Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Curtis: Belichick’s Arrogance Once Again Leaves Brady Short-Hande

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    If Bellichick had the runs, you'd lap that sh1t up like it was your Mom's chicken soup.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    It's Welkers fault the Pats have come up short in every playoff year since they were caught cheating.....Bwa-hahahahahahahahahaa
    +1

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's because there is no other HC in the NFL that has the say that BB does with player personnel decisions, both drafting and free agency.
    Wrong. Since the Pats last Super Bowl, when all of the original talented core players (most of whom where there when BB arrived) all retired on defense, and Spygate (which revealed some of the reasons why BB's D always somehow saw what was coming), the Patriots have won many regular season games (especially at home) without any truly exceptional players mainly via Brady getting time to throw and putting up lots of points, but failed in the playoffs when the rest of the team gets exposed as average. The below-average defenses needed to do was slow the opposing team down just enough for Brady to put up more scores. Until the playoffs and either a bad day by Brady, a pass rush, and/or another team that could score more than Brady beat them.

When Brady retires, back to the AFC East cellar with you and your team.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 03-15-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Isn't that exactly what he did when he got Moss, and Welker to a lesser extent, in 2007? (All for low draft picks btw. Not bad for a sh!tty GM)

Look how that worked out.
    I believe with Moss the Pats were undefeated (unchallenged in most games) and lost the SB on a miracle escape from a sack helmet catch. Why wouldn't BB want to replicate that.

As to Welker, sorry I'm not on board for Welker being a field tilting WR. When was the last time, if ever, he caught a ball with 2 guys hanging on him? He's more apt to let a catchable ball bounce off his tiny hands than he is to make a great catch.

PS... let's make sure you get me. BB is a great coach and a really, really good GM. He could've traded he entire draft for the rights to Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, or some other physical specimen and still managed to find very good players to fill out his roster. That's the point. IMO, he blew his chance to pair Brady with a great WR and make his team virtually unstoppable.
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 03-15-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I believe with Moss the Pats were undefeated (unchallenged in most games) and lost the SB on a miracle escape from a sack helmet catch. Why wouldn't BB want to replicate that.

As to Welker, sorry I'm not on board for Welker being a field tilting WR. When was the last time, if ever, he caught a ball with 2 guys hanging on him? He's more apt to let a catchable ball bounce off his tiny hands than he is to make a great catch.

PS... let's make sure you get me. BB is a great coach and a really, really good GM. He could've traded he entire draft for the rights to Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, or some other physical specimen and still managed to find very good players to fill out his roster. That's the point. IMO, he blew his chance to pair Brady with a great WR and make his team virtually unstoppable.
    Going all-in on one player is so anti-Belichikian, but it would have been fun as a fan to see the result. I'm not as big a believer that it's ALL BRADY that has made the Pats as dominant as they have been the past 12 years. Sure, having an elite QB helps a ton, but the strategy of "our 53 is going to better as a whole than your 53" has a lot of merit in my eyes. Seeing they avg. 35 points per game, how much better could the offense reasonably be? But I do understand your point and agree for the most part. Brady and CJ would have been awesome. But Brady and say, Revis, would have been a better combo.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Going all-in on one player is so anti-Belichikian, but it would have been fun as a fan to see the result. I'm not as big a believer that it's ALL BRADY that has made the Pats as dominant as they have been the past 12 years. Sure, having an elite QB helps a ton, but the strategy of "our 53 is going to better as a whole than your 53" has a lot of merit in my eyes. Seeing they avg. 35 points per game, how much better could the offense reasonably be? But I do understand your point and agree for the most part. Brady and CJ would have been awesome. But Brady and say, Revis, would have been a better combo.
    Giving Welker a 3rd year on a contract, a 3rd year he probably gives you 100+ catches and 1,000+ yards, is hardly "going all-in on one player." The Pats will still have a great offense thanks to Brady being Brady and who knows maybe Belichick signs John Abraham and a couple other FA's and actually has a respectable defense next year but kicking Welker out the door was not a good move.