Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets expected to purse Kolb after his release

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Week 1? I agree. He doesn't have a chance.

I was talking somewhere around mid-season. Especially if we get off to a slow start and have something like back-to-back home games. They won't let Sanchez get berated and will be trying to sell "hope" to the fans.
    Unless he makes some huge strides in camp, I don't think McElroy makes the final 52 this year.

If Kolb is brought in, we will keep 4 QBs (Kolb, Garrard, Pick 6, Rookie Draft Pick)

If he isn't, we keep 3 (Garrard, Pick 6, Rookie Draft Pick)

Do people seriously think there are franchise QBs out there just waiting to be picked up? I think Kolb would be a solid addition to our QB situation if he can be signed for cheap. He knows Mornhinweg's system and has shown some promise under him. The best approach is to bring in as many guys as possible and see who steps up. Our QB of the future is likely not even in the league yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Unless he makes some huge strides in camp, I don't think McElroy makes the final 52 this year.

If Kolb is brought in, we will keep 4 QBs (Kolb, Garrard, Pick 6, Rookie Draft Pick)

I wouldn't be surprised to see the last-place finisher out of Kolb-Garrard-Sanchez (assuming Kolb is signed) get released. That player will likely have no future on the team, so why keep him around?

3 days in, some observations

Kolb makes a lot of sense, having worked with the OC

What harm does it do for the Jets to sign MANY QB's and let them fight it out in TC? I honestly cannot find anything wrong with that.

We all know none of these they are bringing in are going to save our franchise. None of them are capable of that.

But what we are trying to do is get BETTER QB play than what we've had. Everyone knows 2013 is not going to be a SB year, so why not let a bunch of established veterans fight it out to become depth for 2014 and beyond? The FO will go after another franchise QB in 2014 I suspect

Let the chips fall where they may. That's the best and only way to handle things when you know you do not have a clear cut starter.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the last-place finisher out of Kolb-Garrard-Sanchez (assuming Kolb is signed) get released. That player will likely have no future on the team, so why keep him around?
    Wishful thinking on my part. I don't want Pick 6 to be the #2 QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Let the fun begin:

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    There it is ... RT @CardsMarkD The @AZCardinals have announced the team has released QB Kevin Kolb

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    i see mcelroy being the odd man out in camp

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post

@RavensInsider: Cardinals now announce cut of Kevin Kolb

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RavensInsider: Cardinals now announce cut of Kevin Kolb
    Let the games begin

Hall Of Fame
    He was cut because he didnt want to take a huge pay cut, so I wonder what he thinks he can really get on the open market.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He was cut because he didnt want to take a huge pay cut, so I wonder what he thinks he can really get on the open market.
    He'll take the highest bid, which will be unsubstantially lower than what Arizona was paying him

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If not a nice salary, he probably wants a chance to start someplace. It was clear he was not going to be the man in AZ.

One thing the jets have going for them as far as trying to convince certain players to come here on the cheap and short term is the success of Landry.

They can say, look we gave this guy a chance when no one else would buck up for him. Gave him a reasonable short term deal and with our help he had a great year and got a big pay day. That could be you next year.

Kolb's probably going to have to choose between a 4 person competition in NY and a clear backup role for more money somewhere like SF.

Veteran

Cardinals inform Kevin Kolb of his release

Cardinals inform Kevin Kolb of his release

Mar

3/15/2013 10:49:23 AM

Share on emailShare on printShare on twitterShare on facebookShare on myspaceShare on stumbleuponShare on digg|More Sharing ServicesMore

Quarterback Kevin Kolb rejected the Cardinals contract restructuring and will be released by 4:00 PM ET, a source confirmed to Adam Caplan of Thesidelineview.com.

What type of QB is kolb? Does he have an arm?

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    As long as he can correctly throw a screen pass and not hit a WR in the kneecap when throwing a slant he is an improvement. An added benefit would be the ability to throw to the correct color jersey. Bring him in!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    As long as he can correctly throw a screen pass and not hit a WR in the kneecap when throwing a slant he is an improvement. An added benefit would be the ability to throw to the correct color jersey. Bring him in!!
    That is still a huge question regarding Kolb. He has never played more than 9 games in a season. In 2011 he played 9 games had a 57% completion rate, 9 TDs and 8 INTs. In 2010 with the Eagles played 7 games had a 60% completion rate, 7 TDs and 7 INTs.

He better come cheap if the Jets bring him in.

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    So so arm.