Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass Exodus happening

Mass Exodus happening

on the Jets roster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    on the Jets roster.
    And much needed. Get out the trash.

If the Jets can replace some of these guys with younger, cheaper alternatives things will be fine. It will be interesting to see who they get to fill some of the holes. Too bad about losing both safeties, that is the biggest blow if you ask me. We have to sign some vet that can play in that regard.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Long needed enema.

All Pro
    No, an exodus is when people leave voluntarily. Not, when they're not asked to return.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

First post by The Band that makes any sense.

Well done.

SAR I

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    No, an exodus is when people leave voluntarily. Not when they're not asked to return.
    Perfect. Couldn't agree more. Exodus has the connotation that the layers leaving were wanted. We haven't lost a player yet that I'm upset about losing. Keep taking out the trash, Idzik.

I`m pretty sure all the players that left are just as happy as the fans who wanted them out. Now we all know these players were offered more to play somewhere else, otherwise they wouldn`t have jumped ship. It`s not about winning. It`s about money and Woody ain`t spending anymore. The Jets are gonna suck. Unlikely to see kids jump into these positions and play like those who left. Imo, Devito was a big loss.

Yeah, give The Band a dictionary

Now that Izak has freed the Jets, lets home that we don't end up wandering in the desert for more then 2 years---Two years max! Go Izak, the Moses of the NYJ's!

Jets Insider VIP
    on the Jets roster.

on the Jets roster.
    Yup, not sure how we will recover from the loss of Bart Scott, Pace, Thomas, Greene, Bell and other below average players.

I`m pretty sure all the players that left are just as happy as the fans who wanted them out. Now we all know these players were offered more to play somewhere else, otherwise they wouldn`t have jumped ship. It`s not about winning. It`s about money and Woody ain`t spending anymore. The Jets are gonna suck. Unlikely to see kids jump into these positions and play like those who left. Imo, Devito was a big loss.
    I assume this is your first year following the NFL so I won't give you a hard time for not understanding how the salary caps.

"I don't get it, why doesn't Woody just give Landry/Keller/Greene/Pouha all the money they want!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Yup, not sure how we will recover from the loss of Bart Scott, Pace, Thomas, Greene, Bell and other below average players.
    easily. By bringing in players who haven`t played in 3 years or who have played here once before but were let go. Braylon Edwards was a great pick up after the Browns, Jets, 49`ers and Seahawks said screw him. LOL I heard Woody is gonna check on Chrebet to see if he got all his marbles gathered up.

Practice Squad
    The most talented team Rex ever coached is being decimated. We could lose 12 or 13 of the starters from last season. 8 on Defense (DeVito, Pouha, Pace, Scott Thomas, Bell, Landry and maybe Revis) if Revis gets traded. On offense (Moore, Keller, Greene, Slauson, and maybe Sanchez)

WAH!!!!!!! WE'RE NOT GIVING INSANELY BLOATED CONTRACTS OUT TO RESIGN OUR MEDIOCRE PLAYERS WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, who gives Mike Devito $12 million? He is a decent two down defensive lineman and a nice lockerroom guy at best. But hey Brad Smith got $15 mil once upon a time to do absolutely nothing so I guess these horrible franchises are starting to learn a little.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I assume this is your first year following the NFL so I won't give you a hard time for not understanding how the salary caps.

"I don't get it, why doesn't Woody just give Landry/Keller/Greene/Pouha all the money they want!!!!"
    you`re misunderstanding. Woody already did that, thats why he ain`t spending anymore. He can`t. Blew his load for nothing but a few back page adverts and now is gonna lose most of his best players(and yes, we all know they weren`t great). So the Jets are gonna have to find some young kids cheap and hope one or two turn out to be something NFL worthy. And I think we all know that crap shoot already.

Jets Insider VIP
    So the Jets are gonna have to find some young kids cheap and hope one or two turn out to be something NFL worthy.
    So....do what pretty many successful teams in the NFL have done and what the NY Jets have done the EXACT OPPOSITE of for the past 3+ years?