Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Curtis: Belichick’s Arrogance Once Again Leaves Brady Short-Hande

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Should I post a list of all the draft busts and free agent whiffs during that time? Or perhaps we should mention the fact that your secondary continues to mirror a gushing nose bleed despite years of attempting to repair?

I said he was a mediocre GM, no less but certainly no more.
    Like Guido said in his post above, there is not one NFL GM who hits 100% on draft picks and Free Agents. It's too much of a crap shoot.

The good GM's in the league have more hits than misses.

That's what BB has done.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yep, I watched him lead the league in dropped passes.
    If Bellichick had the runs, you'd lap that sh1t up like it was your Mom's chicken soup.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    And Elway did not win a SB until he had a pro bowl RB (which was my alternate option to a great WR).
    Yep, and he also had Shannon Sharpe.

Hall Of Fame
    Like Guido said in his post above, there is not one NFL GM who hits 100% on draft picks and Free Agents. It's too much of a crap shoot.

That's what BB has done.
    No, BB is a highly suspect GM as far as the draft goes. His philosophy, the polar opposite if Tannys is just as flawed when you always do the same thing year after year. The good news for you guys is it seems he may have finally learned his lesson that last year or so and is changing things up.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Bingo, you nailed it Sonny.

Welker has had 5 straight years with 100+ receptions and the Pats have zero Lombardi's to show for it.

A physically gifted WR would open up the entire offense and the Pats could then put anybody in the slot.
    It's Welkers fault the Pats have come up short in every playoff year since they were caught cheating.....Bwa-hahahahahahahahahaa

Blame it on Welker.....sounds like a sitcom Hahahahahahaaa

You're funny

Yep, and he also had Shannon Sharpe.
    Weapons are nice..... Brady has been on his own most of his career.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    If Bellichick had the runs, you'd lap that sh1t up like it was your Mom's chicken soup.
    😜👍

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Look at the last 5 drafts for the Jets, almost a complete whiff with only one elite player in Wilkerson, a couple of promising guys in Coples and Hill, and a bunch of role players and jags.
    Past 5 drafts, the Jets have made 26 draft chouces

In the same time, the Pats have made 46 picks

Not really apples to apples now is it...lol

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    This Amendola looks like a younger, faster Welker...I don't see why all these guys are criticizing BB...I think he did a great job of replacing him, looks like a win-win for NE
    Amendola is an injury waiting to happen.

Welker is known to be one of the toughest, least injured, durable WR's in the game.

No one will have to game plan around Amendola, because he'll be in IR along with the two brittle TE's the PAts overpayed for

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I agree as to BB's ability to find productive players with low profile FA and even his coming out on top in many trades. My criticism is that he needed to move heaven and earth to give Brady a great WR. And he could afford to do this because he knows how to fill out his roster with productive players on the cheap. Brady is the only HOF caliber QB I can think of that did not have a HOF caliber WR. Do you think perhaps the Pats would have won more SB's with a physically gifted WR for Brady to lean on?
    Isn't that exactly what he did when he got Moss, and Welker to a lesser extent, in 2007? (All for low draft picks btw. Not bad for a sh!tty GM)

Look how that worked out.

JetsInsider.com Legend

No, that's a perfect example of why the Pats are successful and the Jets are not.

Consistently trading away draft picks for over-paid, underproducing FA's is a recipe for failure.

Why do you think the Jets are in the position they are in today?

All Pro

That's what BB has done.
    I don't think anyone is expecting 100% hits but the issue for me, and this is where I have a problem with our lazy media, is that Belichick the GM gets grouped in with Belichick the coach.

When the media is more interested in being 'cool' with major sports figures as opposed to making hard evaluations that may offend (like what Tom Jackson said years ago) you get lazy analysis.

Bill Belichick the coach is a hall of fame coach. Bill Belichick the GM is not. That distinction is not semantics; when you are looking for an evaluation of the Welker move and all you get "well Bill is Bill so he must know something about Welker" that is lazy analysis.

Practice Squad
    Should the Pats alter their team building philosophy and engage in the Jets strategy of caving to agent demands?

Revis negotiations via Hard Knocks.
    Sanchez extension to boost confidence
    Holmes over sized contract because of team desperation

Its laughable that this fandom criticizes the strategy of the most consistent team in the last dozen years.

