Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 278

Thread: Jets expected to purse Kolb after his release

  1. #241
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,526
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I have to say that Sanchez was on track to be a good gambling type QB, when the league figured out how to bait him into picks. There was no one qualified to help him learn from that, and they didn't know how to design plays to make it easier, or at least get big plays to even out the risk(like they do with Eli). Then they compounded that by trying to make a game manager out of a streaky QB with big play capability, and little touch, or accuracy. It got to the point where he has no confidence left, and cannot make up his mind what to do. I don't think he can get it back, but it's possible. I will not agree if he starts, but if he does there is a chance he could still be something, and I'll root for that if it comes to it.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is the kind of rational post certain someones think other certain someones make, but never do even after 10000s of attempts.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is the kind of rational post certain someones think other certain someones make, but never do even after 10000s of attempts.
    +111111

    And NY Stepchild's post on Sanchez is right on the money.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I have to say that Sanchez was on track to be a good gambling type QB, when the league figured out how to bait him into picks. There was no one qualified to help him learn from that, and they didn't know how to design plays to make it easier, or at least get big plays to even out the risk(like they do with Eli). Then they compounded that by trying to make a game manager out of a streaky QB with big play capability, and little touch, or accuracy. It got to the point where he has no confidence left, and cannot make up his mind what to do. I don't think he can get it back, but it's possible. I will not agree if he starts, but if he does there is a chance he could still be something, and I'll root for that if it comes to it.
    I'd almost agree with this, except there is no such thing as a good gambling qb who doesn't possess an elite Brett Favre (or even Eli Manning) type arm.

    When you have a qb who plays that style of ball without the physical attributes to do it, he's going to lose you more games than he wins you.

    The other thing is that Sanchez IS streaky, however even his best streaks are short lived vs other young promising QBs. By that I mean that you sometimes would Sanchez make 5-8 good throws in a row or throw for over 250-300 yards and a few Tds... What you rarely saw was him playing at consistently high level all game long, and what we never saw was a game where he takes over and imposes his will on the other team. A day where he can not be stopped/carries the team on his back...

    Guys like Ryan, Flacco, Stafford and Luck, RG3, and Wilson can do that and have statistical games to prove it.

    Sanchez has never been that kind of qb...

  4. #244
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,397
    So is there any concrete info on this?

    Or is it just another case of some twitter twats throwing sh*t against the wall?

  5. #245
    Rex Grossman was a gambling QB. He could bomb it and end up with highlight reel TDs. He's had some of the most amazing 400-yd showcase games I've ever seen. Even brought his team to the Super Bowl, so he's got bona fide playoff victories. And yet he rides the pine for the Skins. Did the Bears just not develop him properly?

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Rex Grossman was a gambling QB. He could bomb it and end up with highlight reel TDs. He's had some of the most amazing 400-yd showcase games I've ever seen. Even brought his team to the Super Bowl, so he's got bona fide playoff victories. And yet he rides the pine for the Skins. Did the Bears just not develop him properly?
    People will act like this comparison is crazy... but these guys are nearly identical statistically:

    55 games for Grossman 55.2% - 186 yards/game - 55 Tds - 60 int. - 71.4 QBR
    62 games for Sanchez 55.1% - 195 yards/game - 68 TDs - 69 int. - 71.7 QBR

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    People will act like this comparison is crazy... but these guys are nearly identical statistically:

    55 games for Grossman 55.2% - 186 yards/game - 55 Tds - 60 int. - 71.4 QBR
    62 games for Sanchez 55.1% - 195 yards/game - 68 TDs - 69 int. - 71.7 QBR
    Some people act like Sanchez has such a unique skill set and resume that he must be given every possible chance to dig himself out of his career hole. People quite similar to him playing-wise never got that chance, but they also never had his contract.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I'd almost agree with this, except there is no such thing as a good gambling qb who doesn't possess an elite Brett Favre (or even Eli Manning) type arm.

    When you have a qb who plays that style of ball without the physical attributes to do it, he's going to lose you more games than he wins you.

