FA value ever after these 1st flurry of signings settle down. There are a lot of decent players out there & I'm sure the Jets will get a couple of hold the fort guys & might end up with some nice finds.
    I'm excited for the draft, really happy that Tanny was fired as he would of done anything to keep us at 8-8 to keep his job.
    Idzik is going nowhere, he can make decisions based on what is best for the LONG TERM FUTURE of our beloved Jets.

    I'm behind Idzik all the way & hope to see a steady climb back to repectability over the next 2 years. Build for demise of the Pats, based on Bradys age, be ready to own the AFC East starting in 2015.

    We need to get our QB in the next 2 drafts, that is what will cement Idziks legacy here in NY.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    9,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with everything except landry. they should have done everything to keep him

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    776
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got to say...well said jetster. Idzik needs to now fill the holes and I think he will do it albeit methodically.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devito was a glue guy I'd like to have kept but really can't argue with anything you stated. Naturally a bit anxious to make some moves and fill these holes but am expecting a down year no matter what.

    Really just want responsible leadership with the long view in mind.

  5. #5
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think one of Tanny’s biggest problems was overrating his own players.. Harris, Holmes and Sanchez are three examples of paying way too much for guys just b/c they’re on your team. In the NFL you need to know when the cost is too much. It would’ve cost too much to keep any of the guys you listed. We’ll be able to replace, and in some cases improve their production for less money.

  6. #6
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like
    People are down on this team but i think we can at least get 6 wins again this season. Sure its not something to shoot for but im banking on nt being plagued by so many injuries and our youngers guys stepping up and becoming difference makers on this team now.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    landry is the only guy who i KINDA wanted to keep out of that pathetic group.....and i am telling you, landry wasnt all that.

    i love what idzik is doing....LOVE IT!!

    as for Revis....I lean to keeping him but at the same time I love Parcels and his thought is NO WAY he pays a CB that kind of money......but if he is traded in the end , it better be at least a 1st and a third...at the least!

    and one more thing.....how the f*** has david harris not restructured??? he is a mother fing thief!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    OMG!

    We have lost so many starters I have no idea how we can even come close to replacing them!

    How in the hell are we gonna be able to win........................................
    6 games?

    Oh yea, I forgot, we only won 6 games last year with all of these terrific players we lost recently.

    Pouha? Barely played & when he did he couldn't hold the point anyway

    Landry? Sure its a loss, but this guy played on borrowed time & we got lucky he didn't get hurt again. Lets watch next year & see what happens.

    Bell? Come on, the guy was just let go last year by Miami for a reason & he was solid, but lets be frank, he's old & average.

    Scott? Vareen says, "see ya" big slow fellow. I don't know how many tackles he just slid right off last year, but it was a lot.

    Pace? He would have been cut in 2011 if his pay wasn't so high.

    Devito? Hard working guy, loved his passion, but even he was breaking down last year & he's a one dimensional run stuffer in an era of the pass. Look at our division, Pats & now Miami will be throwing the ball.

    Keller? Are we all crying about one of the most overated TEs in Jet history?
    He didn't play last year, he always gets tackled by a shoelace & those stupid leaving your feet leaps almost led to a broken neck.
    If the Jets somehow get Eifert in this draft, he will soon be forgotten.

    Green? Was there another RB in the league last year that left more yards on the field than this guy?
    Seriously, this guy stumbled into tacklers like a drunk falling through saloon doors.

    Feel free to add to this list as the offseason continues. When you are well over the salary cap in this league & you fail to even get to 8-8 big changes need to be made.

    A lot of fans are freaking out but this offseason will end up being the best FA value ever after these 1st flurry of signings settle down. There are a lot of decent players out there & I'm sure the Jets will get a couple of hold the fort guys & might end up with some nice finds.
    I'm excited for the draft, really happy that Tanny was fired as he would of done anything to keep us at 8-8 to keep his job.
    Idzik is going nowhere, he can make decisions based on what is best for the LONG TERM FUTURE of our beloved Jets.

    I'm behind Idzik all the way & hope to see a steady climb back to repectability over the next 2 years. Build for demise of the Pats, based on Bradys age, be ready to own the AFC East starting in 2015.

    We need to get our QB in the next 2 drafts, that is what will cement Idziks legacy here in NY.
    So true, Landry the biggest loss but on the money he just got he can hit the bricks.

    Times are changing and I for one am loving it.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    People are down on this team but i think we can at least get 6 wins again this season. Sure its not something to shoot for but im banking on nt being plagued by so many injuries and our youngers guys stepping up and becoming difference makers on this team now.
    6!! are u kidding??? mark sanchez is going to start at qb.....we might win 4.

