Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: We Got Our Running Back: Mike Goodson

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cjpeters9 View Post
    Even Shanchez could make that throw!
    Nah, He would have hit the D-lineman in the head.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Hey 90210 what's up DHB and Huff getting cut by the Raiders. Can they draft some replacements and be EXPLOSIVE again????
    DHB on this board months ago I told everyone that he would be cut.(go look it up) If you look at how much they were going to pay him there was no way he was going to be kept. ( everyone knew that) Especially when they had his replacement on the roster already(Rod streater) With jacoby Ford back this year they had to open up a spot for Streater. Also want to get Juron Criner more time. ( different type of WR to the other wr on the roster)

M Huff being cut, that surprise me some what as yes he was making a lot of money next year and beyond, but this guy has been the ultimate team player. Playing out of position the last two years at CB due rash of injuries Raiders had at CB. R Mckenzie just doesn't want to keep any players with out of whack contracts on the roster.(wants to bite the bullet now) Raiders right now are looking at 90 million dollar cap space for 2014. (what does that tell you)

Reggie MCkenzie got the Raiders GM job because of recommendation oF Ron Wolf, J madden , and Hertzog who said he great talent evaluator.
    Were going to find out real soon if that is the case as this is really his first draft.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-15-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    @adamschefter Jets signed Mike Goodson to a three-year, $6.9 million deal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Former WR, so you know he has solid hands, and as been very productive in a reserve/ST teams role during his first four years in the league. He's ideal for the WCO and I'm excited to see him play. Having him split carries with Powell and or McKnight and or a rookie RB will keep him fresh as well.

Only two worries with Mike Goodson Ball security as he has to do a better job holding on to football. (a lot of fumbles for small amount of carries he had in career) and pass protection. You can't protect your QB than your not going to be out there.

M Goodson improves in both those areas and then jets got someone that very good fit for their offense(should put up big numbers) If he doesn't he again will have very little carries.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    RT @AdamSchefter: Jets signed Mike Goodson to a three-year, $6.9 million deal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    Cheaper, more versatile, and a better fit than Greene.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fers2k2 View Post
    No I'm just one of those fans who laughs at the majority of our blind and misguided fan base. Steven Jackson just got a 3yr 12 mill dollar deal which is pretty cap friendly. Who would you rather have Jackson or Goodson? No saying thAt this kids a bad signing he might thrive and be great, but when I see post saying we found our feature back or Reggie bush type or Goodson>McFadden I got to laugh at comments like that for a guy who had 35 carries last year
    I would rather sign the young player with upside as opposed to the old vet with a lot of miles who will be shot by the time the team becomes competitive again. And when you are looking at NFL contracts its not the dollar amount or years that matter, its the guaranteed money.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I am estatic...I have been watching Goodson since he days at Texas A and M...this is a fantastic pick up and he fits perfectly for the WCO.
    Agreed. D's are gonna be gassed chasing Goodson and McKnight around the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Agreed. D's are gonna be gassed chasing Goodson and McKnight fumbles around the field.
    Fixed

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like we paid a lot for this guy....don't think we'll be drafting another RB now

Living in Carolina, this guy was pretty good for the Panthers.....just not sure how durable

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    RT @AdamSchefter: Jets signed Mike Goodson to a three-year, $6.9 million deal.
    Does this seem like a high number to you guys?

I like what goodson brings to the table as far as his receiving and open field explosiveness, but $2.3/year is not chump change by any means for someone who has been a bit injury prone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Seems like we paid a lot for this guy....don't think we'll be drafting another RB now

Living in Carolina, this guy was pretty good for the Panthers.....just not sure how durable
    2M a year is a good deal. Vet Min is 1M...

Also, he's not our feature back...he's splitting the load with Powell and possibly McKnight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

why not?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pre-draft report-as others have said:

Pick Analysis: Goodson is a big back with really impressive quickness and speed. He hasn't been a full-time starter in college, but he has great explosion and change of direction. He may develop into a multi-threat player in the NFL who can play slot receiver, catch screens, run the ball and return kicks.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profil...odson?id=80644

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Filed to ESPN: #Jets sign former Raiders RB Mike Goodson, will compete for starting job. http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...uld-be-no-1-rb

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Does this seem like a high number to you guys?

I like what goodson brings to the table as far as his receiving and open field explosiveness, but $2.3/year is not chump change by any means for someone who has been a bit injury prone.
    Depends how it's structured..Maybe only 1/2 is guaranteed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    Solid deal for a starting RB. I like it. BTW Greene signed for 3.1mil more and he's a backup. I'm guessing Goodson start's day 1 as Powell and McKnight aren't starters.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surprised we were able to sign this guy. Ton of upside, he easily could have been picked up by a contender. Doubt we draft a RB. Bet we go heavy on the OL in the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Jets love Goodson's upside. Brings speed to RB position. Downside: 7 career fumbles in only 219 offensive "touches."

Let's see how good Anthony Lynn is