Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: I am starting to despise Idzik already

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post

It's called rebuilding TX.....I love what this GM is doing...
    I know that freak, and Idzik is doing what needs to be done.

My comment was to those who are saying the Jets are not rebuilding and that they will somehow magically have a top 10 defense next year, which is absurd with all the new players.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I am excited about the possibilities of our "new look" Jets when the season starts. It was painfully obvious that the it was time to clean house.

Lets get some young, hungry and talented players in here who are not tainted by any of the craziness of the last few years. They will be starting with a clean slate and can create their own legacy. I only hope that some of brain dead fan base give them a chance to do so.

Idzik has a plan; give him a chance to implement it.
    Great Post!!!

Jets fans are brutal at times!!! We literally destroy and pick apart our own players.

I once posted on a thread where I showed that no player in Jets history is not disliked by a significant portion of the Jets OWN fan base and that in itself is extremely telling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

My comment was to those who are saying the Jets are not rebuilding and that they will somehow magically have a top 10 defense next year, which is absurd with all the new players.
    Gonna be fun watching the cheats rebuild for 15 seasons in the toilet when Tammi packs it in after 14 to head to his multmillion dollar gay bathhouse

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

I assume you are include me in that one TX. You know my position is is that many pre-existing holes have been removed from the roster by releasing certain players, e.g. Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Eric Smith, etc. Addition by subtraction in these cases (i.e an upgrade).

Not happy about the depth loss with Devito or the loss of Landry (the biggest loss IMO). But the others, Pouha (injuries) and Bell (just did not play all that well) are no great loss from where I look. Pouha barely got on the field last year. The Jets need to fill in significantly at Safety and Linebackers but otherwise and overall I think our defense will be just fine. In certain areas I think the defense has a real chance to be better (if the young DL continues to make progress and if linebacker speed means anything any more).

I understand that you can trumpet the raw number of player changes (and you have) and then use that to make the case the the defense will go into the toilet. I am far more worried about the offense quite frankly and I think the defense got younger and faster almost overnight. Anyhow the story is not yet complete and until the draft is done and rosters are complete you are jumping to conclusions based in large part on some timely housekeeping by a GM with a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    It's called rebuilding TX.....I love what this GM is doing...nto spending coin on over priced free agents who probably would not have helped the Jets in 2013..he freed up mucho cap space.....we will be able to sign every draft pick and it's day 4 in free agency....no rational person should have an issue with what he is doing....as for the players we are losing.....it's nothing bt subtraction to me.....this is a totally new regime....clean slate and new culture....I love it.
    Jets will easily have a top 10 defense next year-with or without the "money grabbing, hold out every two years, I want to renegotiate, It's all about me" CB!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    +1 ... The front office is actually showing that it is capable of making decisions based on intelligence, and not on the opinion of the mindless masses.
    As a member of the fan base it's my opinion that the Jets would be more fun to watch and more profitable if they were a really good competitive team than if they stink. I'm hopeful the front office has the same opinion.

As far as the front office making decisions based on intelligence and not opinion, we simply have no idea if that's the case at this point. They haven't done anything substanitive at this point that be compared to the moves of their competitors.

Jets Insider VIP
    13. We know what that represents. Please wait until you are a bit older to post on an adult board. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    13. We know what that represents. Please wait until you are a bit older to post on an adult board. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!
    KJ I know 13 aka Al he's a friend and in his 50's.. He was at Supe 3 when he was a kid.. BTW 13 was also Maynards number..

I think the Jets could have a top 10 defense still next year. This is based on them adding some more pieces through the draft and free agency, but mainly that I think Rex is such a good defensive coordinator. The talent on defense wasn't anything special last year and they still gave teams problems and I believe were top 10.

