Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone think it was going to be this bad ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone think it was going to be this bad ?

It's apparent that with our cap situation and current personnel that the Jets are not going to be competing for anything except more high draft picks next year. I thought they would make some moves but I did not expect a gutting of the team without plans on replacement personnel. How can they expect us to pay for PSL's this year ? Going to be a lot of empty seats but last chance to see Ryan and Sanchez as they will both be gone in 2014

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team was complete trash this year and we got rid of the trash that was here.Wait till we draft and fill out with low key but high upside free agent.This is how you build a team.Mr.Tannunbum made this be awful and thank god that bum is gone.Idzik is gona make you all remember how to build a team mark my words.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    It's apparent that with our cap situation and current personnel that the Jets are not going to be competing for anything except more high draft picks next year. I thought they would make some moves but I did not expect a gutting of the team without plans on replacement personnel. How can they expect us to pay for PSL's this year ? Going to be a lot of empty seats but last chance to see Ryan and Sanchez as they will both be gone in 2014
    You live in California and pay for a PSL??

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next year is going to be rough no doubt, but I prefer it this way as opposed to some half baked rebuild where the team retains some guys and goes 7-9 or 8-8.

If you're going to rebuild, may as well go all the way.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see how you can say this. It's day 3 of FA. They have a plan and this is the first part of it. Cutting the excess weight and rebuilding is the plan. they have to get rid of some players first which is what they are doing.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a total joke that people say Idzik can't pick players.He knows what he's doing and Seattle said they will miss his abilities in all areas when he left,he's a versified gm and will make our team be successful.We will draft good,we will sign good,and we will have a good well thought out money plan/budget.We will be in good cap room.This team is headed up not down.Mike Francesa has brainwashed you guys.He has an agenda vs the Jets and says a boat load of nonsense.
    Last edited by CookieMonsta; 03-14-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I strongly believe we will be better this year than last.We had 0 talent last year and we got rid of 0 talent.We kept our 2 athletes in Cromartie and Holmes.We kept athletes wilkerson,coples.We now will build around them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oy vey.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You live in California and pay for a PSL??
    /thread

Is it me or is every single whiny thread have the exact same message as the previous one? It's one thing to complain, it's another to pollute the board with the exact same complaint as the one 2 threads beneath it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we are very luck that we found a great gm in Idzik who will be a top 5 gm for the next 10 - 15 years here.He will get us better each and every year.It's all called pre-planning..Tannenbum had no plan and gave contracts to bad players and wasted money.He also brought in nobody for depth and qb and brought in almost no athletes.But I believe Idzik reminds me of John Elway in how he operates.He's sneeky but smart.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone think it was going to be this bad ?
    Did anyone think it was going to be this good ?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do I know Idzik is gona be great ? He targetted no big money guys and is going for upside guys in Barnes/Butler/Goodson.He knows you sign smart low salery free agents and only target free agents with big money who have a proven track record.He knows you build via the draft.Look at the stupid KC gm who is attacking free agency left and right.Thank jesus christ we got Idzik.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is just normal for us not having tons of cap space that we wait until the dust settles. There are still tons of solid players out there and we will end up with some of them. It would have been stupid to tie our hands by throwing 6 million a year at Landry or some other free agents who got tons of question marks. We will fill a bunch of holes before the draft and then go on and add more young talent through the draft. Next year we will see more growth from Mo, Coples, Ellis, other young guys and at the end of the day everything is gonna be fine...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think this is a great thing for the future of the team.

anyone expecting to have seen the jets spend money in FA may want to pay attention to the salary cap and overall team scenario to manage those expectations.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Oy vey.
    save and repeat everyday for the next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    save and repeat everyday for the next year.
    Can we also use CB's Good Grief as well??

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    i think this is a great thing for the future of the team.

anyone expecting to have seen the jets spend money in FA may want to pay attention to the salary cap and overall team scenario to manage those expectations.
    Agreed.I think you build this years team buy getting rid of the junk and money players.Sign the roster out with low salery free agents with upside and have a 7 - 10 pick player draft.....assuming we get compensatory picks.We are making the right choices right now guys.We need to believe in Idzik and I believe in him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Believe or not, I think we are actually a better team with these losses then we were before. I think whoever we plug in at these spots will easily outperform the aged, JAGs we had that are now gone with the exception of Landry, but I doubt he stays healthy another season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Believe or not, I think we are actually a better team with these losses then we were before. I think whoever we plug in at these spots will easily outperform the aged, JAGs we had that are now gone with the exception of Landry, but I doubt he stays healthy another season.
    more athleticism, less ego, more to prove.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I absolutely agree...

Coples will take over for DeVito, Ellis takes over for an injured Pouha, Davis takes over for Scott, younger guys take over for Pace and BT who we all agreed were terrible... so what?! Our premium run stuffers Pouha and DeVito helped us to a bottom of the league rush defense and were injured most of the year, the LBs were well past their prime and still played many snaps even though we wanted to get faster on D (remember the talk before last season)...

So on defense I really do not see any losses that we cant survive especially considering we still got cap space AND the entire draft.

On offense, Hill is a year older, Keller was out all year last season, OLine loses two guards but this is certainly one of the easier positions to fill, Greene was a backup anyways...

I certainly can see some improvements throughout the roster even without pricey moves... now if we can really make some noise is gonna be dependant on the QB play but I do not see us being as bad a bottom feeder as many people expect...