  10. #10
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    6!! are u kidding??? mark sanchez is going to start at qb.....we might win 4.
    Hey he started last year and we won 6. Im banking on improvement this year because it can't get any worse

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is freaking out? Our goal is to have the #1 pick in next years draft and get our franchise qb. We are well on our way to doing that.

    The only people freaking our are the clueless fans who have no idea what a true rebuild is.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    as many know i hated suckchez from day one..."but he took us to 2 afccg's....he sucks...... i was right.

    i hated jimmy leonard...."but he is the defensive leader" ......he sucked...i was right.

    i hated eric smith...."but he is smart and tough as nails"....he sucked .... i was right.

    now my focus is on Harris!!! if this bum doesnt step it up...i want his slow ass cut!!!!!

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry, Welker is gone from the PATS. HAHAHAHA

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    Hey he started last year and we won 6. Im banking on improvement this year because it can't get any worse
    yes it can and it will!!

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,231
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    OMG!

    We have lost so many starters I have no idea how we can even come close to replacing them!

    How in the hell are we gonna be able to win........................................
    6 games?

    Oh yea, I forgot, we only won 6 games last year with all of these terrific players we lost recently.

    Pouha? Barely played & when he did he couldn't hold the point anyway

    Landry? Sure its a loss, but this guy played on borrowed time & we got lucky he didn't get hurt again. Lets watch next year & see what happens.

    Bell? Come on, the guy was just let go last year by Miami for a reason & he was solid, but lets be frank, he's old & average.

    Scott? Vareen says, "see ya" big slow fellow. I don't know how many tackles he just slid right off last year, but it was a lot.

    Pace? He would have been cut in 2011 if his pay wasn't so high.

    Devito? Hard working guy, loved his passion, but even he was breaking down last year & he's a one dimensional run stuffer in an era of the pass. Look at our division, Pats & now Miami will be throwing the ball.

    Keller? Are we all crying about one of the most overated TEs in Jet history?
    He didn't play last year, he always gets tackled by a shoelace & those stupid leaving your feet leaps almost led to a broken neck.
    If the Jets somehow get Eifert in this draft, he will soon be forgotten.

    Green? Was there another RB in the league last year that left more yards on the field than this guy?
    Seriously, this guy stumbled into tacklers like a drunk falling through saloon doors.

    Feel free to add to this list as the offseason continues. When you are well over the salary cap in this league & you fail to even get to 8-8 big changes need to be made.

    A lot of fans are freaking out but this offseason will end up being the best FA value ever after these 1st flurry of signings settle down. There are a lot of decent players out there & I'm sure the Jets will get a couple of hold the fort guys & might end up with some nice finds.
    I'm excited for the draft, really happy that Tanny was fired as he would of done anything to keep us at 8-8 to keep his job.
    Idzik is going nowhere, he can make decisions based on what is best for the LONG TERM FUTURE of our beloved Jets.

    I'm behind Idzik all the way & hope to see a steady climb back to repectability over the next 2 years. Build for demise of the Pats, based on Bradys age, be ready to own the AFC East starting in 2015.

    We need to get our QB in the next 2 drafts, that is what will cement Idziks legacy here in NY.
    Agreed. The deeper reality is that management allowed us to get into this situation. However... I agree. Lets move on. The JETS post Sanchez may be our next run. 2014?

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    Hey he started last year and we won 6. Im banking on improvement this year because it can't get any worse
    Different system this year could either have a good upswing for Mark, or a bit of a drop off due to lack of familiarity. But i think overall the opportunities outweigh the downsides, because like you said it's hard to see him being worse next year.

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had a nice 15 year run where we were competitive and a 3 year period where we were serious contenders.

    Like all teams that have an extended period of success and load-up for the big one, we have to take steps back and rebuild. It's life in the NFL.

    We're the Mets for awhile. Sucks, but it's not unexpected.

    SAR I

  18. #18
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe these players should thank Rex for improving there FA Stock.

    Draft a QB every year until one hits... you never know when you will unearth a gem

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We had a nice 15 year run where we were competitive and a 3 year period where we were serious contenders.

    Like all teams that have an extended period of success and load-up for the big one, we have to take steps back and rebuild. It's life in the NFL.

    We're the Mets for awhile. Sucks, but it's not unexpected.

    SAR I
    not quite the mets. the jets owner can afford to pay players. and if you draft a good qb you're back in business very quickly.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with most of you guys. Landry is the only player that I am a little sad to see go. Maybe Devito too but I feel like we have two players that can fill in for him.

    That said, I like what we are doing. I want to have plenty of cap space for 2014 and hopefully we can land Bridgewater.

    If Idzik can throw us a bone and pick up the Patriot Killer that would be a nice gesture to ease the pain of what looks like is going to be a very rough season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us