Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 278

Thread: Jets expected to purse Kolb after his release

  1. #221
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    My guess is that with a QB battle between Sanchez/Garrard/Kolb then I think as long as Garrard and Kolb stay healthy, our depth chart will look like:

    Kolb, Garrard, rookie

    I honestly cannot imagine a situation where Sanchez could come back and win over the fan base. So why keep him on the roster.

  2. #222
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,325
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    My guess is that with a QB battle between Sanchez/Garrard/Kolb then I think as long as Garrard and Kolb stay healthy, our depth chart will look like:

    Kolb, Garrard, rookie

    I honestly cannot imagine a situation where Sanchez could come back and win over the fan base. So why keep him on the roster.
    $$$$$$$$$$$

  3. #223
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Please STOP trying to shove Sanchez down our throats! If he gets beaten out by Kolb and Garrard, it would come down to him vs a rookie or McElroy for clipboard holder. Ya really think the Jets would spend 8.2 mil on a third string QB? They'd find a way to trade his sorry butt!
    who appointed you the Jet fanbase spokesman?

  4. #224
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,729
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    My guess is that with a QB battle between Sanchez/Garrard/Kolb then I think as long as Garrard and Kolb stay healthy, our depth chart will look like:

    Kolb, Garrard, rookie

    I honestly cannot imagine a situation where Sanchez could come back and win over the fan base. So why keep him on the roster.
    I agree with the depth chart. However, Sanchez doesn't have to win over the fan base. He has to win over the FO and coaching staff.

  5. #225
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    I agree with the depth chart. However, Sanchez doesn't have to win over the fan base. He has to win over the FO and coaching staff.
    True for every position other than QB. If Sanchez is starting opening day, how many empty seats are there going to be? It's one thing if Kolb or Garrard get hurt, but there is no way we are going to keep all three vets going into next year.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You obviously did not comprehend that REX said that last season McElroy worked hard to develop strength in his throwing. From what we saw in preseason the kid did improve his arm strength! But as Bill Walsh always said arm strength is overrated! Look at Suckchez. While not possessing a cannon he is a bit stronger then McElroy but woefully inaccurate. Jow Montana did not have a cannon for an arm but he was a smart QB. I would hesitate to call Suchchez a smart QB at this point. We know that McElroy is a near- Rhodes Scholar. We also know he won a Championship in college in the very tough SEC. Has Sucky ever won anything other then a Rose Bowl and impress a few people like you?
    Joe Montana is Dan Marino compared to McElroy. Please stop comparing McElroy to Montana when it comes to anything. You know why the jets picked up Garrard and may pick up Kolb? Because they know they have nothing in McElroy.

  7. #227
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    I agree with the depth chart. However, Sanchez doesn't have to win over the fan base. He has to win over the FO and coaching staff.
    He just has to win.

    he had quite a few come from behind wins in 09. And 2010.

    That would win us all over.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    He just has to win.

    he had quite a few come from behind wins in 09. And 2010.

    That would win us all over.
    It's like the girl you like paying attention to you again after breaking your heart two years ago.

    Yes, she'd be paying attention, but you know she's going to break your heart again.

    Shoot her. Shoot her now before it's too late. Get a new one and take your chances.

  9. #229
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    who appointed you the Jet fanbase spokesman?
    I saw that you failed in that capacity so I figured I'd ask a question to spark discussion After you read Reading Comprehension 101 please try answering the question intelligently before trying to be sarcastic.

  10. #230
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,749
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Joe Montana is Dan Marino compared to McElroy. Please stop comparing McElroy to Montana when it comes to anything. You know why the jets picked up Garrard and may pick up Kolb? Because they know they have nothing in McElroy.
    Gee I thought it was to scare the crap out of Suckchez so that he might perform better. But according to you its McElroy they are trying to dump. Thanks for you insight! Err I was not comparing McElroy to anyone. I used Montana as an illustration.

