Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Antwan Barnes?

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    hitting 30 soon. Part time player. I can only hope he leaves here without a contract.
    Man lick my ball$ with your complaining

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    hitting 30 soon. Part time player. I can only hope he leaves here without a contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He doesnt turn 29 until October, and he is exactly the type of player the Jets can target. There are no 25 year old 12 sack a year FAs that will play for 2 million per year, if you can find one, please let us know.
    LOL

Hall Of Fame
    He is Maybin. DPR only.

I think Butler will get at least double what Barnes gets. Do I prefer Butler?? Yes, but Barnes is still a good option at his price.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He is Maybin. DPR only.
    No, he isn't Maybin

Undrafted Free Agent
    Any news on Barnes' visit from today yet? Haven't heard one word...

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Confirmed that Antwan Barnes has left the Jets building with no deal. #nyj

@BrianCoz: Confirmed that Antwan Barnes has left the Jets building with no deal. #nyj

If we hadn't signed Colon, this news would have been really depressing.

Jets | Antwan Barnes leaves without deal
    Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:48:01 -0700

Free-agent LB Antwan Barnes (Chargers) left his visit with the New York Jets without a contract Friday, March 15.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#806523#ixzz2Ndya0yCp

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets didn't make an offer to OLB Antwan Barnes. Seems like they're turning their attention elsewhere. Victor Butler still on radar. #nyj

Three unrestricted free agents who met with the Steelers today -- former Arizona running back Beanie Wells, former Dallas linebacker Victor Butler and former Chicago Bears tight end Kellen Davis left the South Side facility without any contract discussion.

A team source said that does not preclude the possibility the Steelers could still sign at least one of the players.

Meantime, guard Willie Colon, who was released Wednesday, didn't take long to find employment. He signed a one-year deal with the New York Jets for a reported $1.2 million.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2Ne0h7lnF
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-15-2013 at 05:56 PM.

I wasn't excited about Barnes. IMO he is too light to make an impact at OLB. We need an every down player who can defend the run and rush the passer, and not tip the play because he is DPR.

I would love for Idzik to get Dumervil in here on a long term deal and make all the media jackals STFU!!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: Jets didn't make an offer to OLB Antwan Barnes. Seems like they're turning their attention elsewhere. Victor Butler still on radar. #nyj
    That males me feel a bit better that they didn't give him an offer instead of him rejecting an offer.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That males me feel a bit better that they didn't give him an offer instead of him rejecting an offer.
    Assuming that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Assuming that's true.
    If Mehta wanted to create buzz, he would have put it that Barnes rejected the Jets, not the other way around.

All League
    Hopefully means Jets focusing on Butler.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    If Mehta wanted to create buzz, he would have put it that Barnes rejected the Jets, not the other way around.
    Not talking about Mehta - it's possible that the Jets floated that out there if they couldn't get in his price range, or were otherwise rebuffed.

No idea what the real story about any of this stuff is, but I rarely take what's reported as gospel.

All Pro
    I think Butler will get at least double what Barnes gets. Do I prefer Butler?? Yes, but Barnes is still a good option at his price.
    We can afford Butler if we are really sold on him long term. The only teams interested in him have even less money than we do, or are the Steelers who don't like to spend money on FAs. Barnes sounds like he'd be another one year try out type. I think Butler is going to get a 3 year deal from someone. I'm kind of leaning towards going all in on him. Not quite sure though. Not much film on him, and no one knows for sure how he would hold up. Still would offer Barnes a one year deal with small bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Not talking about Mehta - it's possible that the Jets floated that out there if they couldn't get in his price range, or were otherwise rebuffed.

No idea what the real story about any of this stuff is, but I rarely take what's reported as gospel.
    SNUBBED!

Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post

I would love for Idzik to get Dumervil in here on a long term deal and make all the media jackals STFU!!
    We can dream! Man that would be awesome.