Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: team no talent

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    You do realize we still have Revis, right? Cromartie, Mangold, Brick, Wilk, Holmes . . . you don't have to like these guys, but they'd start on Kotite's team ANY DAY
    You took the words out of my mouth. Like so many fans did, I sat through those miserable Kotite seasons, when there was little on the team to give you hope.

Brick, Mangold, Wilk, Couples, Cromartie ... these five players will be on our roster next September along with some high round draft picks that will likely have some talent ...

I am actually excited to see the new Jets ... will this team take a step back ?
    Yes, but with the way it was constructed it was going no where ... no the team gets reconfigured with a new GM ... I have hope.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    You can't possibly believe the defense will be bottom five. If they are bottom five, Pats are last right?
    9 out of 11 starters gone.

What makes you think the defense will be any good?

The Jets defense will suck next year.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    9 out of 11 starters gone.

What makes you think the defense will be any good?

The Jets defense will suck next year.
    PatsFanTX last year: Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Eric Smith suck.

This year: You lost a bunch of starters, your defense will suck!

Classic.

Also, I know I'm rusty on this whole counting thing...but who are the only 2 returning starters?

Cromartie
    Mo
    Harris

That's three easy ones.

Veteran
    The Jets could very easily have a bottom 5 offense and a bottom 5 defense all in the same year.
    You well know that it is waaaay to early in the off season to decide that the Jets defense will be bottom five. What we lost was relevant/important but not irreplaceable. This defense will take a step back but bottom five ?
    Revis was not here for most of last year, if they can get some lower tier free agents who knows. If the Jets can reduce the turnovers on the offensive side that in itself will help the defense.

Rookie
    Boomer Esiason said it best today!When he said the Jets are going to have a Rich Kotite-esque year!Which basically means we are going to suck!And i happen to agree with him!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1223 View Post
    Boomer Esiason said it best today!When he said the Jets are going to have a Rich Kotite-esque year!Which basically means we are going to suck!And i happen to agree with him!
    Agreed...the wording in my avatar has said it for months now.

Then why is everyone giving our FA's good contracts? Clearly the roster has been bereft of talented players for years.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    The fact that people would even CONSIDER comparing this team to the Kotite years is utter stupidity . . .
    Yeah that team had talent and no coaching. PArcells was able to pull a 9-7 the very next season and almost made the playoffs, thank you Leon Johnson.

This team has neither coaching or talent.

TX, you're not saying anything that the real non delusional Jets fans don't know already. The Jets will have to take it on the chin this season. That's a forgone conclusion. This is what they have to do to get back to relevancy.

But I agree with most here it would take a whole new level of suck to achieve at or below the the way the Jets were from 95-96. That was a low point not only in Jets history but league history as well. That was pure futility and a demolished roster.

I personally like what the new GM is doing and think while If I was a Pats fan I have no reason to be frightened now... I should start thinking about it. Brady wont be around forever (He is the very reason the Pats have enjoyed a decade of great teams) and Idzik Looks like a guy who wants to build a football team the right way. By unloading bad deals and not being reactionary.I'm actually happy about the Jets and I don't care if they win 4-5 games next season. Because at least I know and the real fans know the Jets are taking a step back to finally take some serious steps forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    You took the words out of my mouth. Like so many fans did, I sat through those miserable Kotite seasons, when there was little on the team to give you hope.

Brick, Mangold, Wilk, Couples, Cromartie ... these five players will be on our roster next September along with some high round draft picks that will likely have some talent ...

I am actually excited to see the new Jets ... will this team take a step back ?
    Yes, but with the way it was constructed it was going no where ... no the team gets reconfigured with a new GM ... I have hope.

I was a season ticket holder during kotite era
    our one win team had the following talent wise-the problem was the coaching which became apparent after kotite was gone
    keyshawn
    marvin jones
    chrebet
    hugh douglass
    jumbo
    mo lewis
    mickens
    even kyle brady and richie anderson are better than what we have now
    not to mention odonnell >sanchez

oh and by the way forgot adrian murrell who I think rushed for 1200+ yards

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    No, he should be embarrassed by the ignorant, shortsighted, lack of fundamental football understanding fans like yourself.
    Why do you say that? Obviously we have to rebuild the OP never stated he didn't understand the rebuilding process. He just said the team has no talent and it doesn't ..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Why do you say that? Obviously we have to rebuild the OP never stated he didn't understand the rebuilding process. He just said the team has no talent and it doesn't ..
    You can't really believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Yeah that team had talent and no coaching. PArcells was able to pull a 9-7 the very next season and almost made the playoffs, thank you Leon Johnson.

This team has neither coaching or talent.
    So you don't think Parcells could have pulled 9-7 last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    You can't really believe that.
    Lol ok, didnt think youd take it so literal. We have a handful of good players. Doesn't change the fact overall the team sucks and we will be lucky to win 5 games next year. We're rebuilding, it's a process.

Lol ok, didnt think youd take it so literal. We have a handful of good players. Doesn't change the fact overall the team sucks and we will be lucky to win 5 games next year. We're rebuilding, it's a process.
    I don't think we'd be "lucky" to win 5 games, but we have put ourselves in a position where 5 wins aren't a given.

If we can get some more youth/speed in certain positions, draft well, and get SOME semblance of an offense from MM, 5 wins becomes more of a minimum expectation. If we continue our downward spiral, we'll be a bottom 5 team, Rex/Sanchez will be gone, and we'll be looking towards our next savior in the draft . . .

All Pro
    Have we gtten better talent yet.

All Pro
    Mods please merge with the 1000000000 other Same Old Jerk magnet threads predicated on faulty memories

thanks

Why do you say that?

The OP is correct, or do you think the Jets will field a talented team this year?
    Yes.

Go back packing groceries with your Pats cap on. Then pick up some KFC on your way home!