Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Was Mad At Woody For Keeping Rex, I Get It Now

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Why don't people just not respond to this guy's threads? I haven't been here that long but every time Ive opened a thread of his it's just an obvious attention grab.

Let his threads just sink to the bottom of the page, that will hurt him more than you know.
    Yea let's just not respond that's a great idea....oh shlt, too late...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Apparently his absurd post claiming we were having the quietest free agency in history due to the fact that Idzik was afraid to take other GM's calls because he was afraid it might actually be a prank call, didn't garner the desired attention. So he is back for round two with something even more emotional and ridiculous.
    That was before Idzik's ACL injury. Things are different now.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

Im not here to be taken seriously. Im here to talk about grown men running around in green and white clothing while holding a dead cow under their arm.
    ...and this is why you're my second-favorite poster on JI.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    His job was to get seats sold, Rex lived up to his end of the bargain economy wasn't his fault. Woody needed a barker, not Father Dungy.
    Mike spent like a drunken sailor on free agents, Rex acted like a drunken sailor on the sidelines.

Stadium is sold, time to get back to football. I like Ruthless Woody. Torture that gutless pig. Better yet....

....humiliate him into resignation. Think about it. Very nice endgame next week.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Right now it's a modified re-build. We won't know if it's a complete tank job until we know what they do with Revis. If he gets traded for less than a #1 plus, we'll have confirmation.
    ....then Rex resigns, fans are joyous, the ticket invoices go out, and Woody's a genius.

Korn/Ferry rocks.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mike spent like a drunken sailor on free agents, Rex acted like a drunken sailor on the sidelines.

Stadium is sold, time to get back to football. I like Ruthless Woody. Torture that gutless pig. Better yet....

....humiliate him into resignation. Think about it. Very nice endgame next week.

SAR I
    If they don't bring in names etc. and win a lil it would have been difficult to say the least Woody had to give a third of the stadium away for free.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    What happens if they win 10 games this year and get in the playoffs.....play the what if game and don't totally dismiss. How would you feel about rex...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post

Why would Woody want to "punish" Rex rather than fire him? It's nonsensical.
    I'll give you $3 million reasons.

You know that Rex wanted to be fired, right? Wanted to lounge like a beached whale, collect a paycheck, and seek a tattoo-removal joint in the Bahamas for a year. All his bronies are gone, got their severance, got their vacations, but not Rex.

If you take the current situation at face value, Woody is dismembering what Rex built, got him a new boss, put a muzzle on him, and set him up to fail. We go 4-12 either way, but if Rex resigns he gets to start rebuilding his reputation now instead of going down the tubes, we save money, we win. Rex stays, the money doesn't matter (would pay another HC anyway) and we get to choose our guy next year when all the bloodletting is over and we've seen how these young guys and scrubs perform.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody is 0-13 at getting us the Super Bowl and I don't see it happening in the next two years either which will make him 0-15. Basically a useless owner and don't tell me that we have made more playoff appearances. We want a winner not a mediocre team and a buffoon for an owner.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't matter if Rex is still the coach after this year, or we bring in someone new. Someone will find SOMETHING to b*tch and moan about. Do some of us really believe that "the next guy" will be our savior or something?

C'mon guys get a clue, these are the New York Jets we're talking about. Every coach is doomed to fail here. That's just how it is.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This reminds me of some classic human league:

Rex was working as the head coach of the New York Jets
    That much is true
    But his ass is getting canned at the seasons end
    whether he wins 10 games or he wins 2
    The five years hes been coach have been such good times
    I still love you
    But now its time to get a big time offensive coach
    one that actually has a clue
    LOL big time! Nicely done Joe Willie...

And, I might add, there's always more humor in the truth!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt that Izak has taken control of the club. I don't know if I can buy that its Woody's revenge on the Mouth. We are in TOTAL rebuilding mode, and Mouth is powerless to do anything about it. That makes me feel good because he is just as responsible as Tannenbaum for the sorry state of the team. My main worry is that Mouth would talk Izak into tweaking stuff and not letting all the air out of the bubble.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This year is going to painful for everyone. But part of me is looking forward to booing Rex and Sanchez unmercifully. Retribution.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might as well let him ride the plane down, next year the new HC escapes the growing pains and gets a fresh start.

Loving it.

SAR I
    He'll be here next year.

Sorry, Sar. You'll have to cry in your Kenmore. But he'll be here next year. And the next. And the next.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    ...and this is why you're my second-favorite poster on JI.

SAR I
    That is hilarious; keep carrying the flag, Hoss.

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    What happens if they win 10 games this year and get in the playoffs.....play the what if game and don't totally dismiss. How would you feel about rex...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    You're zanier than SAR if you think 10 wins is possible. We've become bereft of talent.

Bereft!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    It doesn't matter if Rex is still the coach after this year, or we bring in someone new. Someone will find SOMETHING to b*tch and moan about. Do some of us really believe that "the next guy" will be our savior or something?

C'mon guys get a clue, these are the New York Jets we're talking about. Every coach is doomed to fail here. That's just how it is.
    Fire Rex, Hire Kotite. I'm telling you that is the play here for the Jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    He'll be here next year.

Sorry, Sar. You'll have to cry in your Kenmore. But he'll be here next year. And the next. And the next.

"Rex Ryan is a terrible head coach. In fact, I'm not even sure he's a decent defensive coordinator anymore."

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 03-14-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    He'll be here next year.

He will without a doubt. Sar knows it too. He just hates it, so this is his protest to it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody is punishing Rex, giving him back the humiliation Ryan gave our franchise.

I used to hate Woody for holding onto Rex during the rebuild. Now I think it's the most cool, badass move he ever pulled. Rex can't win 4 games with this group, he's an outcast in the building, his loyal players and lieutenants are gone, he's been reduced to a silenced loudmouth.

Might as well let him ride the plane down, next year the new HC escapes the growing pains and gets a fresh start.

Loving it.

SAR I

MLS

dump

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    That is hilarious; keep carrying the flag, Hoss.

You're zanier than SAR if you think 10 wins is possible. We've become bereft of talent.

Bereft!
    You sir have been one hellacious layer down of the law in this thread. Modding at its finest