Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Bridgewater.... how do you know?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,108

    Bridgewater.... how do you know?

    ....That he's not the next Barkley, or Leinart, Locker.. all guys who could have been drafted #1 one season, and tumbled the next.

    Just curious about what you guys think makes this guy a lock to replicate his success in 2013 and remain a top 1-3 pick.

  2. #2
    You don't put a draft featuring Manziel, Chuckie, and Boyd makes it a lot more tempting.

  3. #3
    I'll say this about Bridgewater, his poise and accuracy are in another world compared to the QBs you mention, especially under pressure. The game is never too big for this guy and it's not like he's a product of the system or talent he's surrounded with. That Louisville is a sub .500 team without him.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,737
    The answer is that you don't know. You never know. But I think the kid is going to be a great pro.

    I also happen to like kids that have been through some sort of hardship and have gotten through it. IMO I think it shows how they will handle adversity as a pro. You should go read the stories about when his mother got breast cancer and how as a 14 yr old he started working odd jobs to give her money to help out with his siblings.

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ere-mother-ncf

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I'll say this about Bridgewater, his poise and accuracy are in another world compared to the QBs you mention, especially under pressure. The game is never too big for this guy and it's not like he's a product of the system or talent he's surrounded with. That Louisville is a sub .500 team without him.
    +1

  6. #6
    A lot of guys who fall into the category you mentioned are either products of a big hyped up program with lots of talent surrounding them (leinart, barkley), or not really quality passers of the football (locker). Bridgewater CREATES the hype around his program, by the way he throws the football (and not really his running, which won't translate to the NFL). It's a critical difference.

    He's special.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    ....That he's not the next Barkley, or Leinart, Locker.. all guys who could have been drafted #1 one season, and tumbled the next.

    Just curious about what you guys think makes this guy a lock to replicate his success in 2013 and remain a top 1-3 pick.
    You don't know.

    What I do know is that he's not on the same level as a prospect as John Elway or Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    ....That he's not the next Barkley, or Leinart, Locker.. all guys who could have been drafted #1 one season, and tumbled the next.

    Just curious about what you guys think makes this guy a lock to replicate his success in 2013 and remain a top 1-3 pick.
    I would say of the guys you listed, he clearly has better physical tools than Barkley and Leinart, and he's a far better passer already than Locker ever was. He also didn't have the benefit of playing on a college all-star team (Leinart, Barkley), and actually took his program to great heights, winning a BCS game against one of the best Ds in the country (unlike Locker who couldn't take the Huskies anywhere).

    I'd be surprised if his stock drops with another year of experience, but I guess anything is possible. Injuries the only red flag I see

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,737
    I think the one guy who might struggle this year is Manziel.

    If you look that 2012 Texas A&M team was LOADED with players. They are all getting drafted.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    ....That he's not the next Barkley, or Leinart, Locker.. all guys who could have been drafted #1 one season, and tumbled the next.

    Just curious about what you guys think makes this guy a lock to replicate his success in 2013 and remain a top 1-3 pick.
    I wouldn't put much stock in any QB you haven't seen play at least 3 years. I don't think Bridgewater is worth half as much some seem to think he is. Manziel same thing. For all the he'd be #1 overall this year I have to laugh. Given his size I find it hard to believe he'd even be a 2nd rounder. Skill or not guys like him just dont go it the 1st because they just don't have a pro QB build. As a scout you have to love Manziels highlights but on paper you'd take a guy like Glennon before him based on potential and likely hood to survive. Boyd and Carr ARE the featured QBs for next year people should be looking at. I can't say either are better prospects then Geno right now.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,946
    There could be a qb out there that we dont even know about. Nobody was talking RG3 as a top pick before his senior season.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,327
    Well he has talent that Barkley doesn't have.

    Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    There could be a qb out there that we dont even know about. Nobody was talking RG3 as a top pick before his senior season.
    Or Cam. Seriously I think Cam was ranked like the 34th best QB going into his SR year. Griffen did have some hype the year before actually was just dimmed by Luck and Barkley.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    AJ McCarron is probably a name that will emerge next year if he has a big season.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I'll say this about Bridgewater, his poise and accuracy are in another world compared to the QBs you mention, especially under pressure. The game is never too big for this guy and it's not like he's a product of the system or talent he's surrounded with. That Louisville is a sub .500 team without him.
    Dude, Boyd's accuracy is all world....watch the other players before making comments you know nothing about

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,108
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Dude, Boyd's accuracy is all world....watch the other players before making comments you know nothing about
    That's funny. You know why? Cause you don't know what you're talking about... That post had nothing to do with BOYD. At all. He was responding to the likes of Barkley, Locker et al, who were all at some point considered surefire top dogs one season, then flopped the next and lost their draft status.


    So read other comments properly before rolling up your e-sleeves...
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-15-2013 at 11:09 PM.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

    So read comments before rolling up your e-sleeves...
    hahahahahhahahaha

    lmao e-sleeves.

    so good.

  18. #18

    lol

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    AJ McCarron is probably a name that will emerge next year if he has a big season.
    Yeah Mccarron in the 6th round is looking great right now. Please he has a high school arm. I would rather take his girlfriend as a Cheerleader

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Yeah Mccarron in the 6th round is looking great right now. Please he has a high school arm. I would rather take his girlfriend as a Cheerleader
    Or his mom dont forget his mom.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,668
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The answer is that you don't know. You never know. But I think the kid is going to be a great pro.

    I also happen to like kids that have been through some sort of hardship and have gotten through it. IMO I think it shows how they will handle adversity as a pro. You should go read the stories about when his mother got breast cancer and how as a 14 yr old he started working odd jobs to give her money to help out with his siblings.

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ere-mother-ncf
    WOW!

    I really hope he pans out...where ever he is drafted. Can't help but root for the guy after reading that story.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us