Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Curtis: Belichick’s Arrogance Once Again Leaves Brady Short-Hande

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    This is pretty funny coming from a fan of a team who have completely whiffed on every top 10 draft pick over the last decade, including trading up for the worst starting QB in the NFL.

I wish the Pats were as successful at the draft as the Jets are.
    Here are your Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzs, old man.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post

did you see welker play in 2012.....
    Yep, I watched him lead the league in dropped passes.

All Pro
    I don't understand all the criticism of BB for this. The two of them did not get along.

Welker is a great WR that has shown signs that he is not the guy he was 2 years ago. By no stretch a precipitous drop but it is trending down. The guy is 32 next month and this guy has taken more hit playing the slot than most WRs have over the last 6 years.

The pats offered him 2 and 16 during the season as an extension, he declined.
    - maybe he thought they would tag him again for big bucks. The season ended and the pats sat down (figuratively) with his agent for two days this last weekend. the 2 and 16 was taken off the table and a 2 for 10 with incentives up to 16 was offered. Welker wanted the 2 and 16 that was offered during the season. He said that was unacceptable and would seek offers elsewhere, The pats then signed a FA who agent they were also speaking to during the weekend. If Amodela re-signed with the Rams the pats would have been screwed if Welker found a 2 and 16 elsewhere

I wish Welker was still on the team but there is a number for everyone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Did you ever actually watch Seymour with Oakland? I'd agree on the other players but Seymour had PLENTY of gas left in the tank when he was traded
    Absolutely true. Sey was still an elite player on a crummy team in Oakland. BUT, there was no was to pay to keep him AND Wilfork at the same time, so they kept the younger Wilfork. Good decision in hindsight as Wilfork's still a beast, and Sey hasn't got much left in the tank.

You actually feel that losign welker was no big deal...lol and replacing him with an injury prone player....did you see welker play in 2012.....to say he will not be missed is absurd....you truly are trying to make yourself beleive that.
    Losing Welker over egos sucks (let's face it, that's what it is. Not about the $$$) I'm not sure you can call Amendola "injury prone". More like unlucky maybe. They've all been impact injuries, not non-contact hammy pulls or ACLs. Word is, he's tough as nails, and one injury was purely a result of him trying to return too soon. I'm hoping that he surprises people plus it's the right time to refocus TB on targets other than Welker. But I still hate it TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    In my mind? You denying the facts?

So now your OPINIONS are considered FACTS? Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Juliam Edelman SUCKS. The only thing he's ever been good at is finger f&*(ing strange women at a bar. Oh wait, I forgot. He got in trouble for that.
    Edelman doesn't suck, but he's no Welker either. And he hasn't exactly been durable either. But that bar thing was proven a lie by a money grubbing woman. The entire incident was captured on camera and he was 100% exonerated.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 03-15-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    oh ok my bad.......I understand now....welker will not be missed by the patriots.....sorry if i was talking as if welker was actually an importance piece in the patriots offense....after reading your post i now realize that he meant little to nothing to them and amendola will tear it up like welker could not....again...my bad.

Yep, I watched him lead the league in dropped passes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    So if the Pats don't win the Super Bowl every single year, BB is not a smart HC?

No team in the history of the NFL has won more regular season and playoff games than the Pats have over the last 12 year period.

Not to mention 3 Super Bowl titles as well.
    No but the problem is they haven't won one since they got cought cheating

JetsInsider.com Legend
    oh ok my bad.......I understand now....welker will not be missed by the patriots.....sorry if i was talking as if welker was actually an importance piece in the patriots offense....after reading your post i now realize that he meant little to nothing to them and amendola will tear it up like welker could not....again...my bad.
    Last year the Pats offense led the league in scoring with 35.8 per game average.

Even with the loss of Welker, the Pats will still average 30+ points per game.

All Pro
    You won't ever hear this from the lazy sports media who are more worried about making friends with sports figures then honest thoughts but....

Bill Belichick is a great coach and a very mediocre general manager. And make no mistake, he IS the general manager.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Bill Belichick is a great coach and a very mediocre general manager. And make no mistake, he IS the general manager.
    Was BB a mediocre GM when he got Welker for a 2nd and 7th, Moss for a 4th, drafted Gronk and Hernandez and pulled Woodhead off the Jets scrap heap and turned him into a productive player?

Exactly.

BB has done the same thing with Lawyer Malloy, Ty Law, Willie McGinst, Richard Seymour, Adam Vinetieri and the list goes on and on.

It's no big deal at all with Welker.
    I agree with one reservation. It is a given that Brady is the central piece to the Pats current run. However, I am pretty damn sure the Pats would have won more SB's if the Pats had one of two things: Either a physically gifted WR -- you know a guy that would be really good even without an all-pro QB throwing to him; or a pro bowl caliber RB who is a two way (run/catch) threat -- think LT/RayRice/Frank Gore/etc).

