Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets expected to purse Kolb after his release

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed..but jeez our QB situation is looking eerily like 93 to 97 when we marched in a dozen throw aways.

Speaks more to mark than anything else.
    Our QB situation is a mess, but if we bring in Kolb it will look alot better than Sanchez/Tebow/Mcelroy. There is a chance one of Sanchez/Kolb/Garrard can step up and be an average QB for us next year.

Rookie
    How can ppl be complaining about bringing in QB's to challenge Sanchez?Isn't this what every body wanted since the start of last season?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Our QB situation is a mess, but if we bring in Kolb it will look alot better than Sanchez/Tebow/Mcelroy. There is a chance one of Sanchez/Kolb/Garrard can step up and be an average QB for us next year.
    Wanna know what my real problem is with all this.

Every single senario presented here involves mark Sanchez as part of the competition. I want this guy off my Jets.

Rookie
    Yes we all want this!But its not happening this year!But i will be satisfied watching him ride the pine and eat hot dogs for 1 season!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1223 View Post
    Yes we all want this!But its not happening this year!But i will be satisfied watching him ride the pine and eat hot dogs for 1 season!
    That should have happened last year.

Still pissed off at Rex for not having the sack to leave Sanchez on the bench once he put him there.

Having Sanchez start the week after he got benched vs the Cardinals was THE WORST Coaching move of Rex's HC'ing tenure.

I can only hope that Rex learned something from that horrendous mistake.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 03-16-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Wanna know what my real problem is with all this.

Every single senario presented here involves mark Sanchez as part of the competition. I want this guy off my Jets.
    I have a hard time hating the guy. Sure he sucked last year and we all want better from our qb but the guy is not a cancer like Holmes. We just need to have real competition for him. Hopefully, someone steps up and personally I don't care which guy it is. Just can't stand having zero options when our starting qb implodes.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

Still pissed off at Rex for not having the sack to leave Sanchez on the bench once he put him there.

Having Sanchez start the week after he got benched vs the Cardinals was THE WORST Coaching move of Rex's HC'ing tenure.

I can only hope that Rex learned something from that mistake.
    I blame whoever approved the decision to bring in Tebow. Rex was left with no real option.

Rookie

I can only hope that Rex learned something from that horrendous mistake.
    Yes i Totally agree that why Rex should not coaching the Jets this year!Talks a good game but has no balls!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I blame whoever approved the decision to bring in Tebow. Rex was left with no real option.
    The season was already tanked at that point.

I would have been just fine with giving McElroy a full 4 game audition instead of 1 & 1/4 games.

At least that would have been a large enough sample to see if he had the ability to improve with a little more experience.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 03-16-2013 at 01:34 PM.

If the Jets sign Kolb, it is only a matter of time before Sanchez is released. Kolb will be the starter, Garrard the #2 and McElroy #3. They will designate a June 1st cut. Still quite a bit of dead money but I think that is the way they go.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    If the Jets sign Kolb, it is only a matter of time before Sanchez is released. Kolb will be the starter, Garrard the #2 and McElroy #3. They will designate a June 1st cut. Still quite a bit of dead money but I think that is the way they go.
    I don't think that is going to happen but we can always hope!

I would have been just fine with giving McElroy a full 4 game audition instead of 1 & 1/4 games.

At least that would have been a large enough sample to see if he had the ability to improve with a little more experience.
    Extra experience would not improve McElroys arm strength.The kid is just not an nfl qb, the same with Tebow.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

honestly if Sanchez is to be let go it would not be until next season imho

his cap number is huge this year and only big next year lol, I think fans should hope he turns it around with the new system, he is still young and not completely hopeless with a history of success just a couple of years ago.

All Pro

(He had a concussion. League rules (not to mention common sense) prohibit playing with a concussion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Please STOP trying to shove Sanchez down our throats! If he gets beaten out by Kolb and Garrard, it would come down to him vs a rookie or McElroy for clipboard holder. Ya really think the Jets would spend 8.2 mil on a third string QB? They'd find a way to trade his sorry butt!

Jets Insider VIP
    Extra experience would not improve McElroys arm strength.The kid is just not an nfl qb, the same with Tebow.
    You obviously did not comprehend that REX said that last season McElroy worked hard to develop strength in his throwing. From what we saw in preseason the kid did improve his arm strength! But as Bill Walsh always said arm strength is overrated! Look at Suckchez. While not possessing a cannon he is a bit stronger then McElroy but woefully inaccurate. Jow Montana did not have a cannon for an arm but he was a smart QB. I would hesitate to call Suchchez a smart QB at this point. We know that McElroy is a near- Rhodes Scholar. We also know he won a Championship in college in the very tough SEC. Has Sucky ever won anything other then a Rose Bowl and impress a few people like you?
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 03-16-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree.

All Pro
    I have a hard time hating the guy. Sure he sucked last year and we all want better from our qb but the guy is not a cancer like Holmes. We just need to have real competition for him. Hopefully, someone steps up and personally I don't care which guy it is. Just can't stand having zero options when our starting qb implodes.
    I don't hate Mark Sanchez. If he was a doctor or a banker he would bother me 1 bit. I feel about Mark Sanchez the way you feel about Greg McElroy. The difference is GMac makes a solid 3rd string QB while Mark Sanchez makes a good actor.

He'd get my vote for worst perforamnce as a leading man with his performance as the Starting QB of my Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    So therefore we should take Sanchez seriously because he did get to the playoffs with the Jets twice. However, after the brutality of the past two seasons, I find I can no longer have faith in Sanchez. I hope he loses out in camp competition but if he wins the job by earning it I will support him to lead us to victory. I just won't bet on him to do it!
    After this past season, I am convinced that Sanchez has regressed and have lost patience with him. It is striking to look at how the Cardinals played at the start of 2012 and how awfully they finished and not conclude that Kolb getting injured had something to do with it. Not saying he's elite and I never took the Cards seriously (and was actually rooting for them to fail before the season started) but with Kolb starting, the Cardinals were capable of playing close (and sometimes beating) good teams and without him, they literally couldn't beat anybody.

All Pro
    This works for me, but i want the QB i drafted this yr to be placed on Injured resere before the season .