Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets expected to purse Kolb after his release

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets expected to purse Kolb after his release

Jets expected to purse Kolb after his release

Mar

3/14/2013 10:58:31 AM

Share on emailShare on printShare on twitterShare on facebookShare on myspaceShare on stumbleuponShare on digg|More Sharing ServicesMore

The Arizona Cardinals are expected to release quarterback Kevin Kolb in the next few days but he may not be out of work too long.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets are expected to pursue and sign Kolb "if the price is right."

Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg was Kolb's offensive coordinator in Philadelphia.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

If we can get him cheap I'm all for it, but I still hope we draft a QB every year until we find a franchise QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't hate it and sadly he'd become the best QB on our roster.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    Don't hate it and sadly he'd become the best QB on our roster.
    I don't understand why we wasted money on Gerard then, unless we plan on cutting Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He will be out by week 3. Like garrard, another guy who cant start more then 1 or 2 games without getting knocked out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think this will happen. Not after signing Garrard. Sanchez is here, and will be. They'll Draft a QB in the 3-5 rounds, and let them battle.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I don't think this will happen. Not after signing Garrard. Sanchez is here, and will be. They'll Draft a QB in the 3-5 rounds, and let them battle.
    Say goodbye to Teblow and McEl**** then.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    idzik just left a team that found a star qb in the third round. he's going to bring in as many guys as he can afford and have them compete. increases the odds of finding a quality starter. it's math, that's all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    idzik just left a team that found a star qb in the third round. he's going to bring in as many guys as he can afford and have them compete. increases the odds of finding a quality starter. it's math, that's all.
    Bingo

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to Manish Mehta. Book it.

Can they even afford him?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love that strategically, but the difference is that we are bringing in players whose ceiling has already been determined.

Kolb may (stress may) have some upside in the WCO, but he struggled mightily in arizona with fitz, albeit behind a suspect line.

Garrard is 35, his upside is capped tremendously.

Now - if we had kolb and nassib, then ok i get the competition and statistical chance situation. Or even flynn and nassib/dysert.

But kolb/sanchez/garrard and mcelroy is only increase the chances of your fan base rioting on opening day.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    I don't understand why we wasted money on Gerard then, unless we plan on cutting Sanchez.
    well, that would be nice, accept we still have to pay him...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe some of you are complaining about the Jets stockpiling QB options after the last few years of Sanchez and a pile of dogshat.. although just 'a pile of dog****' might be more accurate

Bring in Kolb. Draft a QB. Have them compete with Garrard and Sanchez (if he's still on the roster). Let's see a true QB battle in camp.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 I hope he can do the same for us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think we sign another has been, he got lit up in Arizona and is damaged goods anyways... I think we will bring in a rookie, someone with upside and who might really develop into something down the road, something that is highly unlikely with Sanchez, Garrard or Kolb...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

But kolb/sanchez/garrard and mcelroy is only increase the chances of your fan base rioting on opening day.
    Why is that? Hell we have had far worse options the previous 3 or 4 yeasr. Sanchez and Brunell, Sanchez and Tebow. Adding Kolb and Garrard would be infinitely better than our previous situation. (And I'm not a massive fan of either of them.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Why is that? Hell we have had far worse options the previous 3 or 4 yeasr. Sanchez and Brunell, Sanchez and Tebow. Adding Kolb and Garrard would be infinitely better than our previous situation. (And I'm not a massive fan of either of them.)
    Well, a better situation than awful like last year still doesnt make it good... I hope we draft a QB where we can atleast hope that he will turn into something...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I don't think we sign another has been, he got lit up in Arizona and is damaged goods anyways...
    Not really.
    I hate to sound like an optimist but I think Kolb would be a nice addition. In 5 games last year he completed nearly 60% of his passes and threw 8 TD's against only 3 Int's. That's not bad when you consider that Arizona had one of the worst pass protecting O-line's in the league.
    Get him Idzik!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garrard is making $1.1 million this year. And who even knows how much of that is guaranteed.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Well, a better situation than awful like last year still doesnt make it good... I hope we draft a QB where we can atleast hope that he will turn into something...
    Kolb's ceiling with Morninwheg >>>> Kolb's ceiling with Whisenhunt

Kolb was a system QB in Philly, and played well. I'm happy to see him join the competition here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Competition.