    The other thing is that Sanchez IS streaky, however even his best streaks are short lived vs other young promising QBs. By that I mean that you sometimes would Sanchez make 5-8 good throws in a row or throw for over 250-300 yards and a few Tds... What you rarely saw was him playing at consistently high level all game long, and what we never saw was a game where he takes over and imposes his will on the other team. A day where he can not be stopped/carries the team on his back...

    Guys like Ryan, Flacco, Stafford and Luck, RG3, and Wilson can do that and have statistical games to prove it.

    Sanchez has never been that kind of qb...
    great post. sanchez may be 'wired' like a farve, but doesn't have the arm, or accuracy, to compensate.

    it's tough to say whether sanchez's career would have unfolded as it has if he had been drafted by another team. but it's fair to say that with this regime, with rex as the hc, schotty as the oc and tanny's churning of offensive skill players, sanchez didn't stand a chance.

    i'd like to think that one reason idzik got the job is him selling woody on how he'll fix the offense, make it more productive and exciting so woody can sell more tickets. to this end, i fully expect the jets to emphasize fixing the offense in this draft, and committing to an offensive system in which the young players can grow and improve each year. for all the talk about drafting guys like mingo and jones, i still think there's as good a shot they take patterson in the first, and use a 2nd rounder on an athletic TE to transform the offensive weapons with the vision that bray will not return and holmes has 1 year left.

  9. #249
    One has to respect the Jets for trying. Stanton, Tebow, Garrard, Kolb.... it's not easy finding a backup that can "push" the starting QB. It takes a lot of time, money and energy to do it right. A lot of organizations wouldn't put in that kind of effort. Who knows how many busts or JAGs could have been saved if other teams followed the Jets model...

    Hopefully it will pay off and Sanchez will get back to his 75.3 QB rating that led the team to the AFC Championship in 2010.

  10. #250
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    Good post but I just don't feel that Sanchez was really pushed going into training camp his first 4 years.....this is the first time I feel like he is actually getting pushed....if he succeeds then its a win for the Jets....after last season I am however not optimistic.....if he proves me wrong then I'll be glad I was wrong.



    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    One has to respect the Jets for trying. Stanton, Tebow, Garrard, Kolb.... it's not easy finding a backup that can "push" the starting QB. It takes a lot of time, money and energy to do it right. A lot of organizations wouldn't put in that kind of effort. Who knows how many busts or JAGs could have been saved if other teams followed the Jets model...

    Hopefully it will pay off and Sanchez will get back to his 75.3 QB rating that led the team to the AFC Championship in 2010.

  11. #251
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cutchogue
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasplayfootball View Post
    this is classic Mehta speculation only based on the connection between Kolb and Mornhenweg, there's no other weight to it
    Bingo! The new front office is leak-free. Mehta is making an (un)educated guess.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Good post but I just don't feel that Sanchez was really pushed going into training camp his first 4 years.....this is the first time I feel like he is actually getting pushed....if he succeeds then its a win for the Jets....after last season I am however not optimistic.....if he proves me wrong then I'll be glad I was wrong.
    I hear what you're saying. I just hate the Jets having a QB that needs that type of motivation. I can't think of another team that has done work in the offseason two years in a row to bring in backups to motivate the starter.

    Just imagine if the organization didn't have the Manning/Stanton/Tebow fiasco last year. Perhaps then they would have had time to notice and fill all the other holes on the team.

    They just keep putting more and more effort into him and I'm convinced it's not worth it. Sliding lessons, color coding plays, receiver shuffling, OC changes, QB coaching changes, a pay raise... how much more motivation does a QB need?

  13. #253
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    exactly....that has always irked me when it came to sanchez..this having to scale down the offense and treat him with kid gloves....this is the frigging nfl...either you can get the job or you can't. I am in full agreement....he is not worth it....it looks like the jets are finally also feeling that way. If garrard is healthy...they get kolb and draft a rookie....I just do not see sanchez being the starter.



    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I hear what you're saying. I just hate the Jets having a QB that needs that type of motivation. I can't think of another team that has done work in the offseason two years in a row to bring in backups to motivate the starter.

    Just imagine if the organization didn't have the Manning/Stanton/Tebow fiasco last year. Perhaps then they would have had time to notice and fill all the other holes on the team.

