Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Different system this year could either have a good upswing for Mark, or a bit of a drop off due to lack of familiarity. But i think overall the opportunities outweigh the downsides, because like you said it's hard to see him being worse next year.
    The thing is that if it gets worse then he will certainly be benched

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    landry is the only guy who i KINDA wanted to keep out of that pathetic group.....and i am telling you, landry wasnt all that.

i love what idzik is doing....LOVE IT!!

as for Revis....I lean to keeping him but at the same time I love Parcels and his thought is NO WAY he pays a CB that kind of money......but if he is traded in the end , it better be at least a 1st and a third...at the least!

and one more thing.....how the f*** has david harris not restructured??? he is a mother fing thief!!!!!!
    The Harris contract is a head scratcher. Tanny paid Harris like he was a guy you couldn't replace?
    Love Revis but by time we're on track again he'll be 3 years older & looking to redo his contract,lol.
    Idzik is staying firm on his demands. If I were him, I would not give up Revis for anything less than what the Jets have determined he's worth.
    I would soon let him play out his contract at 9 mill, & get a 3rd round comp pick then let him go for a 2nd rounder & some throw in picks & look like a bunch of fools.
    Revis is the best CB in this league.....THE BEST.....even though he's a mercenary he comes to play, keeps himself in tip top shape & he is always trying to get better.
    He's the AP of cornerbacking in this league & even after his injury we are not just going to let him go for a song.
    Who knows, Jets might still be able to work something out.
    You never know.

It seems to me that as Idzik is dismantling the team Rex had so much influence in building over the last 4 years, that Rex's days of deciding the personnel moves on this team are over. That may prove to be the best thing to happen to this team since 1997 when Parcells took over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    It seems to me that as Idzik is dismantling the team Rex had so much influence in building over the last 4 years, that Rex's days of deciding the personnel moves on this team are over. That may prove to be the best thing to happen to this team since 1997 when Parcells took over.
    You get it my friend. Please post more to weed out the clueless buffoons.

😜👍

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Who is freaking out? Our goal is to have the #1 pick in next years draft and get our franchise qb. We are well on our way to doing that.

The only people freaking our are the clueless fans who have no idea what a true rebuild is.
    Your the clueless one! All I ever read from you is your negativity. There is no such thing as a team that rebuilds anymore! It's more like retool and go for it! It has been said in other posts as well. Your goal might be to lose and actually I think you've accomplished your goal already many times but the Jets goal will be to win and win now not tomorrow or in two years or five. I doubt you even go to any games but if you did you deserve to have a beer dumped on your head!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The Harris contract is a head scratcher. Tanny paid Harris like he was a guy you couldn't replace?
    Love Revis but by time we're on track again he'll be 3 years older & looking to redo his contract,lol.
    Idzik is staying firm on his demands. If I were him, I would not give up Revis for anything less than what the Jets have determined he's worth.
    I would soon let him play out his contract at 9 mill, & get a 3rd round comp pick then let him go for a 2nd rounder & some throw in picks & look like a bunch of fools.
    Revis is the best CB in this league.....THE BEST.....even though he's a mercenary he comes to play, keeps himself in tip top shape & he is always trying to get better.
    He's the AP of cornerbacking in this league & even after his injury we are not just going to let him go for a song.
    Who knows, Jets might still be able to work something out.
    You never know.
    i am with ya.......what is the least YOU would take for Revis? i say a 1st and a third...anything less for me i say keep him and see where it goes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    Your the clueless one! All I ever read from you is your negativity. There is no such thing as a team that rebuilds anymore! It's more like retool and go for it! It has been said in other posts as well. Your goal might be to lose and actually I think you've accomplished your goal already many times but the Jets goal will be to win and win now not tomorrow or in two years or five. I doubt you even go to any games but if you did you deserve to have a beer dumped on your head!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA. That was funny dude.

So you think this franchise is currently retooling and our goal in 2013 is to win now?

Why im responding to this post I do not know.

This is true and I am happy with Idzik so far. However, we can talk all we like about getting rid of players who re old, slow, cost too much but we still have to replace them.

Harrison and Ellis are not of equal value to Pouha and Devito
    Bush and Allen are not of equal value to Bell and Landry
    We need another RB now that Greene is gone.
    We need a TE to replace Keller
    Both guards are FA
    Macintyre in place of Pace and Thomas.

The subtractions have been good and justified but Idzik has to find some competent FA to cover these massive holes before the draft.

just another indication that rex has 1 more year as HC of the NYJ. woody wasn't messing around when he hired the search firm. he wanted a guy who could run the personnel and business elements of the team in a professional manner and bring respectability back to the organization.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This might seem crazy to the whining brigade but wouldn't it be more logical to save the major whining until at least the preseason then cry now in the middle of March??

i am with ya.......what is the least YOU would take for Revis? i say a 1st and a third...anything less for me i say keep him and see where it goes.
    1st & a 2nd & a 4th is the bare minimum for Revis!
    Whether its a 2nd & 4th this year & the 1st next year.

I think this is whats going on with the Bucs right now.
    Bucs are probably offering up next years 1st/ knowing they will be much better & the pick won't be 13th overall.
    Idzik is probably saying, "fine, then we want your 2nd & 3rd this year, or 2nd & 4th this year if we wait till 2014 for the 1st".

That's my thoughts as to whats going on.

All League
    1st & a 2nd & a 4th is the bare minimum for Revis!
    Whether its a 2nd & 4th this year & the 1st next year.

