Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: team no talent

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

team no talent

been going since shea days-this will be the worst team talent wise the jets will have ever put on the field in my 30+ years of watching them-

woody should be greatly embarrassed by this

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    been going since shea days-this will be the worst team talent wise the jets will have ever put on the field in my 30+ years of watching them-

No, he should be embarrassed by the ignorant, shortsighted, lack of fundamental football understanding fans like yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And to think just last year we had the most talented team in years.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

This should be no surprise to anyone who was paying attention. None of this. Anyone with half a brain knew this was coming. At least Woody did the right thing and got rid of Tannenbaum.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way. If we go 4-28 like we did in 95,96, then we can talk.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    No, he should be embarrassed by the ignorant, shortsighted, lack of fundamental football understanding fans like yourself.
    Why do you say that?

The OP is correct, or do you think the Jets will field a talented team this year?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Why do you say that?

The OP is correct, or do you think the Jets will field a talented team this year?
    TX.....you like your new WR? A cynic (none of those around here) might say Welker's #'s will be down this year because he won't be playing us twice a year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    😜👍

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    His statement was over the top but not entirely inaccurate.

QB nothing
    RB almost nothing
    WR suspect
    OL pretty good but some holes
    DL Good
    LB very suspect
    S both gone from last year
    CB Excellent

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you say that?

I think this coming years team can be as talented as last years. Who are we losing frmo last years team that won 6 games without a QB?
    1- Greene- Below average
    2- Keller- Hurt and just average when healthy
    3- Bell- Solid, but easily replaceable
    4- Pouha- Hurt all last year
    5- Revis- Out all last year
    6- Landry- VEry good year will be tough to replace
    7- Pace/Thomas/Scott- All well below average Lbers

So while we are down a bunch of starters, aside from Landry these guys won't be missed too much. Sure we would be much better off with Revis, but again we played without him last year.

I think they will find some serviceable players to replace the likes of Bell and our former elderly core of Lbers. I also expect guys like Coples/wilkerson to take the next step. I have faith that Rex will make it work on defense.

As far as our offense, we can't get worse QB play (Combo of Garard/Sanchez is infinitely better than Tebow/Sanchez) and I think Bilal is an upgrade over Greene. At WR we should have Holmes/Braylon back and Hill should be better with a year under his belt. There was a point last year where Sanchez was throwing to Schillens/clyde Gates and other random FA jags. TE will be an issue.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Please don't listen to Rex and use your own eyes.... We were awful last year precisely because we had no talent on this team!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed...

And just football fans in general who have no memory. This team used to be pretty bad in the early 90s but it's amazing how people seem to forget that. What people think is pathetic now have no idea how bad it was.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Agreed...

And just football fans in general who have no memory. This team used to be pretty bad in the early 90s but it's amazing how people seem to forget that. What people think is pathetic now have no idea how bad it was.
    The fact that people would even CONSIDER comparing this team to the Kotite years is utter stupidity . . .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    so you are okay with the fact we have a garbage roster ? -as far as the personal comments go **** yourself

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Agreed...

I was there every game since the 70s-season ticket holder -missed maybe 7 games since then

we may have had some bad teams but we always had some skill guys as well-guys like toon walker and freeman, the sack exchange....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than Landry, the Jets haven't lost a single player with talent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, because last year the Jets had the Burt Wonderstone of rosters.

I understand it's frustrating watching our rivals work through free agency, but we're not rebuilding through free agency. Wait until the draft. We cannot expect much from the team this year. The Jets were left in an awful salary cap situation. They just started working through it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, he should be embarrassed by the ignorant, shortsighted, lack of fundamental football understanding that Woody himself has paraded around the last several years and he should apologize fans like yourself.
    FIXED

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was there every game since the 70s-season ticket holder -missed maybe 7 games since then

we may have had some bad teams but we always had some skill guys as well-guys like toon walker and freeman, the sack exchange....
    Woody put us directly in these cross hairs and some fans want to credit him for now realizing it.

he is a trust fund baby and the results show it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you say that?

It's quite obvious it's a rebuilding year, so I'm not sure what is so surprising or upsetting about the state of the roster.

And it's not even close to the worst roster in 30 years.