Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets expected to purse Kolb after his release

I'm just sick of all these garbage QB's in our plans or linked to us......

Let Sanchez, Garrard, and possibly a rookie QB battle it out

Kolb is bad, with or without Marty Morningwhig

Undrafted Free Agent
    Look, the guy is young, he's shown flashes in the past and there is still a chance he can turn his career around...................

Those are the exact same words that fans will be writing when their team signs Mark Sanchez next year lol

If we have a chance to bring Kolb in and try him out, we should. The more talent, competition, the better. He's definitely better than Sanchez in movement, touch.

I want Kolb here just so Sanchez can be demoted to third stringer in the ultimate embarrassment. Only concern is wtf do they do if they draft a QB and sign Garrard and Kolb? Do they keep 4 QB's on the roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I want Kolb here just so Sanchez can be demoted to third stringer in the ultimate embarrassment. Only concern is wtf do they do if they draft a QB and sign Garrard and Kolb? Do they keep 4 QB's on the roster?
    What is with the personal vendetta against Sanchez? Your hate and vitriol against him is ridiculous and petty.

All League
    I am for the signing of Kolb to a reasonable contract in year when there are slim pickings at the QB position.

That said, I find it MIND BOGGLING that Manish Menta decides that Kolb would be a good fit for the Jets and claims "sources" say the Jets would be interested, and the media takes off running with this. It is now be reported near and far, high and low, as if it is the truth.

I wonder if it IS true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    I am for the signing of Kolb to a reasonable contract in year when there are slim pickings at the QB position.

That said, I find it MIND BOGGLING that Manish Menta decides that Kolb would be a good fit for the Jets and claims "sources" say the Jets would be interested, and the media takes off running with this. It is now be reported near and far, high and low, as if it is the truth.

I wonder if it IS true.
    Since Marty and him worked together in the past it is logical for them to be linked.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Sanchez has never even had close to this type of competition before.....sorry but I don't see him beating out either garrard or kolb....if he does then it means he made some massive improvements in his game...and I doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    I don't care if we start camp with ten quarterbacks, let the best man win

Hall Of Fame
    a healty garrard would be the best qb on the roster.....plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    But wait, you think he's better than the 2 QBs on the roster but don't know how you feel about it?

He knows the new offense. If nothing else, adds to the competition. Nothing would be handed to him, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Sanchez has never even had close to this type of competition before.....sorry but I don't see him beating out either garrard or kolb....if he does then it means he made some massive improvements in his game...and I doubt that will happen.
    you dont see him beating out either QB? based on what?
    Garrard hasnt played in 2 years. When was in the league, he was very serviceable.
    kolb just plain sucks.

i like the garrard signing. low risk.
    i want nothing to do with kolb

Hall Of Fame
    true but garrard had a FULL training camp in 2012 and won the starting spot before getting injured....this talk of him not playing in 2 years...many make it sound like he has been on the couch for 2 years....far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    you dont see him beating out either QB? based on what?
    Garrard hasnt played in 2 years. When was in the league, he was very serviceable.
    kolb just plain sucks.

i like the garrard signing. low risk.
    i want nothing to do with kolb

Hall Of Fame
    The only way Sanchez is our starting QB Wk 1 is if the competition is rigged. He is going to crumble in a legit competition.

Guys like Garrard will always look good in TC b.c there is no pass rush. But once the real games start I think he will struggle. You can't miss two years and come in and play well. He is going to be very rusty. He could start the first few games but after that they will make a change.

If we don't draft a QB I think there is a good chance we will be watching McElroy hand the ball off and dink and dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post

I wonder if it IS true.
    +1.
    To me it's just speculation by Manish. But I hope it is true. I think Kolb can do some good things if he's healthy and kept upright.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The only way Sanchez is our starting QB Wk 1 is if the competition is rigged. He is going to crumble in a legit competition.

Guys like Garrard will always look good in TC b.c there is no pass rush. But once the real games start I think he will struggle. You can't miss two years and come in and play well. He is going to be very rusty. He could start the first few games but after that they will make a change.

If we don't draft a QB I think there is a good chance we will be watching McElroy hand the ball off and dink and dunk.
    I would put the chances of Mcelroy starting at around 1 percent.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Kolb can play, never had a chance in Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    No, we can always cut during cutdowns, but the more competition in camp, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I'm just sick of all these garbage QB's in our plans or linked to us......

Let Sanchez, Garrard, and possibly a rookie QB battle it out

Kolb is bad, with or without Marty Morningwhig
    So you are sick of garbage QB's and you want guys who are worse than Kolb to just battle it out? Gotcha.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I would put the chances of Mcelroy starting at around 1 percent.
    Week 1? I agree. He doesn't have a chance.

I was talking somewhere around mid-season. Especially if we get off to a slow start and have something like back-to-back home games. They won't let Sanchez get berated and will be trying to sell "hope" to the fans.

All League
    McElroy will not make the roster. The Jets will go into the season with three QB's:

Sanchez
    Garrard/Kolb
    Draft Pick (I like Tyler Bray)

May the best man win.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Since Marty and him worked together in the past it is logical for them to be linked.
    Agreed. But nonetheless, it is pure speculation. Though Manish claims to have "sources", his "sources" are suspect.