Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I am starting to despise Idzik already

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Patriot "fairness": you have 10 winning slots, I have 13...
    I saw that. I still think it is a sucker bet on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I saw that. I still think it is a sucker bet on his part.
    His initials are JI, so we can now say JI sucks without Jets Insider getting made

Veteran
    I don't know about you guys but I am excited about the possibilities of our "new look" Jets when the season starts. It was painfully obvious that the it was time to clean house.

Lets get some young, hungry and talented players in here who are not tainted by any of the craziness of the last few years. They will be starting with a clean slate and can create their own legacy. I only hope that some of brain dead fan base give them a chance to do so.

Idzik has a plan; give him a chance to implement it.

So what's the great move Idzik hasn't made? He didn't give Matt friggin Moore $10 mil or match the insane offer Devito got from KC?

Banned
    JI's stupidity is in full force this today....

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan13 View Post
    This is your big signing?

Jets re-sign fullback Lex Hilliard

Yeah because all of the previous Jets spending sprees have been so successful. Leading the jets to numerous titles.

Some of our guys, like Landry or Bell...we have lost 8 starters on defense alone, including 3 safeties. Rex's system is to complex to expect 8 new starters to have any success. If you guys are willing to throw 2013 away, have fun..Im too old for this crap AGAIN.
    Yeah the jets should have signed that mid 30's ss. THey should have also given 6 per to another safety, a ss pretending to be a fs, who can barely cover but makes great hits out of bounds.

If rex is such a great d coach he'll make it work and coach the new guys up. That what coaching, aka teaching, is all about.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    JI's stupidity is in full force this today....
    Today?

You guys all missed your callings, the bus for Hollywwod has left the station. You want to debate fine, but grow up with the name calling. You want to build by the draft? Great. But you can't start 8 rookies on Dee unless you r willing to throw the year away. If u r ok with that, enjoy your season.
    The season was already lost. Why can't some of you wrap your minds around the financial aspect of the game and the simple fact that just being competitive is not enough. Sure they could have signed players and remained on shaky grounds with the cap with aging players which will never get them to the big show. It isn't worth it though.

The jets have played the big name signing game long enough with nothing to show for it. I for one am happy they seem to be going in a different direction besides appeasing the knee jerk fans who can see the forest for the trees.

You want talent and depth? Because that doesn't come from expensive signings.

You will learn to love the new GM. He is doing what needs to be done to get this dysfunctional franchise back on its' feet. When he fires the Mouth next year, we will be well on our way.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...free agency is two days old. He has cleared approximately 43 million in cap so far. Not bad for two days.
    To do that he released half of our starting team from last year.
    Not much magic behind that.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    You are in the minority dude...amazing that you cannot see that what he is doing is more than in the best interest for the jets future.

This is your big signing?

Jets re-sign fullback Lex Hilliard

The Jets have re-signed fullback Lex Hilliard on a 1-year contract, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed. The person requested anonymity because the Jets have not made the move official.

The news was first reported by Pro Football Talk.

Hilliard came to the team as a replacement for the injured John Conner in October and finished the season with eight carries for 31 yards. Hilliard was also a strong presence on special teams

Hall Of Fame
    It's called rebuilding TX.....I love what this GM is doing...nto spending coin on over priced free agents who probably would not have helped the Jets in 2013..he freed up mucho cap space.....we will be able to sign every draft pick and it's day 4 in free agency....no rational person should have an issue with what he is doing....as for the players we are losing.....it's nothing bt subtraction to me.....this is a totally new regime....clean slate and new culture....I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    He makes a very good point.

The Jets defense has lost 8 starters.

Do you seriously think the Jets can replace 8 starters and have a good defense?

Jets defense will be horrible next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Refreshing to see someone else who gets it.....I see that a few actually understand whats going on....not everyone on this board is clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    No such thing as a throw-away year.

People's jobs are on the line always. Football is a game of pride. NO team ever comes into a year planning to lose.

The problem here is perception. Jets fans grew to hate Tanny, but are throwing fits that Izdik isn't doing things the way Tanny would. No big splash. Izdik is approaching things methodically, which is WAY outside the realm of what dip**** Jets fans can grasp.

Steelers and Ravens are losing players, and not stumbling over themselves to sign crappy FA to bloated contracts. Nobody says boo about that.

There is a LOT to be done to fix this team, it's not all going to be done in 48 hours of free agency. That doesn't mean it's going to take years for it to happen. Only a chump signs up for a multi-year rebuild, like what Mangini pulled taking 3 years to "rebuild" our defense. That was bull****.

The Jets will be doing everything their resources allow them to do, to improve. IF at the end of the year the improvements were not enough, then it becomes a lost season, call it "rebuild" or "throw-away" whatever. Every year we don't win it all is a "throw-away" in my opinion, but only in hindsight after the season ends.

For now, we should be rooting for a smart re-tooling of this roster, and wins.

Why everyone is so hell bent on deeming this a "lost season" is beyond me, it really speaks to how instant gratification needy people are. Free agency is 48 hours old.

I am looking forward to what Idzik brings to the table in the next couple of years. So far this season he has let go of some overpaid, old LB's and restructured some contracts to give of some breathing room. He signed Garrard and maybe Kolb for QB competition. I'm sure he will cut Tebow. We will be one of the youngest teams in the league next season with hopefully much more speed. The last two seasons have been as brutal as any even the Kotite years. It has been embarrassing being a Jets fan. I'm excited to see some youth andwatch them grow together as a team. Next season, we can cut Holmes and if necessary Sanchez. He will probably trade the best player we have ever had, but he is a complete douche. I'm tired of people saying he is a leader. Leaders don't hold out twice and leave his teammates to wonder when he will play again. We will suck next season and start getting better from there. Hopefully, in the mold of the Seahawks which is where Idzik came from.
    Last edited by TebowCan'tThrow; 03-15-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    can't judge an entire fanbase by the attitude of some wazooos on one message board....MANY Jets fans such as myself is rational and actually knows that we are in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Worst in all of sports.

Hall Of Fame
    the best part is that portion of brain dead fan base has NO bearing on what the Jets are doing....I too am excited about this new start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I am excited about the possibilities of our "new look" Jets when the season starts. It was painfully obvious that the it was time to clean house.

Lets get some young, hungry and talented players in here who are not tainted by any of the craziness of the last few years. They will be starting with a clean slate and can create their own legacy. I only hope that some of brain dead fan base give them a chance to do so.

Idzik has a plan; give him a chance to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    the best part is that portion of brain dead fan base has NO bearing on what the Jets are doing....I too am excited about this new start.
    +1 ... The front office is actually showing that it is capable of making decisions based on intelligence, and not on the opinion of the mindless masses.

Hall Of Fame
    exactly....and it feels good seeing that as a lifelong fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    +1 ... The front office is actually showing that it is capable of making decisions based on intelligence, and not on the opinion of the mindless masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    yep I think izdik haters are the far minority (i hope) Its going to take atleast a year to clean up the shiitstorm MT left the jets with.. terrible contracts.. 1 more year of Sanchez thankfully.