Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets expected to purse Kolb after his release

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I agree....i'll give sanchez his well deserved props for those 2 seasons...but have you ever seen a qb regress has fast as he has.....last year was surreal watching him under center......i'd like to see what kolb can do here....also see a healthy garrard. I want to beleive it...but I just think sanchez is who he is and will not get any better.
    I agree with you.

I wanted the Jets to get Garrard two seasons ago. I know Garrard has played at a higher level than Sanchez or Kolb.

I said three years ago that the Jets were not grooming Sanchez properly and I now believe that their lack of a plan for his development has ruined him. Sanchez certainly doesn't seem anything like the QB we saw those first two season in the playoffs.

So as a Jets fan, I for one am happy with what is being done because at least our GM gets it... He has a plan and he is not running his mouth about it in the media what a concept!!!

Lets GO Jets!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    I will pose the question, have you ever seen a team regress as fast as the Jets have. They took away all his weapons and chemistry. The OL fell apart. I think you bring in another vet like Kolb and see if they can beat out Sanchez. If not, we give him one more year and then move on if he sucks again.
    This is what our GM is doing and it is the right thing to do!!!

Every point you bring up is correct and they are points that are often overlooked by those who despise Sanchez.

Indeed IMO, Sanchez's time here would have been much different had the Id man been our GM as opposed to Tanny Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I agree with you.

I wanted the Jets to get Garrard two seasons ago. I know Garrard has played at a higher level than Sanchez or Kolb.

I said three years ago that the Jets were not grooming Sanchez properly and I now believe that their lack of a plan for his development has ruined him. Sanchez certainly doesn't seem anything like the QB we saw those first two season in the playoffs.

So as a Jets fan, I for one am happy with what is being done because at least our GM gets it... He has a plan and he is not running his mouth about it in the media what a concept!!!

Lets GO Jets!!!
    I've seen this said before, but frankly I don't see it. The Jets groomed Sanchez the same way the Pats groomed Brady, they asked him not to lose games. The only difference these last two seasons is that the talent around him isn't as good as it was his first two seasons.

Mark Sanchez is the same QB he was as a rookie. Still erratic with his accuracy, still indecisive with the ball, poor ball security, inability to read an NFL defense, locks in far too often to his first target, bad mechanics resulting in high throws, terrible short game...

The Jets didn't ruin him, he just never was that good enough and that was masked with some of the best talent in the league surrounding him on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I've seen this said before, but frankly I don't see it. The Jets groomed Sanchez the same way the Pats groomed Brady, they asked him not to lose games. The only difference these last two seasons is that the talent around him isn't as good as it was his first two seasons.

Mark Sanchez is the same QB he was as a rookie. Still erratic with his accuracy, still indecisive with the ball, poor ball security, inability to read an NFL defense, locks in far too often to his first target, bad mechanics resulting in high throws, terrible short game...

The Jets didn't ruin him, he just never was that good enough and that was masked with some of the best talent in the league surrounding him on both sides of the ball.
    I agree 100%. Well said.

It's hard to take Kolb seriously since he's never taken a team to the playoffs but if you look at how the Cardinals played last year before and after he got injured, you can see that he can be passable as a starting QB if surrounded by a decent supporting cast.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    It's hard to take Kolb seriously since he's never taken a team to the playoffs but if you look at how the Cardinals played last year before and after he got injured, you can see that he can be passable as a starting QB if surrounded by a decent supporting cast.
    That's exactly what we already have

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post

So either he's the same QB as he ever was, or he has monumentally regressed. Can't.have it both ways

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I did watch him in Philly... just about every game. He beat out Vick, before Vick had his sea legs back. I didn't see a good player there. I saw a gunshy player who throws too many INTs and can't avoid the rush if his life depended on it... just like some other schmuck I know of.

Kolb is a limited player IMO and he's just so fragile that it would be foolish to count on him.