I am convinced BB can coax low draft picks and guys off the street to perform well enough to win with Brady at QB. IMO BB has made a grievous error in not making every effort possible to pair Brady with a franchise type WR or RB. And don't point to anything BB is doing now because Brady's window is closing and BB has wasted a golden opportunity to give rise to the question of whether the SB winner should be awarded the Bill Bellichik Trophy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I agree with one reservation. It is a given that Brady is the central piece to the Pats current run. However, I am pretty damn sure the Pats would have won more SB's if the Pats had one of two things: Either a physically gifted WR -- you know a guy that would be really good even without an all-pro QB throwing to him; or a pro bowl caliber RB who is a two way (run/catch) threat -- think LT/RayRice/Frank Gore/etc).
    Bingo, you nailed it Sonny.

Welker has had 5 straight years with 100+ receptions and the Pats have zero Lombardi's to show for it.

A physically gifted WR would open up the entire offense and the Pats could then put anybody in the slot.

Welker has had 5 straight years with 100+ receptions and the Pats have zero Lombardi's to show for it.

A physically gifted WR would open up the entire offense and the Pats could then put anybody in the slot.
    I really don't know how BB avoids a ton of criticism for this. It's football 101. Pair your great QB with a great WR. I'm hard pressed to think of any great QB (other than Brady) who didn't enjoy the services of either a HOF or HOF caliber WR. Can you?

Banned
    Was BB a mediocre GM when he got Welker for a 2nd and 7th, Moss for a 4th, drafted Gronk and Hernandez and pulled Woodhead off the Jets scrap heap and turned him into a productive player?
    C'Mon. There's no denying BB has made some questionable calls as GM, both in the draft and in FA. But he's had his share of hits as well, like those you mention. As much as everyone wants to focus on his whiffs on Ocho and Haynesworth, they ignore his hits with Waters, Carter, and Anderson. Folks here ridiculed him when he took Vareen and Ridley, but now speak of how the Pats finally have a decent running game. So sure, he's had misses. What GM hasn't? Look at the last 5 drafts for the Jets, almost a complete whiff with only one elite player in Wilkerson, a couple of promising guys in Coples and Hill, and a bunch of role players and jags.

And this is the board who for years said what a great expert on the cap that Tanny was. Do you believe they think the same today? Sure BB is FAR from perfect, but who is? The "Pats suck at drafting" is entirely overblown here.

All League

This Amendola looks like a younger, faster Welker...I don't see why all these guys are criticizing BB...I think he did a great job of replacing him, looks like a win-win for NE

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I really don't know how BB avoids a ton of criticism for this. It's football 101. Pair your great QB with a great WR. I'm hard pressed to think of any great QB (other than Brady) who didn't enjoy the services of either a HOF or HOF caliber WR. Can you?
    Only one I can think of is Elway:

Steve Watson
    Vance Johnson
    Anthony Miller
    Rod Smith
    Mark Jackson

Solid group, but hardly HOF material.

All Pro
    Should I post a list of all the draft busts and free agent whiffs during that time? Or perhaps we should mention the fact that your secondary continues to mirror a gushing nose bleed despite years of attempting to repair?

I said he was a mediocre GM, no less but certainly no more.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    C'Mon. There's no denying BB has made some questionable calls as GM, both in the draft and in FA. But he's had his share of hits as well, like those you mention. As much as everyone wants to focus on his whiffs on Ocho and Haynesworth, they ignore his hits with Waters, Carter, and Anderson. Folks here ridiculed him when he took Vareen and Ridley, but now speak of how the Pats finally have a decent running game. So sure, he's had misses. What GM hasn't? Look at the last 5 drafts for the Jets, almost a complete whiff with only one elite player in Wilkerson, a couple of promising guys in Coples and Hill, and a bunch of role players and jags.

And this is the board who for years said what a great expert on the cap that Tanny was. Do you believe they think the same today? Sure BB is FAR from perfect, but who is? The "Pats suck at drafting" is entirely overblown here.
    I agree as to BB's ability to find productive players with low profile FA and even his coming out on top in many trades. My criticism is that he needed to move heaven and earth to give Brady a great WR. And he could afford to do this because he knows how to fill out his roster with productive players on the cheap. Brady is the only HOF caliber QB I can think of that did not have a HOF caliber WR. Do you think perhaps the Pats would have won more SB's with a physically gifted WR for Brady to lean on?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    This Amendola looks like a younger, faster Welker...I don't see why all these guys are criticizing BB...I think he did a great job of replacing him, looks like a win-win for NE
    Will he make it through a full season? He has not participated in a full season in three years. In 2011, he treated the Rams to one full game. He ONLY missed 5 games last year.

Only one I can think of is Elway:

Steve Watson
    Vance Johnson
    Anthony Miller
    Rod Smith
    Mark Jackson

Solid group, but hardly HOF material.
    And Elway did not win a SB until he had a pro bowl RB (which was my alternate option to a great WR).

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Will he make it through a full season? He has not participated in a full season in three years.
    Good question, I would assume he was taking alot of hits on that shltty St Louis offense that he won't have to with Brady but who knows?