Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leon Washington Signs with Pats

He's got enough in the tank to kill us on screens and in the return game. This pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He is 31 years old, 4-5 years ago this might have been upsetting, but not now. Pats are essentially replacing Woodhead and/or Edelman with an older player. He'll be a solid scat back, but with a serious leg injury under his belt, and now 31 years of age, a player of his size and ability, he will decline fast.

If the Jets land Mike Woodson, that is huge, with some real nice potential, that is news.
    You see him replacing Woodhead? A serious leg injury, he had a broken leg 4 years ago, it wasn't an ACL or an ankle/Foot, i don't think a broken bone is cause for concern 4 years later.
    Last edited by patman; 03-14-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    If the Jets land Mike Woodson

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    lol

And people think Neon Leon is old!

Can't pick up Tone Loc when we already have Tone Loco on the team...

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Hardest thing I've ever had to look at as a Jets fan. Leon was my favorite Jet of all time. He's going to thrive in New England. Mark my words.
    Another one of Mr T's worst mistakes, Now he will play us twice a year, Thanks, Mike

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    everyone according to many will thrive when they go to new england....this is like a broken record.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Hardest thing I've ever had to look at as a Jets fan. Leon was my favorite Jet of all time. He's going to thrive in New England. Mark my words.

Hall Of Fame
    Those are some sweet rides....omigod

Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    I've got 2 cars I'm equally proud of...can't play favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    He's got enough in the tank to kill us on screens and in the return game. This pisses me off.
    I could write the same exact thing on a Pats board about Welker. As a matter of fact, I may just do that later.

I think the Pats picked up LW mostly for his KR duties. He's one of only a few guys in the NFL that is scary as a return man. If he still has enough left to play RB too, then it's gravy.

Looking at his face in the picture tells me that he sure as hell is happy to be on the Pats.

Hall Of Fame
    he barely touched the ball as a RB in seattle...he is 31 and not the same old leon....all of a suden he goes to new england and some of you act like he will be a pro bowler.....every time the patriots get one of our ex players you say the same thing.....give me a break already....every player they get seems to make you all shake in your boots....do you have that much of an inferiority complex when it comes the pats.....they can do no wrong in your eyes......last i saw they let one of their best players in welker go....they bring in leon and you are all scared......sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I could write the same exact thing on a Pats board about Welker. As a matter of fact, I may just do that later.

I think the Pats picked up LW mostly for his KR duties. He's one of only a few guys in the NFL that is scary as a return man. If he still has enough left to play RB too, then it's gravy.

Looking at his face in the picture tells me that he sure as hell is happy to be on the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    everyone according to many will thrive when they go to new england....this is like a broken record.
    But when the guy thrived in Seattle and NY as a KR it is probable that he would continue to do so in NE. He was not being cut for not performing he made the probowl last month.

Some do. Some don't.

I think most NFL fans know that's true of every team, and all of us look at FA pickups as a positive thing, until they aren't.

Rookie
    LW isn't going to get many, if any, touches as a RB unless the Pats are so decimated at RB that the other 3 or 4 ahead of Leon are injured.

He will be in the lineup, if he makes the cut, to do KR duty.

As far as I know, Demps is still under contract and Woody hasn't signed with another team.

Jets Insider VIP
    he barely touched the ball as a RB in seattle...he is 31 and not the same old leon....all of a suden he goes to new england and some of you act like he will be a pro bowler.....every time the patriots get one of our ex players you say the same thing.....give me a break already....every player they get seems to make you all shake in your boots....do you have that much of an inferiority complex when it comes the pats.....they can do no wrong in your eyes......last i saw they let one of their best players in welker go....they bring in leon and you are all scared......sheesh

enough with the

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchefter: Looks like end of Danny Woodhead in New England... RT @Leon_Washington: #Blessed Lets Go #Pats http://t.co/5OdnQmVKgl
    @MikeReiss: Free-agent RB Danny Woodhead agrees to 2-year deal with the Chargers, per source.

Rookie
    Good Luck Danny...He was a Pat fans favorite player.