Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets expected to purse Kolb after his release

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets will still draft a qb in 2014 but i would not mind seeing kolb...the jets is a no brainer because he should feel that he can win the job here and also the fact that there are so many changes that he can be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    Wiki isn't really reliable or factual because anybody can go to a page there and "edit" it and here is proof right on their own page " work submitted to Wikipedia can be edited, used, and redistributedóby anyone"

I'll believe it when I see it on ProSportsDaily or on the official Jet site.

I do hope they do sign Kolb.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @nfl: Kevin Kolb to the @nyjets? @MoveTheSticks with an update: http://t.co/DacnUJ1Qc6

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the jets were going to start sanchez in 2013 solely on the size of his salary then they would not have brought in garrard...think of bringing in kolb and they would not be making these wholesale changes.....qb job will be up for grabs and I am confident that sanchez will not win.....actually very confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Assuming they beat out Sanchez, can anyone see the Jets paying Sanchez 8.2 million this year to hold a clipboard?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    I like Kolb I think the Jets win 8 games if he can stay on the field. This is the type of QB that if he was starting in those 2 championships the jets would be in the SB. He doesn't turn the ball over make the necessary throws has a cannon for a arm. I watch this guy start on the Eagles and shred New Orleans for 300 + yards. His problem he can't take a hit.

C'mon. To be fair..... Sanchez was NOT the reason they lost those AFCCGs. He was actually the biggest reason they were in them. He played great--- the defense and non-existent running game is what lost those games. Sanchez has definitely regressed, but there's no need to re-write history.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    That's true but Goodson's page had him as a Jet last night, after his brother's tweet announcing he was a Jet was deleted. It didn't have his number, today the only thing that changed was they added his number, 23. I guess anyone could do that, but why would they?

If he is a jet, where does this leave the Cardinals, do they have anything? Not that I care but they do pick before the Jets in the draft.

I'd say in the case of Goodson it was factual but I've found it to be more inaccurate then accurate.

The Cards have Drew Stanton who they just signed and they have Skelton but they cut Kolb for cap reasons and most certainly will be drafting a QB in the draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes you expect a purse, sometimes its unexpected
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 03-15-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Everyone shreads NO for 300 yards.

I've watched a lot of Kolb too. He's not good.

He is about the same caliber as Sanchez... inconsistent and turnover prone. There really is no debating that fact.

And the back of Kolb's jersey should read "FRAGILE"

They are not long-term solutions and there's no reason to have both of them here.

I'll be happy to be wrong on this one.
    When healthy he is good the fact is he played while injured and then you see him make mistakes. The fact is if you watched him here in PA he beat the dog killer out of the starting job only to get of course knock out never to get a chance again. Much like Alex Smith.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    whats funny is no one was saying kolb sucked when he was an eagle....is he the answer...heck no, but I would feel better having both he and garrard on our squad...if kolb comes here..he is the starter with garrard as the backup.

When healthy he is good the fact is he played while injured and then you see him make mistakes. The fact is if you watched him here in PA he beat the dog killer out of the starting job only to get of course knock out never to get a chance again. Much like Alex Smith.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    C'mon. To be fair..... Sanchez was NOT the reason they lost those AFCCGs. He was actually the biggest reason they were in them. He played great--- the defense and non-existent running game is what lost those games. Sanchez has definitely regressed, but there's no need to re-write history.
    THANK YOU!!!!

People act as if we didnt actually see the games played, it is INSANE!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dupe post
    Last edited by TheOne; 03-15-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheOne;4838000]

He is about the same caliber as Sanchez... inconsistent and turnover prone. There really is no debating that fact.

They are not long-term solutions and there's no reason to have both of them here.

+1 couldn't agree more

Here's my insightful analysis:
    Kolb sucks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did watch him in Philly... just about every game. He beat out Vick, before Vick had his sea legs back. I didn't see a good player there. I saw a gunshy player who throws too many INTs and can't avoid the rush if his life depended on it... just like some other schmuck I know of.

Kolb is a limited player IMO and he's just so fragile that it would be foolish to count on him.

I guess it's good that they're trying, bringing in guys to compete and push Sanchez. But I have little to no faith in Kolb as the guy this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree....i'll give sanchez his well deserved props for those 2 seasons...but have you ever seen a qb regress has fast as he has.....last year was surreal watching him under center......i'd like to see what kolb can do here....also see a healthy garrard. I want to beleive it...but I just think sanchez is who he is and will not get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    THANK YOU!!!!

People act as if we didnt actually see the games played, it is INSANE!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I totally agree. I never understood why the NFL never instituted a development league that was based here, in smaller U.S. cities. It would be beneficial to the league in many ways.

NFL Europe lost them money because American football will never be a big time sport there, the same way soccer will never be very big over here. But that league still produced some very good players for the NFL.
    Football leagues are expensive to run say 40 players making $100,000, Workmans comp insurance, 8 coaches at 50,000, film, trainers, stadium rental.
    A team would need to get $10mill in gate receipts to break even. figure no more than 10 games or the players would never be in shape to go to camp.that is 5 home games to raise 10mill. selling 25,000 tickets at $20 bucks is only 1/2mill per game.

The league would just rather have the NCAA do it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    whats funny is no one was saying kolb sucked when he was an eagle....is he the answer...heck no, but I would feel better having both he and garrard on our squad...if kolb comes here..he is the starter with garrard as the backup.
    He will not finish the season he has never play an entire season without getting hurt as a starter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing. It does seem like it's a done deal, yet there is nothing out there on this! Other than that one tweet, yet his wiki page is updated. The Jets seem to be in radio silence lockdown with the media.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    hence garrard as a backup and perhaps also a rookie qb.

He will not finish the season he has never play an entire season without getting hurt as a starter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's like deja vu with goodson which turned out to be accurate...think of it...this is a great opportunity for kolb.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Amazing. It does seem like it's a done deal, yet there is nothing out there on this! Other than that one tweet, yet his wiki page is updated. The Jets seem to be in radio silence lockdown with the media.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh the pain of watching Kolb - basically the same as watching Sanchez. I hope Garrard wins the QB battle. When all 3 are healthy Garrard is the best of this cruddy bunch. Im guessing McElroy aint to happy right about now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I agree....i'll give sanchez his well deserved props for those 2 seasons...but have you ever seen a qb regress has fast as he has.....last year was surreal watching him under center......i'd like to see what kolb can do here....also see a healthy garrard. I want to beleive it...but I just think sanchez is who he is and will not get any better.
    I will pose the question, have you ever seen a team regress as fast as the Jets have. They took away all his weapons and chemistry. The OL fell apart. I think you bring in another vet like Kolb and see if they can beat out Sanchez. If not, we give him one more year and then move on if he sucks again.