I think this is whats going on with the Bucs right now.
    Bucs are probably offering up next years 1st/ knowing they will be much better & the pick won't be 13th overall.
    Idzik is probably saying, "fine, then we want your 2nd & 3rd this year, or 2nd & 4th this year if we wait till 2014 for the 1st".

That's my thoughts as to whats going on.
    1st 2nd and 4th...bare minimum????!!!! damn, i hate to be the team giving up picks in what you would call a fair deal!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA. That was funny dude.

So you think this franchise is currently retooling and our goal in 2013 is to win now?

Why im responding to this post I do not know.
    Yes Dude I do. I am glad you see my humor. I see your from florida as well. It makes it easy to hide and bash the Jets like all the fin fans do isn't it. Well I will never root for the jets to lose unless there is a situation like the last game with a loss will assure them of a #1 pick or moving up say 4 or 5 spots in the draft such as last year when they made it in the top 10. I didn't root against them but I was ok with the loss. For someone to actually think that the team will tank a season to get a good draft pick(just a pick) that might still be a bust is insane! Are you seriously rooting against them week 1 next year? Just root for the fins than and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    This might seem crazy to the whining brigade but wouldn't it be more logical to save the major whining until at least the preseason then cry now in the middle of March??
    Agreed.
    We won 6 games last year & looked worse at the end of the season.

As a long time fan, I just want to see improvement over time. I truly believe that if the Jets end up with a passrusher, TE, OG, RB, LB in this draft & Idzik finds some solid veteran FAs, to shore up the LBs & Safety spots, we won't be nearly as bad as people think.
    If we get what we hope for Revis this could happen, it's a deep draft, there are more FAs than teams with gobs of money & Rex could reignite some LBs fire.
    Rex can still coach defense & with Marty in here he finally has an OC that has actually had REAL SUCCESS before.
    If our Dline can step it up & we get a nasty rusher from the OLB position we could win games by getting to the backup QB, after we knockout the starter.

1st 2nd and 4th...bare minimum????!!!! damn, i hate to be the team giving up picks in what you would call a fair deal!!!!
    It's really a 2 year trade.
    Think of it as a 2 draft trade.

Seems like a lot but over 2 drafts to give up a 1st in a year you expect to be better & a 2nd & 4th in 2013 is not too much to give up for the best CB in football, maybe ever!
    Revis will be in the HOF if he stays healthy.

You do not GIVE AWAY possible Hall of Famers, sorry.

All League
    It's really a 2 year trade.
    Think of it as a 2 draft trade.

Seems like a lot but over 2 drafts to give up a 1st in a year you expect to be better & a 2nd & 4th in 2013 is not too much to give up for the best CB in football, maybe ever!
    Revis will be in the HOF if he stays healthy.

You do not GIVE AWAY possible Hall of Famers, sorry.
    its happened plenty of times before...especially at the cb position.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    Yes Dude I do. I am glad you see my humor. I see your from florida as well. It makes it easy to hide and bash the Jets like all the fin fans do isn't it. Well I will never root for the jets to lose unless there is a situation like the last game with a loss will assure them of a #1 pick or moving up say 4 or 5 spots in the draft such as last year when they made it in the top 10. I didn't root against them but I was ok with the loss. For someone to actually think that the team will tank a season to get a good draft pick(just a pick) that might still be a bust is insane! Are you seriously rooting against them week 1 next year? Just root for the fins than and move on.
    I do not think they are going to tank the season. I think the players who are on the field will be playing very hard. But there is no talent on the team so no matter how hard they play, they are not going to win games.

Tanking the season is much different then putting a product on the field that has no chance of winning.

I do not think they are going to tank the season. I think the players who are on the field will be playing very hard. But there is no talent on the team so no matter how hard they play, they are not going to win games.

Tanking the season is much different then putting a product on the field that has no chance of winning.
    Well It seemed like you were stating that the plan is to get the first pick in next years draft that was my point. I don't think any team ever has that plan before they even have there draft! At least wait till training camp until you have a clue as to what kind of team will be out there. I admit it will be a very different looking team on and off the field but that doesn't mean they can't be competitive. I take back my loser comments toward you as I'd rather have a descent debatable conversation which is what this should be all about. Anyway so they lost a couple slow lazy guys on D and a couple slow guys on O as well. They already have better replacements on the team in Ellis,Davis,Powell and hopefully Bush and Allen are ready to step up which means they need some depth but I think they can still field a good starting team. Am I expecting them to make the playoffs? heck no but I wouldn't be shocked if they did compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The subtractions have been good and justified but Idzik has to find some competent FA to cover these massive holes before the draft.
    Based on who the Jets are pursuing, it looks like Idzik's plan to fill the holes on a limited FA budget this year is to go after young, borderline-starters, with upside. He did not pounce on these players at 4:00 Tuesday afternoon and give them whatever money it took to get them. He is going at a methodical pace so as to get them at a reasonable price.

Hopefully, some of these young players will prove themselves to be competent starters, once given the opportunity they maybe haven't been given previously. Others will slowly be replaced via the draft or future years' free agency. And at the reasonable salary they'll likely be making, can then serve as backups or role players -- AKA "depth". (Most of these players have already established that they can succeed in a limited capacity -- see Goodson, Barnes, et al.)

Sounds like a good plan to me, but one that will take more than 2 days to execute and judge.
    Last edited by MykePM; 03-14-2013 at 03:37 PM. Reason: corrected day free agency started