Few teams can implement long term strategies, yet the Patriots have locked up 3/4s of the pass catchers and their QB for the next half decade if they desire. Their defense is young and should mature about the time Brady starts handing it off more than he passes. NE is proactive, teams like the Jets are reactive and unfortunately, that philosophy rarely leads to sustained winning.
    So go ahead and criticize NE all you want if it is your desire to out your ignorance.

What if.....What if Welker was a Jet about to enter FA? What kind of contract would Tranny have offered? Santonio was an $11 mill/year guy in Tranny's eyes. So I'm betting Welker would have been offered a contract similar to the $9.5 salary WW earned as a tagged player. And Woody would be thrilled to have a PSL draw. Belichick waited and could have had for $6 mill. I applaud Icky for not biting on WW....but considering the cap issues, what choice did he have. But you know Tranny and Woody would have moved heaven and earth to keep keep him
    Last edited by Redrew; 03-15-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

No, that's a perfect example of why the Pats are successful and the Jets are not.

Consistently trading away draft picks for over-paid, underproducing FA's is a recipe for failure.

Why do you think the Jets are in the position they are in today?
    Jets made their run with no QB

The Pats can continually fail at the drafting game, but they always have Brady to fall back on

Your game is way off Mike. Must be still seeing stars since Bellichick punched all of Pats nation in the gullett by letting Welker walk....lol
    Last edited by JonEJet; 03-15-2013 at 12:16 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I don't think anyone is expecting 100% hits but the issue for me, and this is where I have a problem with our lazy media, is that Belichick the GM gets grouped in with Belichick the coach.

When the media is more interested in being 'cool' with major sports figures as opposed to making hard evaluations that may offend (like what Tom Jackson said years ago) you get lazy analysis.

Bill Belichick the coach is a hall of fame coach. Bill Belichick the GM is not. That distinction is not semantics; when you are looking for an evaluation of the Welker move and all you get "well Bill is Bill so he must know something about Welker" that is lazy analysis.
    That's because there is no other HC in the NFL that has the say that BB does with player personnel decisions, both drafting and free agency.

All Pro

In the past 5 drafts the nfl allocated the jets 35 picks and the patriots 35 picks

How the pats parleyed their 35 picks to 46 and the jets from 35 to 26 is irrelevant. How much talent did those 35 picks bring?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    Should the Pats alter their team building philosophy and engage in the Jets strategy of caving to agent demands?

Revis negotiations via Hard Knocks.
    Sanchez extension to boost confidence
    Holmes over sized contract because of team desperation

Its laughable that this fandom criticizes the strategy of the most consistent team in the last dozen years.

Few teams can implement long term strategies, yet the Patriots have locked up 3/4s of the pass catchers and their QB for the next half decade if they desire. Their defense is young and should mature about the time Brady starts handing it off more than he passes. NE is proactive, teams like the Jets are reactive and unfortunately, that philosophy rarely leads to sustained winning.
    So go ahead and criticize NE all you want if it is your desire to out your ignorance.
    So now the Patriots are beyond criticism? You sound like one of their groupies in the media like Jon Gruden who refused to criticize one of their obvious reach pick last season by stating "who am I to criticize Bill Belichick". Who is he? He is the guy that is getting paid very well to give expert analysis. Then again, we would not want to ruin a friendship or a potential job down the road.

Just because the Jets have not been very successful does not mean that we are not allowed to question the approach of another team.

Finally, if you are going to tout the youth and potential of the defense is it fair then to question the secondary and the fact that he has not been able to field a competitive unit in a decade?
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-15-2013 at 11:30 AM.

All League
    Amendola is an injury waiting to happen.

Welker is known to be one of the toughest, least injured, durable WR's in the game.

No one will have to game plan around Amendola, because he'll be in IR along with the two brittle TE's the PAts overpayed for
    I hope you're right...😎

All Pro
    That's because there is no other HC in the NFL that has the say that BB does with player personnel decisions, both drafting and free agency.
    1. that is not true; do you believe Mike Shanahan does not get whatever he wants? Or Reid in Kansas City? Peyton in New Orleans? If not equal then its pretty close.

2. And even if it were true, it does not mean that he should be above criticism as a GM.

Rookie
    Bill Billicheat you sucks but can please come and be the Jets GM?