Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets expected to purse Kolb after his release

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Thanks Man. Feeling much better today. Might actually go back to work tomorrow.

Maybe, LOL.
    Fvck no. It's friday! Take the 3 day weekend and be clean and healthy come monday. You don't want to make your coworkers sick now do you? Or do you?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Philly North.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Kolb's ceiling with Morninwheg >>>> Kolb's ceiling with Whisenhunt

Kolb was a system QB in Philly, and played well. I'm happy to see him join the competition here.
    Did you just express your feelings on a football website?

You probably sit to pee.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    Don't hate it and sadly he'd become the best QB on our roster.
    You're nuts. Sanchez even with all of his bs from last season is actually a better qb and ditto for Garrard. I would even take Teabag over Kolb.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I brought him up a few times this offseason, think he'd be a good signing, much better than Garrard.
    You guys are way out there today. Kolb is hot garbage it's not like he didn't have an all-pro in Fitz and a good #2 receiver to work with (Andre Roberts) and yet he sucked royally. What did Suckchez work with last season? Bums off the street? Yeah.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Kolb?

Don Banks of cnnsi.com says he might be cut and the Jets are showing interest. He can't stay healthy, but if he could, he's better than Garrard and Sanchez. Not sure how I'd feel about it

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Don Banks of cnnsi.com says he might be cut and the Jets are showing interest. He can't stay healthy, but if he could, he's better than Garrard and Sanchez. Not sure how I'd feel about it
    I would prefer we trade for Foles before Kolb. Look at Kolbs stats under Marty M no thanks

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why not kick the tires and bring him in for a once over. Couldn't hurt!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post

But wait, you think he's better than the 2 QBs on the roster but don't know how you feel about it?

He knows the new offense. If nothing else, adds to the competition. Nothing would be handed to him, why not?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arians knows QBs and if he is passing we should pass.

Unless it is for like vet min with no guarantees.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    But wait, you think he's better than the 2 QBs on the roster but don't know how you feel about it?

He knows the new offense. If nothing else, adds to the competition. Nothing would be handed to him, why not?
    Because there is a better option out there in Foles. My friends are die hard philly fans I watched all of foles games he is a lot better than Kolb in my opinion. If we get extra picks for revis I would be happy to trade for him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Great point

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Because there is a better option out there in Foles. My friends are die hard philly fans I watched all of foles games he is a lot better than Kolb in my opinion. If we get extra picks for revis I would be happy to trade for him.
    And other better options like ARodgers. Your point? Foles isn't available, where have you seen him dangled as trade bait. Other than people want him to be available.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    And other better options like ARodgers. Your point? Foles isn't available, where have you seen him dangled as trade bait. Other than people want him to be available.

Philly said they would trade him for the right price even after kelly said he would like to work with him. Look I am all for bringing in as much qb competition as possible so if would benefit the team then why the hell not

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    If Kolb and Garrard beat out Suckchez, ya really think the Jets will pay 8.2 mil for a clipboard holder? I think if he gets beaten out the Jets will find a way to dump him. When there is the will , there is a way!
    Yes!

You play whoever is the better player. What they make doesn't change a thing. A roster with Sanchez and Garrard or Kolb is the same $$ wise with Sanchez starting or sitting. And saves 9mil over cutting him.

Never mind Idzik's Seahawks team paid the FA QB they signed even more money to sit behind a 3rd rd pick

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the problem here? Idzik is going to bring in four or five guys and let them battle it out. Probably something like Sanchez-Garard-Kolb-Rookie. Wasn't that what they did in Seattle? Keep bringing QBs in until they got the right one?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Philly said they would trade him for the right price even after kelly said he would like to work with him. Look I am all for bringing in as much qb competition as possible so if would benefit the team then why the hell not
    Actually they never said they would trade him for any price, they said they won't trade him unless unless the offer blows the organization away.

No one makes a backup untradeable but realistically, with a concussion waiting to happen at QB he not going anywhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

And wouldn't Mornhinweg and Lee know QB's?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    And wouldn't Mornhinweg and Lee know QB's?
    No doubt about it. MM was a bad head coach, but is definitely a good OC and QB guy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually they never said they would trade him for any price, they said they won't trade him unless unless the offer blows the organization away.

No one makes a backup untradeable but realistically, with a concussion waiting to happen at QB he not going anywhere.
    If you read my quote I said for the right price not any price. Look I like the kid i am all for bringing in whoever can to improve are qb situation.