    So in you warped opinion Garrard and possibly Kolb would be fighting for the #3 QB position on the Jets rather then compete with Sucky for the starting job?

  11. #231
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,749
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    He just has to win.

    he had quite a few come from behind wins in 09. And 2010.

    That would win us all over.
    I think you are right. Winning will cure everything! It sure would feel great!

  12. #232
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,948
    I have to say that Sanchez was on track to be a good gambling type QB, when the league figured out how to bait him into picks. There was no one qualified to help him learn from that, and they didn't know how to design plays to make it easier, or at least get big plays to even out the risk(like they do with Eli). Then they compounded that by trying to make a game manager out of a streaky QB with big play capability, and little touch, or accuracy. It got to the point where he has no confidence left, and cannot make up his mind what to do. I don't think he can get it back, but it's possible. I will not agree if he starts, but if he does there is a chance he could still be something, and I'll root for that if it comes to it.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Gee I thought it was to scare the crap out of Suckchez so that he might perform better. But according to you its McElroy they are trying to dump. Thanks for you insight! Err I was not comparing McElroy to anyone. I used Montana as an illustration.

    So in you warped opinion Garrard and possibly Kolb would be fighting for the #3 QB position on the Jets rather then compete with Sucky for the starting job?
    You have reading comprehension issues. When did i ever say that? i simply said, that we have 3 QBs battling it out (Sanchez/Kolb/Garrard). But I will let you continue your imaginary argument since it seems to get you all riled up.

    And if the JEts sign Kolb and eventually cut sanchez, i am ok with that as well, but you can bet that Mcelroy will still not be in the loop. It would likely be Kolb/Garard/Rookie with mcelroy, once again, being out the loop.

  14. #234
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    It's like the girl you like paying attention to you again after breaking your heart two years ago.

    Yes, she'd be paying attention, but you know she's going to break your heart again.

    Shoot her. Shoot her now before it's too late. Get a new one and take your chances.
    Ya but she gave such good helmet

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Ya but she gave such good helmet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKO2ggCDym0

  16. #236
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    100
    And the decision on which QB earns the starting job will be made by a guy with a tattoo of his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey.

    If you were Kolb, would you sign here?

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    And the decision on which QB earns the starting job will be made by a guy with a tattoo of his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey.

    If you were Kolb, would you sign here?
    Do you honestly believe that Rex yields all the power?

    I don't.

  18. #238
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    100
    Whats up John? Yes, I honestly believe the Head Coach decides who starts at QB. I also know that the vast majority of the information conveyed to the fans & press about the progess of the players and their skills is communicated by the Head Coach.

    At this point there are only a few ways to have a legit open QB competition on this team:

    A. Announce that Sanchez will not be considered for starter
    B. Cut Sanchez and eat the Cap money
    C. Fire Ryan
    D. Announce that the owner, GM, or QB Coach will determine the QB depth chart

    See any of these things happening?

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Whats up John? Yes, I honestly believe the Head Coach decides who starts at QB. I also know that the vast majority of the information conveyed to the fans & press about the progess of the players and their skills is communicated by the Head Coach.

    At this point there are only a few ways to have a legit open QB competition on this team:

    A. Announce that Sanchez will not be considered for starter
    B. Cut Sanchez and eat the Cap money
    C. Fire Ryan
    D. Announce that the owner, GM, or QB Coach will determine the QB depth chart

    See any of these things happening?
    What's up, pal? I'm good tonight.

    I think woody has his hands in it too much now. I also feel Idzik is given the controls. If (that's a big if) the Jets sign Kolb for a year (and he hasn't been released), that will be another sign that they have zero trust in Sanchez and are looking.

    Now, I think Rex will have some say, but I don't believe he's the final word on who's going to play - especially on offense.

  20. #240
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    exactly.....i am cracking up at how many people here actualy think the fans are having an impact on what the jets do.



    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    who appointed you the Jet fanbase spokesman?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us