I guess it's good that they're trying, bringing in guys to compete and push Sanchez. But I have little to no faith in Kolb as the guy this year.
    yet you have faith in Suckchez after what we all saw last year and the year before. Kolb played much better in Philly then you are saying for the sake of building up Sucky. And in Arizona prior to getting hurt he was doing very well. Arizona has no OL worth a darn, we do!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    That's exactly what we already have
    Ummmm. In who? Sanchez? With Mark we had the lowest rated QB in the NFL or darn near the lowest rated. Was that by accident? 52 turnovers in two years! Pleeeeease! I can see supporting a player but not blindly! He is what his record says he is and maybe worse! He can not command a pocket; still locks onto a receiver; is inaccurate; has happy feet; hit him hard once and the game is yours!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    So therefore we should take Sanchez seriously because he did get to the playoffs with the Jets twice. However, after the brutality of the past two seasons, I find I can no longer have faith in Sanchez. I hope he loses out in camp competition but if he wins the job by earning it I will support him to lead us to victory. I just won't bet on him to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This is what our GM is doing and it is the right thing to do!!!

Every point you bring up is correct and they are points that are often overlooked by those who despise Sanchez.

Indeed IMO, Sanchez's time here would have been much different had the Id man been our GM as opposed to Tanny Boy.
    There are few of us left on this site, but I know that you and I have been preaching the same rhetoric for the last few years. Sanchez was doomed from day one with Rex and Cavanaugh on staff. Tanny's misguided approach to building a team around a young qb made the situation even worse. I'm still hoping he can be salvaged.

All Pro
    So where exactly do we stand with this Kevin Kolb . Personally, i am hoping nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    So where exactly do we stand with this Kevin Kolb . Personally, i am hoping nowhere.
    I don't know..How can it hurt?

Jets Insider VIP
    He's still being 'pursed', some weird Mafia thing I guess.

His Wiki page not only lists him as a Jet but has even assigned a number! 4! He's the new Favre.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 03-16-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Agreed..but jeez our QB situation is looking eerily like 93 to 97 when we marched in a dozen throw aways.

Speaks more to mark than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Exactly, how could anybody be opposed to this move, especially the Sanchez hating contingent of the board?

It's a move that makes complete sense right now.

Kolb, like Sanchez, does have ability, and has flashed at the NFL level, former 2nd round pick, he has performed, and flourished in Philly which created his trade value and big contract with Arizona. At the very least, he would be reuniting with the coach that made him that player Arizona traded for.

The fact that Mornhinweg is now with the Jets and the Jets are looking to create competition for Sanchez, it makes complete sense.

All Pro
    Understand that i am not against bringing in competition for the QB position, the thing is thou i really don't want a crowd..The Jets are about to learn a new offense, and the reps can't be spread ot so thin that the rest of the team can't find a groove in the scheme. Every QB has his own cadence, so 15 of em doesn't help the unit, and it has to be about the unit and it's execution of the scheme.

I think Kolb played well under Morninwheg, bring him in...👍

Understand that i am not against bringing in competition for the QB position, the thing is thou i really don't want a crowd..The Jets are about to learn a new offense, and the reps can't be spread ot so thin that the rest of the team can't find a groove in the scheme. Every QB has his own cadence, so 15 of em doesn't help the unit, and it has to be about the unit and it's execution of the scheme.
    in 90% of the cases i would agree with you but in this case with him having 3 years with Mornigweig in philly i think it will be less taxing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Not sure where the team is right now with Kolb but I want to go on record as being for signing him.

Garrard was a good add, however in all honesty we know he has years and injuries on him, I'm not sure he represents genuine competition for the starting spot. Kolb on the other hand has played very well under Morningwood and last year should not be compared with what he did prior. He is young, now healthy, and legitimate competition. The other thing he would bring is flexibility in this year's draft. The Jets can ignore the QB position this year unless something falls in their lap.

If Kolb doesn't work out the Jets could then bet the farm on someone next year and move up, a worst case scenario.

sign him