Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revis off the market per PFT

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Or the Jets used Tampa to get Revis an offer. If that offer wasn't nearly a good as Revis hoped we might have been able to lower his asking price.

I just can't imagine a lot of teams willing to give up multiple high draft picks for the right to pay a CB 16mm a year. I just don't see it.
    I agree unless its a team laying it all on the line for a SB in 2013.....there are a few teams fitting that criteria.

Him off the market is the same as people taking their house off the market after is doesn't move with low offers. Wait for the market to change. But it won't. There is a glut of "product" on the market. He's injured. A good CB draft. And nobody is getting hosed by the Jets. Al Davis is dead.
    The Jets either keep him for a year and he leaves in 2014 with no compensation or they take a low ball now and be done with his financial burden.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Him off the market is the same as people taking their house off the market after is doesn't move with low offers. Wait for the market to change. But it won't. There is a glut of "product" on the market. He's injured. A good CB draft. And nobody is getting hosed by the Jets. Al Davis is dead.
    The Jets either keep him for a year and he leaves in 2014 with no compensation or they take a low ball now and be done with his financial burden.
    and if tampa's offer is the best, the jets have to take the 1st rounder next year but i would hope they'd pry away another pick in this year's draft.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    and if tampa's offer is the best, the jets have to take the 1st rounder next year but i would hope they'd pry away another pick in this year's draft.
    I cant keep up on the activity. Do you know if there was a first next year offered?

The Jets should jump at that if so.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I cant keep up on the activity. Do you know if there was a first next year offered?

The Jets should jump at that if so.
    rumor has it tampa offered either a 2nd this year or a 1st next year. the jets want a 1st this year.

Im glad Izdik took him off.. I was worried because cheap SOB woody im sure its pushing him to trade revis before he has to pay him a few mil due in 2days? Sure tampa knows this.. I know some of our own fans are nuts or just in huge denial thinking we are getting a huge ransom for revis. I thought Id share the other side of the coin and what some of the what I guess is bucks fans comments off ESPN article about revis.. Now I want jets to keep revis, let him start year and trade hm in season..

warning some of these morons will make you want to punch through your computer screen..

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...rst-round-pick

How can you compare Revis to Percy Harvin??? An ACL is so huge in what a CB has to do. And Percy Harvin isn't coming off ACL surgery and had a HUGE year.

How is Revis the best Cornerback in the league? Based on what? What did he do last season? If you're going on what he did 2 years ago, then hey, I think Strahan is the best pass rusher available if you can get him out of retirement. With an injury such as an ACL and an entire year off, you just don't know what Revis is capable of or incapable of... ridiculous to call him the best when he didn't even play.

Half of what he was is still very good though. But not 1st rounder good. or even 16 million a year good. I would say he's worth a 2nd at best considering his current condition.

Rhitson88

No doubt I would give my blessing as a Bucs fan on a 2nd rounder. But they are just not going to squeeze out a first rounder from the Bucs ownership. Not after the results they got from the group they drafted last year in the first 3 rounds. Besides, as much as the Bucs need CBs, they aren't desperate. They can easily sign Sean Smith and Derrick Cox and be done with it. Then using their 1st round pick on the OLB out of Georgia. I would prefer that route anyway.

KARLIII

Revis is coming off a major knee injury. No way can he garner a 1st round pick, especially one as high as 13.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post

How can you compare Revis to Percy Harvin??? An ACL is so huge in what a CB has to do. And Percy Harvin isn't coming off ACL surgery and had a HUGE year.[/B]
    677 yds and 3 tds is a huge year??

Banned
    That report came out today about how the whole Glazer family was on board with getting Revis. Maybe the Jets are using that as leverage against them. It will be the first time we've done that to someone after all of the times it has happened to us the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Im glad Izdik took him off.. I was worried because cheap SOB woody im sure its pushing him to trade revis before he has to pay him a few mil due in 2days? Sure tampa knows this.. I know some of our own fans are nuts or just in huge denial thinking we are getting a huge ransom for revis. I thought Id share the other side of the coin and what some of the what I guess is bucks fans comments off ESPN article about revis.. Now I want jets to keep revis, let him start year and trade hm in season..

warning some of these morons will make you want to punch through your computer screen..

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...rst-round-pick

How can you compare Revis to Percy Harvin??? An ACL is so huge in what a CB has to do. And Percy Harvin isn't coming off ACL surgery and had a HUGE year.

