Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 82

Thread: Revis off the market per PFT

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    oh...well in that case I can't disagree
    I've been called worse.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It also helps when the market for CBs is getting lower. Revis' people see the market right now, they know 16 million is a f****g pipe dream, NO ONE is paying a CB that money. So as the price comes down, the Jets interest in keeping Revis goes up.
    I like this take, Joseph was the last big CB signing that went well, since then thing have been trending downward. Aso busting, DRC not working out, Carr playing well but not 11mill well, Talib not being tagged, DRC 5 mill, Cox 5 mill, Smith and Grimes no solid offers. This may be giving him pause.

  3. #23
    I think people totally jumped the gun in the 'jets are shopping' angle. I think they said we are open to listen to offers on any player and I really have really seen no hard evidence they have been shopping Revis to the highest bidder.

    The Jets looked at the offers and said, sorry not good enough and smartly are moving on to other things at this point in time.

    Leave the door open to teams that have made offers but don't make trading Revis an overall consuming situation.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I think people totally jumped the gun in the 'jets are shopping' angle. I think they said we are open to listen to offers on any player and I really have really seen no hard evidence they have been shopping Revis to the highest bidder.

    The Jets looked at the offers and said, sorry not good enough and smartly are moving on to other things at this point in time.

    Leave the door open to teams that have made offers but don't make trading Revis an overall consuming situation.
    We jump the gun with any tidbit of information that comes out.

    "Revis eats a snack."

    He's clearly following Rex's methods!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Think this is a smart move. You have well over a month till the draft. You're gonna get another good offer on the table. No need to rush.

    Million dollar bonus or not, it will be worth it in the long run.
    Not trolling- but what if Tampa signs Smith or Grimes in the next month and they are no longer in play, how does that benefit the jets

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Not trolling- but what if Tampa signs Smith or Grimes in the next month and they are no longer in play, how does that benefit the jets
    Last time I looked there were 30 other teams besides the Jets and Bucs. If someone really wants Revis, they'll pay for him.

    And you are trolling.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Not trolling- but what if Tampa signs Smith or Grimes in the next month and they are no longer in play, how does that benefit the jets
    Keep Revis at a more affordable price to cover Ammendola or who ever Brady is throwing to...

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I think people totally jumped the gun in the 'jets are shopping' angle. I think they said we are open to listen to offers on any player and I really have really seen no hard evidence they have been shopping Revis to the highest bidder.

    The Jets looked at the offers and said, sorry not good enough and smartly are moving on to other things at this point in time.

    Leave the door open to teams that have made offers but don't make trading Revis an overall consuming situation.
    Like I said earlier, I think it has less to with the compensation and more to do with the fact that the price for CBs has dropped significantly this year and that Revis is becoming more and more affordable as each of these FA CBs sign with other teams.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,314
    Good, now let's sign him to a new deal. Jets have played hardball, no one's going to pay him close to $16 million/year, offer him $10 million/year and negotiate from there.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Good, now let's sign him to a new deal. Jets have played hardball, no one's going to pay him close to $16 million/year, offer him $10 million/year and negotiate from there.
    I'm still about 95% positive that we're trading him.

    This is a negotiating tactic by Idzik.

    Yeah, you can have Revis. But we're not just going to give him to you.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm still about 95% positive that we're trading him.

    This is a negotiating tactic by Idzik.

    Yeah, you can have Revis. But we're not just going to give him to you.
    yes. it's also making a statement that idzik will not pay a ton of money for 2 cbs. the cap will be redistributed over time by position.

  12. #32
    If I find out that Idzik is in fact tanking this year to get Clowney, Bridgewater, Yeldon, or potentially even Manziel first overall next year, I'm all for it.

    This team needs quality players at the positions that matter:

    1) QB
    2) DE/OLB
    3) WR/RB

    Multiple teams have won super bowls without quality at nearly every other position.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm still about 95% positive that we're trading him.

    This is a negotiating tactic by Idzik.

    Yeah, you can have Revis. But we're not just going to give him to you.
    Probably right but I'll never forgive the Jets if they don't at least meet with his agents and make an offer. Make an offer and leak the terms, let the fans be satisfied that you tried to keep the best player we've ever had.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,170
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Keep Revis at a more affordable price to cover Ammendola or who ever Brady is throwing to...
    Wouldn't a good safety be more valuable anyway in covering where Amendola would be expected to play?

  15. #35
    I REALLY hope this is true, but it's just bull**** to try and get the Bucs to give up their 1st.

    The Jets owner is an idiot. He was personally offended by Revis's tough contract negotiations and is letting that cloud his judgement. He wants Revis gone so he'll be gone. End of story.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm still about 95% positive that we're trading him.

    This is a negotiating tactic by Idzik.

    Yeah, you can have Revis. But we're not just going to give him to you.
    I disagree

    I think they're watching the new CB market, and what these guys are being paid....then they can offer revis a fair market deal

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I disagree

    I think they're watching the new CB market, and what these guys are being paid....then they can offer revis a fair market deal
    That would be the smart thing to do. Thus the Jets won't do that.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    At this point I wouldn't be shocked to hear that the Jets trade Revis or that they sign him to a ~13 million dollar deal. I don't think the jets will settle for a 2nd round pick (assuming that is all that is out there) for a guy like Revis.

    What I do know is that any rumors that come out of Jet camp at this point are leaked intentionally.
    yes, Jets finally using the media to their advantage!

  19. #39

    Isn't it wonderful

    Isn't it wonderful that the leaks have been fixed and we are really all left to guess. We have no idea what the Jets strategy really is! I am very pleased that we appear to be a professional organization again.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I disagree

    I think they're watching the new CB market, and what these guys are being paid....then they can offer revis a fair market deal
    Or the Jets used Tampa to get Revis an offer. If that offer wasn't nearly a good as Revis hoped we might have been able to lower his asking price.

    I just can't imagine a lot of teams willing to give up multiple high draft picks for the right to pay a CB 16mm a year. I just don't see it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us