    They just keep putting more and more effort into him and I'm convinced it's not worth it. Sliding lessons, color coding plays, receiver shuffling, OC changes, QB coaching changes, a pay raise... how much more motivation does a QB need?

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    exactly....that has always irked me when it came to sanchez..this having to scale down the offense and treat him with kid gloves....this is the frigging nfl...either you can get the job or you can't. I am in full agreement....he is not worth it....it looks like the jets are finally also feeling that way. If garrard is healthy...they get kolb and draft a rookie....I just do not see sanchez being the starter.
    I'm counting on a change also. Hopefully a lot of what we are hearing is lip service to preserve his delicate psyche and perceived value.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I'd almost agree with this, except there is no such thing as a good gambling qb who doesn't possess an elite Brett Favre (or even Eli Manning) type arm.

    When you have a qb who plays that style of ball without the physical attributes to do it, he's going to lose you more games than he wins you.

    The other thing is that Sanchez IS streaky, however even his best streaks are short lived vs other young promising QBs. By that I mean that you sometimes would Sanchez make 5-8 good throws in a row or throw for over 250-300 yards and a few Tds... What you rarely saw was him playing at consistently high level all game long, and what we never saw was a game where he takes over and imposes his will on the other team. A day where he can not be stopped/carries the team on his back...

    Guys like Ryan, Flacco, Stafford and Luck, RG3, and Wilson can do that and have statistical games to prove it.

    Sanchez has never been that kind of qb...


    And he never will be.

    Can't wait to see him riding the pine pony this season, but even better seeing him released in January or February of 2014.

  16. #256
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I'd almost agree with this, except there is no such thing as a good gambling qb who doesn't possess an elite Brett Favre (or even Eli Manning) type arm.

    When you have a qb who plays that style of ball without the physical attributes to do it, he's going to lose you more games than he wins you.

    The other thing is that Sanchez IS streaky, however even his best streaks are short lived vs other young promising QBs. By that I mean that you sometimes would Sanchez make 5-8 good throws in a row or throw for over 250-300 yards and a few Tds... What you rarely saw was him playing at consistently high level all game long, and what we never saw was a game where he takes over and imposes his will on the other team. A day where he can not be stopped/carries the team on his back...

    Guys like Ryan, Flacco, Stafford and Luck, RG3, and Wilson can do that and have statistical games to prove it.

    Sanchez has never been that kind of qb...


    Josh Freeman is a bad QB in the NFL, and this so call Ruined QB has never even had 1 season equal to the 2nd season of Freeman's NFL career. I have said this often, but it should be impossible to lose an NFL game by throwing 5 INTs after your RBs have rushed for almost 300yards in that same game.I had never seen it done until Mark Sanchez did it.Worst, it wasn't against a good team, but the Buffalo Bills.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    People will act like this comparison is crazy... but these guys are nearly identical statistically:

    55 games for Grossman 55.2% - 186 yards/game - 55 Tds - 60 int. - 71.4 QBR
    62 games for Sanchez 55.1% - 195 yards/game - 68 TDs - 69 int. - 71.7 QBR
    This proves without a shadow of a doubt what a pathetic loser Sanchez is, that after 4 years in the NFL the closest comparison you can make to his career is Rex Grossman.

  18. #258
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    it's not about bshing Sanchez...its stating the obvious...he is who he is..which is NOT a qb that can take a team to another level...he is below mediocre.





    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post


    And he never will be.

    Can't wait to see him riding the pine pony this season, but even better seeing him released in January or February of 2014.

  19. #259
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    blatant in your face stats do not lie...i'm still scratching my head at those who defend him.


    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    This proves without a shadow of a doubt what a pathetic loser Sanchez is, that after 4 years in the NFL the closest comparison you can make to his career is Rex Grossman.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    it's not about bshing Sanchez...its stating the obvious...he is who he is..which is NOT a qb that can take a team to another level...he is below mediocre.
    But this is wrong. Sanchez may be this player, and he may not, far too many people writing him off, have placed their verdict, have guaranteed that Sanchez will never be.... Too many are trying write history before it happens. And that is wrong. We don't know this yet. Players struggle, they can bounce back. Some QBs take longer to figure it out, history has proven this..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us