Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: over/under on Danny Amendola receptions next year..I'll say 98

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    over/under on Danny Amendola receptions next year..I'll say 98

    Nice signing by the scumbags up there in the sh*t hole. Amendola could make them forget about Welker..If he can stay healthy

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    He will be out for at least 8-10 weeks after week 3. Guy is made of glass.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    kid will be a freak in that offense.

    mark my words.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,335
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He will be out for at least 8-10 weeks after week 3. Guy is made of glass.
    Agree with you. I'll take the under...by about 40 catches.

  5. #5
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,715
    Post Thanks / Like
    + 1 on IR by week 3




    Ljr

  6. #6
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like
    over under is more like 60...

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can already see Amendola going in the 2nd round in fantasy drafts, especially in PPR leagues.

    I'm sure he'll have a very strong year with Tom Brady throwing to him.

    But I do have to wonder if its worthwhile to spend $31MM on a health-risk free agent WR who runs precise routes especially when you've got Tom Brady. Can't you find a more unknown guy like that for a lot less?

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He will be out for at least 8-10 weeks after week 3. Guy is made of glass.
    +1

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    70.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    kid will be a freak in that offense.

    mark my words.
    80 receptions, 900 yards, 8 TD's.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He will be out for at least 8-10 weeks after week 3. Guy is made of glass.
    Sadly........this.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    70-75

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post
    over under is more like 60...

    I'll take the over. Sixty nine to be exact.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    80 receptions, 900 yards, 8 TD's.
    70 750 5 tds

    The guys numbers have been pretty steady over his career, not even counting the injury factor.

    I know ive beat this drum here already, but the fact that Amendola is getting $5million per, while jordan shiplye is a FA who will prob get the minimum is awful scouting and attests to who much name recognition counts.

    The players have virtually identical per game production.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    591
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Nice signing by the scumbags up there in the sh*t hole. Amendola could make them forget about Welker..If he can stay healthy
    Are you asking us if he'll be over or under 98?

    Or did you just say over/under and then in an unrelated thought guess he'd have 98 catches?

    If the first, then my guess is the under. I don't see Amendola getting the 175 or so targets Welker used to get. I also don't see Amendola taking as many huge hits over the middle and bouncing up like Welker.

    This is now going to be 100% about Hernandez and Gronk.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take the under.

    He'll be IR'd with a strained Vag by week 3

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I know ive beat this drum here already, but the fact that Amendola is getting $5million per, while jordan shiplye is a FA who will prob get the minimum is awful scouting and attests to who much name recognition counts.

    The players have virtually identical per game production.
    Are you Shipley's agent? The guy tore apart his knee two years ago and -- probably not coincidentally -- has been on three different teams already in his short career. I don't think that can be chalked up to "awful scouting" and "name recognition".

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patís fans should be excited!
    Imaglassdolla has a lot of the same tools as Welker + heís younger.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I'll take the under.

    He'll be IR'd with a strained Vag by week 3
    I agree that Amendola is injury prone, but his injuries have been of the catastrophic type. He's actually pretty tough. If he goes down, it won't be because of a hangnail or a "strained vag".

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Are you asking us if he'll be over or under 98?

    Or did you just say over/under and then in an unrelated thought guess he'd have 98 catches?

    If the first, then my guess is the under. I don't see Amendola getting the 175 or so targets Welker used to get. I also don't see Amendola taking as many huge hits over the middle and bouncing up like Welker.

    This is now going to be 100% about Hernandez and Gronk.
    If I was a vegas odds maker, I'd put the over/under at 98 ( or 96 99).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us