How is Revis the best Cornerback in the league? Based on what? What did he do last season? If you're going on what he did 2 years ago, then hey, I think Strahan is the best pass rusher available if you can get him out of retirement. With an injury such as an ACL and an entire year off, you just don't know what Revis is capable of or incapable of... ridiculous to call him the best when he didn't even play.

Half of what he was is still very good though. But not 1st rounder good. or even 16 million a year good. I would say he's worth a 2nd at best considering his current condition.

Rhitson88

No doubt I would give my blessing as a Bucs fan on a 2nd rounder. But they are just not going to squeeze out a first rounder from the Bucs ownership. Not after the results they got from the group they drafted last year in the first 3 rounds. Besides, as much as the Bucs need CBs, they aren't desperate. They can easily sign Sean Smith and Derrick Cox and be done with it. Then using their 1st round pick on the OLB out of Georgia. I would prefer that route anyway.

KARLIII

Revis is coming off a major knee injury. No way can he garner a 1st round pick, especially one as high as 13.
    These Bucs fans just haven't seen enough of Revis to know how good he is.
    They don't know that he made Vincent Jackson his personal *****.
    It's ok though.
    Either way the market is being reset this year with the release of so many CBs.
    Win, win for the Jets
    Taking him off the market is Idziks way of telling the teams that have offers that "your close" but not yet there.
    It's a fair way to tell a team or teams interested in Revis that this is not gonna be a game where everything gets rebid every 24 hours.
    The price is the price, we don't have a clue what that price is but I'm sure there is a team contemplating on whether to pull the trigger because Revis will be pulled further back away as the days go on.
    Great move if this is indeed what is transpiring.

Idzik won't put revis back on the trading block until someone gets him a glass of 100% Cambodian breast milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    That report came out today about how the whole Glazer family was on board with getting Revis. Maybe the Jets are using that as leverage against them. It will be the first time we've done that to someone after all of the times it has happened to us the past few years.
    Real Buc fans want Revis, what the f*ck do they care what the Glazers pay him?
    Build excitement
    Pull him back
    Fans start getting anxious
    Leak some info about extra pick holding it up
    This reminds me of Flounder in Animal House
    "This is great"

Safeties & RB

Looks like the Jets are looking at Lacey of Ala. as their 1st rnderr. Safety has now been completely emptied - Pollard would be great. Any other ideas?

So many CBs have entered the market right now it is not real shocking. Looks lie we will have to wait and see where some of them land but I like the fact they aren't willing to just take any deal. Just makes no sense. We have money to spend right now we should focus on what FA we want on this team right now. Lock down an OLB and a G/RT then see if you have enough money to deal Revis IMO. I just don't get why everyone seems so willing to pay Revis to play for anther team. 12 mil in dead money is not a good thing. If we are willing to take that kind of hit I'll say it again cut Sanchez. It is a no brainer. You pay to get rid of bad players not get rid of good ones.

All League
    Its the right thing to do if true. You either keep him or trade him for the value he is worth (which is much more than a 2nd round pick).

Quote Originally Posted by jetliner View Post
    Looks like the Jets are looking at Lacey of Ala. as their 1st rnderr. Safety has now been completely emptied - Pollard would be great. Any other ideas?
    Lacy is not 1st round talent 9 would be a massive reach, I do not see it at all. Maybe in the 2nd round but I hope not. He just isn't a very good prospect. Wait till next year and draft a stud RB. This class just isn't that good. I am tired of this team drafting 3-4 round talent at RB. Always ends up with us starting some FA RB that is much better anyway.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    no news here.

negotiating tactic.

morons.
    I'm sorry; would you repeat that, Capitan Magellan?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    rumor has it tampa offered either a 2nd this year or a 1st next year. the jets want a 1st this year.
    hmmmm.

Wats wrong with the 1st next year i wonder.....I cant see the Bucs jumping to serious contender role (and thus making the pick lower in the draft).

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm still about 95% positive that we're trading him.

This is a negotiating tactic by Idzik.

Yeah, you can have Revis. But we're not just going to give him to you.
    We can all slap our new gm on the back ,however ,the 3 million in dead money and having to deal with it this off-season makes not trading him a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    hmmmm.

Wats wrong with the 1st next year i wonder.....I cant see the Bucs jumping to serious contender role (and thus making the pick lower in the draft).
    It means the rebuild will take longer / occur at a later date. Young talent needs to be infused into the line up sooner rather than later. A rookie drafted next year's peak years are supposedly one year later than a rookie drafted this year's.

Also yes there is a risk the Bucs are better and their pick is worse.