Rex is a bit of an enigma when it comes to coaching. Part of me thinks he's a bad coach. Often times his teams come out unprepared and have poor game plans. He doesn't know how to adjust during a game and he has absolutely no knowledge of offense. Another part of me sees what he has had to deal with the last 4 years. A below average to god awful quarterback. Winning 6 games last year with that offense was actually pretty impressive. And the runs he's made in the playoffs have been as well. He didn't have the most talented team in 09 or 10 and each time he made it to the conference championship game. I think this year may be the deciding factor. If he can get close to .500 with that roster, I think he stays and I would give him credit. But part of that is playing the right players, and gameplanning and actually making players better. That's one thing I would be dissapointed about if I was a Jets fan, and it doesn't all fall on Rex because he's not a position coach, but still, not many Jets players have improved the last 4 years. They either stay the same or decline. The rookies seem to kind of level off after their first year. Of course some players improve, but I'm just speaking generally. If that is incorrect feel free to bust me on it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I agree top 10 D is certainly a reasonable possibility

The O being middle of the pack, much less likely

Ljr

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan13 View Post
    This is your big signing?

Jets re-sign fullback Lex Hilliard

The Jets have re-signed fullback Lex Hilliard on a 1-year contract, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed. The person requested anonymity because the Jets have not made the move official.

The news was first reported by Pro Football Talk.

Hilliard came to the team as a replacement for the injured John Conner in October and finished the season with eight carries for 31 yards. Hilliard was also a strong presence on special teams
    Call me when we sign Lex Luthor

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Call me when we sign Lex Luthor
    ... ... just please don't make it Ned Beatty ...

ljr

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    KJ I know 13 aka Al he's a friend and in his 50's.. He was at Supe 3 when he was a kid.. BTW 13 was also Maynards number..
    Nice to know. I will say my apology to Al! I still think he is a bit pre-mature in his critical comments on a guy just starting out on the job. Time alone will tell but I do apologize 13.

Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    I think the Jets could have a top 10 defense still next year. This is based on them adding some more pieces through the draft and free agency, but mainly that I think Rex is such a good defensive coordinator. The talent on defense wasn't anything special last year and they still gave teams problems and I believe were top 10.
    If the Jets draft Star and find a way to keep Revis they will be a top 5 defense next season. I don't think that's even debateable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Nice to know. I will say my apology to Al! I still think he is a bit pre-mature in his critical comments on a guy just starting out on the job. Time alone will tell but I do apologize 13.
    I agree he's way to early to criticize Idzik but you know those emotional Italians..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I agree he's way to early to criticize Idzik but you know those emotional Italians..
    Hey I'm Italian and yes we are way to emotional ; /

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I assume you are include me in that one TX. You know my position is is that many pre-existing holes have been removed from the roster by releasing certain players, e.g. Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Eric Smith, etc. Addition by subtraction in these cases (i.e an upgrade).

Not happy about the depth loss with Devito or the loss of Landry (the biggest loss IMO). But the others, Pouha (injuries) and Bell (just did not play all that well) are no great loss from where I look. Pouha barely got on the field last year. The Jets need to fill in significantly at Safety and Linebackers but otherwise and overall I think our defense will be just fine. In certain areas I think the defense has a real chance to be better (if the young DL continues to make progress and if linebacker speed means anything any more).

I understand that you can trumpet the raw number of player changes (and you have) and then use that to make the case the the defense will go into the toilet. I am far more worried about the offense quite frankly and I think the defense got younger and faster almost overnight. Anyhow the story is not yet complete and until the draft is done and rosters are complete you are jumping to conclusions based in large part on some timely housekeeping by a GM with a plan.
    I agree with this. If there's one thing no one would question Rex is capable of doing - it is coaching defense. Rex will not sit idly by while the defense turns into sh*t. He will get on their a$$es like no tomorrow and get a good product from them.

I also think that while some holes MUST get filled on defense (and probably will through the draft), we'll find a way to get things done.

It's also not a stretch to think our pass rush will be the best Rex has had since he came to NY.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
    Hey I'm Italian and yes we are way to emotional ; /
    My sicilian ex wife back in the 70's tried to stab me twice and run over me once I know all about it..