Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: over/under on Danny Amendola receptions next year..I'll say 98

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I agree that Amendola is injury prone, but his injuries have been of the catastrophic type. He's actually pretty tough. If he goes down, it won't be because of a hangnail or a "strained vag".
    Isn't that what everyone is saying? He gets injured all the time... but not your traditional big time injuries. It's the smaller variety which means he's made of glass. And the Pats just gave him a 5 year contract. That's just stupid.

It might work out and BB again looks like a genius and then again he's started just 12 games in the last 2 seasons...

and he's only been targeted about half as much as Welker.

A small guy like that getting hit twice as much with durability concerns might end up smacking the Pats in the face down the line.

Are you Shipley's agent? The guy tore apart his knee two years ago and -- probably not coincidentally -- has been on three different teams already in his short career. I don't think that can be chalked up to "awful scouting" and "name recognition".
    1. He was cut in Cincy because he was hurt and they drafted 2 excellent slot WRs last year.
    2. He wasnt ready to be back as a player in Tampa which is why he was let go there.
    3. Jacksonville is cleaning house on everyone - although Im shocked they let him walk.

But forget my opinion, lets look at the numbers

Shipley's rookie year - 52 catches 600 yards 3 Tds

Amendolas best season - 85 catches 689 yards 3 Tds

Same age, same weight, shipley is an inch taller and returns punts.

Amendola has been awful after the catch - 85 for less then 700 is borderline terrible. Sure he can work the slot, but what does he do after he catches it?

Will he be better with brady, absolutely. But he is an overpaid player based on his actual production.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Isn't that what everyone is saying? He gets injured all the time... but not your traditional big time injuries. It's the smaller variety which means he's made of glass. And the Pats just gave him a 5 year contract. That's just stupid.
    But his injuries are also a bit flukish - broken collarbone is relatively rare for a WR so who knows about injuries.

Its more important to look at his true production

Regarding the question this thread presents:

He’ll probably have 70 catches by game 8 and all the talk will be how smart BB is and how they don’t miss Welker….

And then in game 9, he’ll get injured and be out the rest of the season.

With that, my prediction is less than 98 catches.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    If I was a vegas odds maker, I'd put the over/under at 98 ( or 96 99).
    Cool, yeah I'm sticking with the under for the reasons I brought up.

Plus, Welker was used as an extension of the run game. They now have Ridley and that other dude, they have actual RBs now and don't need the Welker-role to pick up the slack on carries (dump-offs, screens).

Amendola will be more of a true slot receiver and won't play 16 games, because all Jets fans say he's fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    But his injuries are also a bit flukish - broken collarbone is relatively rare for a WR so who knows about injuries.

Its more important to look at his true production
    Exactly. The fluke injuries are a sign of him being frail.

I thought his major injuries were a broken clavicle that almost pierced his heart and a dislocated elbow. I must be confusing him with someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Sadly........this.
    Totally!
    Can u imagine 118 hits on Danny "crystal" Amendola?

There is NO WAY he makes those catches in the LB zone like Welker has done over the last 3 years, NO WAY!

This over under should be GAMES PLAYED or GAMES MISSED TO INJURY

I thought his major injuries were a broken clavicle that almost pierced his heart and a dislocated elbow. I must be confusing him with someone else?
    What I meant was ligament tears being the major injuries.

Broken collarbone? Dude should drink more milk.

Until he gets into the swing of the offense, Gronk and Hernandez are going to have increased receptions, especially Hernandez.

Look at Hernandez filling a lot of the roles that Welker did (and Edelman), initially until Amendola is up to speed.

I'd say DA finishes the season with 60-70 receptions.

His YPC leave something to be desired as well (8.8 over 4 years & almost 300 receptions). Hopefully this is a manifestation of the Rams' offense, and not DA himself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Pat’s fans should be excited!
    Imaglassdolla has a lot of the same tools as Welker + he’s younger.
    Well played

Amendola is built like a twig, doesn't have the strength or build of Welker. Amendola has also been a dome player, remains to be seen if he can thrive in an open air cold weather environment.

Amendola is a solid player, but the Patriots low-balling Welker for 2 million and only a 2 year contract is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Amendola is built like a twig, doesn't have the strength or build of Welker. Amendola has also been a dome player, remains to be seen if he can thrive in an open air cold weather environment.

Amendola is a solid player, but the Patriots low-balling Welker for 2 million and only a 2 year contract is a disgrace.
    true story:

Amendola - 5'11" - 183 lbs
    Welker - 5'9" - 190 lbs

The Broncos lowballed him too. There just wasn't much of a market for Welker, despite his great production.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    true story:

Amendola - 5'11" - 183 lbs
    Welker - 5'9" - 190 lbs
    What about hand size?

What about hand size?
    Welker's are much, much bigger, they can fit around Tom's little d...
    while Imadolla's hands don't quite fit around.

it's what Tom is most upset about actually.

What I meant was ligament tears being the major injuries.

Broken collarbone? Dude should drink more milk.
    Guys who miss every other game due to turf toe or pulled hammies are "made of glass." Guys who suffer catastrophic injuries due to playing the game of football are not necessarily. There's nothing about Amendola's history that suggests he's going to miss a ton of games in the future. He wouldn't have a contract otherwise. Same goes with Gronk.

Banned
    Amendola is built like a twig, doesn't have the strength or build of Welker.
    Why do you continue to make things up to fit your delusional agenda?

Welker - 5'9" - 185 lbs
    Amendola - 5'11" - 185 lbs

His production depends on the health of Gronk and Hernandez. They both missed substantial time in 2012. Be surprisesd if he has more than 75 catches- 850 yards.