Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I Was Mad At Woody For Keeping Rex, I Get It Now

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Its a joke dude. It would take 4 full seasons for this roster to win 10 games.

Im not here to be taken seriously. Im here to talk about grown men running around in green and white clothing while holding a dead cow under their arm.
    This is funny stuff. scary thing is it's so true.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    He can't be allowed to post this kind of stuff without repercussions, right?

That is out of bounds.
    Your response is oh so subtle but very very FUNNY!!!

Excellent!!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Why don't people just not respond to this guy's threads? I haven't been here that long but every time Ive opened a thread of his it's just an obvious attention grab.

Let his threads just sink to the bottom of the page, that will hurt him more than you know.
    Its all about the revenue generation.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Only thing I miss about LI is the White castle there on Sunrise highway.
    I would give my left nut for a bag of 16 sliders, with cheese, large fries & a huge "black & white" shake - heaven in a white, paper sack!

Quote Originally Posted by Ma Teng Fei View Post
    I would give my left nut for a bag of 16 sliders, with cheese, large fries & a huge "black & white" shake - heaven in a white, paper sack!
    Order them frozen..... Not half bad.

Practice Squad
    That's funny, SPCPA.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Woody is punishing Rex, giving him back the humiliation Ryan gave our franchise.

I used to hate Woody for holding onto Rex during the rebuild. Now I think it's the most cool, badass move he ever pulled. Rex can't win 4 games with this group, he's an outcast in the building, his loyal players and lieutenants are gone, he's been reduced to a silenced loudmouth.

Might as well let him ride the plane down, next year the new HC escapes the growing pains and gets a fresh start.

Loving it.

SAR I

Well Rex Ryan is the hired help, so either you listen to the boss or you get fired. I thought getting a tattoo of his wife in a NYJ jersey was a deal sealer too. Since it's once again a "Never Let The Game Interfere With The Tailgate Party " season, are your seats up on StubHub already? C'mon how about a good road trip game this year SAR, let your hair down buddy, it's OK. (-;

It is convenient that the last two offensive coordinators have had head coaching experience in case they have to take over in an interim role.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Well Rex Ryan is the hired help, so either you listen to the boss or you get fired. I thought getting a tattoo of his wife in a NYJ jersey was a deal sealer too. Since it's once again a "Never Let The Game Interfere With The Tailgate Party " season, are your seats up on StubHub already? C'mon how about a good road trip game this year SAR, let your hair down buddy, it's OK. (-;
    I am going to go StubHub the moment the Jets release my PDFs. This is a season to forget, so if there are fans of the Steelers, Patriots, Saints, Dolphins, or Raiders who want to pay top dollar for a good location it's fine with me.

I will still attend six games this season; it will just be in someone else's seats that I buy at the last minute for dirt cheap prices.

I would love a road trip, it's been a few years since I had a good one (AFCCG Indy). But this is not the season to travel, maybe next year with a new head coach and a feeling of optimism.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I am going to go StubHub the moment the Jets release my PDFs. This is a season to forget, so if there are fans of the Steelers, Patriots, Saints, Dolphins, or Raiders who want to pay top dollar for a good location it's fine with me.

I will still attend six games this season; it will just be in someone else's seats that I buy at the last minute for dirt cheap prices.

I would love a road trip, it's been a few years since I had a good one (AFCCG Indy). But this is not the season to travel, maybe next year with a new head coach and a feeling of optimism.

SAR I
    Lemme guess.....you are traveling this year, are being relocated again, having a kid or some other life changing event that will necessitate missing the games anyway so you're just coming up some ridiculous storyline about selling your tix.

Amirite?

This was the dumbest OP I've read in a long while. And that's saying a lot.

Tom Rock‏@TomRock_Newsday
    Woody Johnson described his reluctance to sign Revis to an extension as exaggerated and "patently untrue."

Bob Glauber‏@BobGlauber
    Revis update ... sorta. "@TomRock_Newsday: Idzik: "I expect Darrelle Revis to be a New York Jet ... and we operate off of that assumption."
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 03-17-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Lemme guess.....you are traveling this year, are being relocated again, having a kid or some other life changing event that will necessitate missing the games anyway so you're just coming up some ridiculous storyline about selling your tix.

Amirite?

This was the dumbest OP I've read in a long while. And that's saying a lot.
    Why is it that you can't take my posts at face-value? Why must there be some backwards-spinning-Paul-Is-Dead hidden meaning behind what I'm typing?

The Original Post: I believe that Woody Johnson wanted Rex Ryan out but didn't want to fire him and pay him. Best of a bad situation: Hire a new GM, keep the HC for what's going to be an ugly season anyway, let Rex ride out the mess he made, get his $3M, leave in disgrace, the new GM with a year under his belt feels good about getting one of the best candidates in 2014 instead of one of the worst. As a 'bonus', Rex Ryan gets 8 press conference roastings. The future HC is spared the burnout.

Selling My Seats: There is nothing happening this year in my life that would force me to miss my usual quotient of 6-7 games. I am opting-out because I bought very good PSL's for a season just like this: Bail out on all games, pray to make enough on the regular season to offset the preseason, break-even or make a few bucks. Then, wait until 10AM on gameday, hit StubHub for bargain-basement LL seats, sell 4 seats for $500, buy 2 seats for $100. That's the Bomb Shelter Strategy for those of us who bought smart PSL's in good locations.

No agenda. Nothing nonsensical. Just my personal opinion on the Jets FO and my personal strategy on ticket $.

SAR I

This pic sums up this thread

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    narly

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    This pic sums up this thread

Undrafted Free Agent
    Just for sh*ts & giggles, I just might check it out...The air shipment cost, to China, is probably a "deal breaker"

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    narly
    Very narly....!

All Pro
    Can we please send this thread to the garbage dump where it belongs, with the rest of Sarry's threads with the same ignorant topic? I mean is this really what you want people visiting the site to see everyday. Actually may as well keep him there, because he only has the one Sarry thought, and he thinks if he says it enough it will start to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Can we please send this thread to the garbage dump where it belongs, with the rest of Sarry's threads with the same ignorant topic? I mean is this really what you want people visiting the site to see everyday. Actually may as well keep him there, because he only has the one Sarry thought, and he thinks if he says it enough it will start to make sense.
    +1

The dump pic did it for me, a token of irony, send it to the dump!