Thread: If He is there At 9, I hope we Draft Him....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

If He is there At 9, I hope we Draft Him....

Him being Geno Smith. He can compete in camp with Sanchez and David G. (can't spell his last name) and if he doesn't win the starting job out right he can sit and learn for a year or even get to play later in the season if whoever starts stinks up the joint or gets hurt.

I think he has a tremendous upside and with the right coaching can definitely become a franchise QB. I know everyone wants to wait until 2014 draft but there is no way of knowing where we will be drafting and who will be available. I say get our QB now, let him develop and focus on getting him weapons....

Probably a moot point because I fear Buffalo will take him right before us and we have to face him twice a year for the next decade.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...ineers-pro-day

If he's there you take him, but I doubt he gets past the Cards or Bills.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He won't be.

2 QBs might be taken b4 we pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warmack or Star please

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    Him being Geno Smith. He can compete in camp with Sanchez and David G. (can't spell his last name) and if he doesn't win the starting job out right he can sit and learn for a year or even get to play later in the season if whoever starts stinks up the joint or gets hurt.

I think he has a tremendous upside and with the right coaching can definitely become a franchise QB. I know everyone wants to wait until 2014 draft but there is no way of knowing where we will be drafting and who will be available. I say get our QB now, let him develop and focus on getting him weapons....

Probably a moot point because I fear Buffalo will take him right before us and we have to face him twice a year for the next decade.
    Don't worry Smith can't spell Garrard either.