Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am starting to despise Idzik already

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Devito is a hit to be sure but really TX, which of the others do you really think is anything other than addition by subtraction?
    Agreed.

This whole conversation is stupid. As a fan, you don't have 2 losing season, and call for the GM firing... but then throw a fit when the new GM doesn't bring back all the players from the past 2 years.

Patience is a virtue. Idzik we field a team, the chicken littles 'round here need not worry.

When a house is old and crumbling, you don't yell at the contractor for demolishing whatevers barely left standing. You yell at him when what he builds becomes a piece of sh!t.

Let's see what he can build over the next few years. Simple...children be patient with the "are we there yet?!" I'll pull this car right over!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Retardation yes?
    You needed a comma this time.

Retardation, yes?
    And it's still an incomplete sentence.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan13 View Post
    This is your big signing?

For a Jets fan, you have pretty thin skin.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Devito is a hit to be sure but really TX, which of the others do you really think is anything other than addition by subtraction?
    That's not the point 31.

The Jets absolutely needed to get rid of guys like Pace and Scott.

But replacing 8 out of 11 starters (no matter who replaces them) is a very tough situation.

Jets Insider VIP
    You guys all missed your callings, the bus for Hollywwod has left the station. You want to debate fine, but grow up with the name calling. You want to build by the draft? Great. But you can't start 8 rookies on Dee unless you r willing to throw the year away. If u r ok with that, enjoy your season.
    I think everyone has come to terms with 2013 being a throwaway year. You need to explain what he should have done instead and what record you were looking for as a result.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

You probably wanted us to overpay Steven Jackson, James Harrison and Charles Woodson with the pennies worth of cap room we have right?
    Keep assuming whatever you want.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Only children and dimwits react like this when they are not served with instant gratification.

What a joke.
    and which one r u?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's not the point 31.

But replacing 8 out of 11 starters (no matter who replaces them) is a very tough situation.
    do I sense a moment of clarity?

Agree 100%!

How is anyone shocked at this approach? Idzik said in his intro press conference that the draft will be the main pipeline for talent and that free agency will be used judiciously. Plus we needed to get out of cap hell before we could spend anything.

It's not like we had tons of $ to use and Joe Montana and Jerry Rice were FA's in their prime looking for sensible contracts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Keep assuming whatever you want.
    Or---- you can fill us in and stop the assuming to fill in the blanks you have left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I think everyone has come to terms with 2013 being a throwaway year. You need to explain what he should have done instead and what record you were looking for as a result.
    No such thing as a throw-away year.

People's jobs are on the line always. Football is a game of pride. NO team ever comes into a year planning to lose.

The problem here is perception. Jets fans grew to hate Tanny, but are throwing fits that Izdik isn't doing things the way Tanny would. No big splash. Izdik is approaching things methodically, which is WAY outside the realm of what dip**** Jets fans can grasp.

Steelers and Ravens are losing players, and not stumbling over themselves to sign crappy FA to bloated contracts. Nobody says boo about that.

There is a LOT to be done to fix this team, it's not all going to be done in 48 hours of free agency. That doesn't mean it's going to take years for it to happen. Only a chump signs up for a multi-year rebuild, like what Mangini pulled taking 3 years to "rebuild" our defense. That was bull****.

The Jets will be doing everything their resources allow them to do, to improve. IF at the end of the year the improvements were not enough, then it becomes a lost season, call it "rebuild" or "throw-away" whatever. Every year we don't win it all is a "throw-away" in my opinion, but only in hindsight after the season ends.

For now, we should be rooting for a smart re-tooling of this roster, and wins.

Why everyone is so hell bent on deeming this a "lost season" is beyond me, it really speaks to how instant gratification needy people are. Free agency is 48 hours old.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

That's not the point 31.

Thats all I was getting at Mike, but some people refuse to hear what you say and only hear what they want.

Hall Of Fame
    That's not the point 31.

Its only a tough situation if people have the delusion that the Jets are going to be a top 5 defense next year. Lets see how good of a defensive coach Rex really is when he doesnt have 3 first round picks in the secondary, and high priced free agents at LB.

and which one r u?
    Derp.

It would appear I'm the only one here advocating patience, not instant gratification... so I guess we can add reading comprehension to your short-comings.

That's not the point 31.

tanny left the team in such a bad state that it's obvious they had to get worse before they could get better. the alternative was to keep spackling all the leaks but you still have crappy qbs and wouldn't win anyway.

OP just pathetic, absolutely pathetic. I despise people who think like this, then feel the need to tell everyone like any of us give a ****.

Jets Insider VIP
    No such thing as a throw-away year.

People's jobs are on the line always. Football is a game of pride. NO team ever comes into a year planning to lose.

The problem here is perception. Jets fans grew to hate Tanny, but are throwing fits that Izdik isn't doing things the way Tanny would. No big splash. Izdik is approaching things methodically, which is WAY outside the realm of what dip**** Jets fans can grasp.

Steelers and Ravens are losing players, and not stumbling over themselves to sign crappy FA to bloated contracts. Nobody says boo about that.

There is a LOT to be done to fix this team, it's not all going to be done in 48 hours of free agency. That doesn't mean it's going to take years for it to happen. Only a chump signs up for a multi-year rebuild, like what Mangini pulled taking 3 years to "rebuild" our defense. That was bull****.

The Jets will be doing everything their resources allow them to do, to improve. IF at the end of the year the improvements were not enough, then it becomes a lost season, call it "rebuild" or "throw-away" whatever. Every year we don't win it all is a "throw-away" in my opinion, but only in hindsight after the season ends.

For now, we should be rooting for a smart re-tooling of this roster, and wins.

Why everyone is so hell bent on deeming this a "lost season" is beyond me, it really speaks to how instant gratification needy people are. Free agency is 48 hours old.
    I don't disagree with anything you've said. Certainly all the staff will be doing everything in their power to field the best team possible while looking to the future as well. Everyone will be coaching for their jobs. But as fans I think it would be unrealistic to have expectations of a better record than say, last year, and then be gravely disappointed if it doesn't happen. "Throwaway" from the fans perspective (which is how the OP was referring to it), not the team itself.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Derp.

It would appear I'm the only one here advocating patience, not instant gratification... so I guess we can add reading comprehension to your short-comings.
    I have been patient for 45 years, let me know when u get there.

Hall Of Fame
    That's not the point 31.

Can you enumerate the 11 and 8 TX (especially since you are attached to the use of that statistic) because it is not clear that we are changing that many.