Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idiot-zik

Idiot-zik

Is it just me or is it blatantly obvious to everybody with half a brain that Idzik needs to take the 2014 first rounder and then push for a 2nd and 3rd this year from Tampa for Revis..............

The guy's coming off an ACL and first rounder in 2014 is worth way more than a first rounder this year since there's actual QB prospects coming out next year......

It's quite incredible how good GMs let teams tank to get their guy even if they don't say they and how the perpetually mediocre to bad teams push for square band-aids to cover round wounds.......

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Is it just me or is it blatantly obvious to everybody with half a brain that Idzik needs to take the 2014 first rounder and then push for a 2nd and 3rd this year from Tampa for Revis..............

The guy's coming off an ACL and first rounder in 2014 is worth way more than a first rounder this year since there's actual QB prospects coming out next year......

It's quite incredible how good GMs let teams tank to get their guy even if they don't say they and how the perpetually mediocre to bad teams push for square band-aids to cover round wounds.......
    Not if Tampa Bay gets into the playoffs and has a good record. Then the first round pick would be in the 20s.

No, like Choon said yesterday we should take a 2nd and 4th and be happy we get that much. Idzik is playing this just fine so far.

I agree a 2+3 this year plus a 1st next year would be good. (I don't agree that a 1 next year is better than a 1 this year though.)

We need bodies!

I'd even do a 2 + 3 this year, with some kind of conditional pick next year, which is at least a 3 or a 2....

Banned

Maybe you haven't been paying attention lately so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. That being said the current offer is a 2nd this year OR a 1st next year. And apparently the Bucs won't budge from that offer so what the f*ck would you like Idzik to do about that? Should he use some Jedi mind trick on them in order for them to surrender the extra 2nd or 3rd round pick that you think he's turning down? Some people need to quickly get a clue on this board.

All Pro

Are your there in the room? What are they saying? What did the Bucs offer? What did Idzik say in response?

Oy vey!

Are we going to have an "Idzik is an idiot!#@" thread every day?

Tampa is going to be better next year. A 1st next year could be the 24th pick.

Idzik is NOT going to trade up and pick someone in the top 5. That's not happening. That's not the Seahawks way, that's not his way. Having 2 picks in the first round is having 2 picks in the first round.

He wants the 13th pick this year, where he could draft a starter. They know what they're doing.

He's not an idiot. He's not forgoing the later rounds, and he's trying to make this a better TEAM.

This idea that the Jets are going to draft in the top 5 next year is just that. The 2013 season isn't even played yet. The Redskins gave up 3 firsts to move up 4 spots. How much do you think that will cost us if the Jets aren't already top 3 in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    The short answer:

Yes.

Are we going to have an "Idzik is an idiot!#@" thread every hour?
    Fixed

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No, like Choon said yesterday we should take a 2nd and 4th and be happy we get that much. Idzik is playing this just fine so far.
    Put your glasses on so you can read this correctly. What I said was that if the Jets are not going to sign him then taking a 2 & 4 this year was better then taking a compensatory 3 or 4 in 2015 and an extra $9 million added on to our 2014 salary cap. That's what I said smart guy. You said you would choose the compensatory pick and the extra cap hit, yet I'm dumb lol.

So you are declaring Idzik an idiot based on decisions he has not yet made while simultaneously declaring that you already know how the top of the draft is going to look a year from now regardless of the prospects 2013 performance and or injuries?

Also worth noting - the Harvin trade established a 2013 trade market for upper-echelon players.

You can nit and say what you want about a Tier 2-3 WR vs. the best CB in the game coming off injury - but in the GMs minds that's what set the market this year and what it seems Idzik is sticking too.

And it is the right move.

Maybe it's just You???

Veteran
    People just want to be able to say "I knew from the start he sucked" when the fanbase inevitably turns on Idzik, as they have all those who have come before.

Doesn't make them smart or less idiotic though...Probably more so actually

Jets Insider VIP
    Of course we are.

It's the Phail Strip.

The problem with stupid people is that they’re too stupid to realize how stupid they are. Stupidity itself is not the problem. Abundant stupidity is inevitable. The problem is the people who don't even begin to suspect that they are stupid. People who insist they're God's gift to intellectual discourse. But in reality: as thick as whale blubber.

Pump and Dump this stupid thread