Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did anyone think it was going to be this bad ?

Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Next year is going to be rough no doubt, but I prefer it this way as opposed to some half baked rebuild where the team retains some guys and goes 7-9 or 8-8.

If you're going to rebuild, may as well go all the way.
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    We're rebuilding

The only ones that didn't want to acknowledge it are the total homers like Ray Ray and Jet Nut.

I'm personally thrilled. This had to be done.

Blame Tannenbaum for mortgaging our future for a 2 year window.

Idzik has a plan that will hopefully make the jets very good in 2-3 years for a 5 year period hopefully. This guy is smart and i have faith that he knows what he is doing. Sure it seems like this is a lost year but in today's nfl you can't be too sure about that. I mentioned before that if we have good qb play then we can miraculously make a run

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    I think we are very luck that we found a great gm in Idzik who will be a top 5 gm for the next 10 - 15 years here.He will get us better each and every year.It's all called pre-planning..Tannenbum had no plan and gave contracts to bad players and wasted money.He also brought in nobody for depth and qb and brought in almost no athletes.But I believe Idzik reminds me of John Elway in how he operates.He's sneeky but smart.
    2008 the Jets were arguably the best team in the NFL until Favre got hurt. In 2009 the Jets had the single best Jets Defense in the history of the franchise and made it to the AFC finals. In 2010 the team was already starting to decline but still made a run to the AFC finals.

Anybody can tear down a building, it's building it back up that counts. This team was a tear down when Tannenbaum took over and he did a pretty good job of getting us in position to make a serious run for 3 years in a row.

Putting a sledgehamer through a rotted wall is no indication that you have a good finish carpenter.

Idzik will prove himself on the rebuild not the tear down. Right now he is doing the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    I think we are very luck that we found a great gm in Idzik who will be a top 5 gm for the next 10 - 15 years here.He will get us better each and every year.It's all called pre-planning..Tannenbum had no plan and gave contracts to bad players and wasted money.He also brought in nobody for depth and qb and brought in almost no athletes.But I believe Idzik reminds me of John Elway in how he operates.He's sneeky but smart.
    Are you John Idziks son or family member?

Ok, enough already, we are happy he's cutting the dead wood but my god, you've got this guy being the executive of the year already.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We're rebuilding

The only ones that didn't want to acknowledge it are the total homers like Ray Ray and Jet Nut.

I'm personally thrilled. This had to be done.

Was that 2 yr window '11 & '12?

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    2008 the Jets were arguably the best team in the NFL until Favre got hurt. In 2009 the Jets had the single best Jets Defense in the history of the franchise and made it to the AFC finals. In 2010 the team was already starting to decline but still made a run to the AFC finals.

Anybody can tear down a building, it's building it back up that counts. This team was a tear down when Tannenbaum took over and he did a pretty good job of getting us in position to make a serious run for 3 years in a row.

Putting a sledgehamer through a rotted wall is no indication that you have a good finish carpenter.

Idzik will prove himself on the rebuild not the tear down. Right now he is doing the obvious.
    +1
    The beauty of the teardown is that the build up will not be predicated on keeping Rex job.
    Idzik is in charge of the draft.
    Rex at this point is along for the ride & must earn that extension he got during Hard Knocks that he called his wife about.
    He's got a hard job ahead but he's got some pcs. Wilks- Coples- Ellis- Nickerson- Davis- Cro- Wilson- Bush- Harris
    Idzik will find him some mid level 27-30 year old Lbs to replace Pace & Scott
    There are a ton of safeties out there still & Mayock says plenty of good OLBs & Safeties in the draft & he still might have Revis.

The real work will be on the offensive side. If they land Kolb then it will make it that much easier because he knows Martys WCO.
    If Holmes comes back 100%, Hill will be better his 2nd year, Kerley is I think an above average player.
    If the Jets somehow land Eifert @ 2, & get a good fast young RB, they can certainly make things interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You live in California and pay for a PSL??
    yes me and 3 friends and we split the games but man it's hard to justify paying for this year when we know they are going to be bad

Hall Of Fame
    When they take the team picture, Mangold may be the only player in it.

In the roofing business, they call this a complete tear down.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Personally I don't blame him at all.

If we don't have injuries in that Colt game, MAYBE we go the distance.

If we can score from one yard out on four different attempts, MAYBE we go all the way.

Do I wish we were young, hungry and up-and-coming? Of course, and maybe that's what we have to look forward to. But I'll ALWAYS roll the dice for a shot at the trophy. 31 teams go home unhappy, but the Giants are proof that once you're in, anything can happen . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Oy vey.
    No!!!!!

The OP is correct!!!!

Why we should have snagged Jim Brown, Jerry Rice and Johnny U by now!! What we waiting for!!!

All I can say is FF run amuck......

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    It's apparent that with our cap situation and current personnel that the Jets are not going to be competing for anything except more high draft picks next year. I thought they would make some moves but I did not expect a gutting of the team without plans on replacement personnel. How can they expect us to pay for PSL's this year ? Going to be a lot of empty seats but last chance to see Ryan and Sanchez as they will both be gone in 2014
    I knew this was coming once Tanny got fired. I don't even believe that the new GM played with holmes contract. There was no guess work, Everybody knew what players were going to be cut and what players would leave, So far the only surprise to me was Bell, hell I even called for Gerrard to be signed.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Yep, I knew.

Everything that's happened I expected.

- Shonn Greene never proved himself to be a No.1 back for a winning football team and he doesn't fit into the new offensive scheme.

- LaRon Landry remained healthy this year, but he's 28 and has had injury problems in the past. He's a big name because he's a big hitter, but he's a liability in pass coverage. I know everyone here loved him because he knocked out a RB every now and then, but he's piss poor in coverage, a penalty waiting to happen and not a team player. He's also not a FS, where we had him last year. He's a SS. We should have re-signed him, moved him back to SS and draft a FS you say? Then what were the Josh Bush and Antonio Allen selections for

- Mike DeVito is not a starter here anymore, whether is a 34 or 43 front. You drafted Muhammed Wilkerson and Quenton Coples in back to back years for a reason. You want to have a back-up DE $4 million per year when you have little cap room? No. So long, Mike.

- Bell was just simply an aging player who we don't need for a rebuilding unit and preferred to play with his old secondary coach in Arizona (Bowles used to be in Miami).

This is a youth movement and I'm all for it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

- LaRon Landry remained healthy this year, but he's 28 and has had injury problems in the past. He's a big name because he's a big hitter, but he's a liability in pass coverage. I know everyone here loved him because he knocked out a RB every now and then, but he's piss poor in coverage, a penalty waiting to happen and not a team player.
    and a failed steroid test waiting to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Did anyone think it was going to be this good ?
    This. OK so far what part of this season has gone bad? We all expected pretty much every move that has been done so far. Aside for the people that thought we where going FA heavy with 10 mil in pocket change. lol So far it has been all speculation. We signed a Vet BU QB that many of us called. Outside of Landry and maybe Moore exactly what has gotten worse? lol We dumped 3 or the top ten worst LBs in the league and a what 35 year old S. Keller, Devito, Pouha all barely played last year. Come on it is not like a good draft can't change our momentum. What we have lost isn't a lot.