Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Keller a Fin

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    the link u sent me had him rated 34th last year-way to prove my point

I dont care what he did two years ago or four years ago

in any tight end rankings I have seen for this upcoming year he is not top 15

I am more upset they let greene go who was top 15 in yards and also had 8tds-on a team that had zero chance to pass the ball so teams just stacked the box against the run
    I guess you missed where I said I know he was injured in '12..Gasp! A football player had an injured season...

Psst..Peyton Manning ranked below Sanchez in '11...

Keller was top 10 in '11 & '10.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I guess you missed where I said I know he was injured in '12..Gasp! A football player had an injured season...

I usually agree with you C-Mart but not this time. Keller is slow. Keller has mediocre hands. Keller is a poor route runner, no a piss-poor route runner... no where near what other TEs can do (and he was touted as a good route runner when he was drafted)... finally, Keller's blocking is horrendous. Bioth in the run game and worse in pass protection. He and Shonn Greene were HUGE contributors to the pass rush shellacking Sanchez has received over the past 2 years. All-in-all, Keller has been a tremendous disappointment given his draft position. He's not worth a long term commitment and he's not worth anything near what he probably thinks he is worth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    i wouldnt mind drafting the TE out of stanford Zach Ertz in the 2nd, do you guys think he'll still be there by then?
    Yes and yes.

Warmack/Starand rd 1 and Ertz in rd 2 please.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Ertz or Escobar in Round 2

Or if we can get a 1st for Revis, I'd love to get Eifert.
    I think Ertz and Eifert are both pretty safe TE prospects that will give our offense the same thing as Keller at a fraction of the price.

BTW, 1 year deal for Keller. What happened to all the Jets fans saynig Keller was going to get this big payday?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was hoping that we'd let Keller walk.

Best TE class in recent memory.

I don't care for these H-back types anyway. Give me the traditional 6'6 260 TE that can be a redzone presence and can actually block worth a damn.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I usually agree with you C-Mart but not this time. Keller is slow. Keller has mediocre hands. Keller is a poor route runner, no a piss-poor route runner... no where near what other TEs can do (and he was touted as a good route runner when he was drafted)... finally, Keller's blocking is horrendous. Bioth in the run game and worse in pass protection. He and Shonn Greene were HUGE contributors to the pass rush shellacking Sanchez has received over the past 2 years. All-in-all, Keller has been a tremendous disappointment given his draft position. He's not worth a long term commitment and he's not worth anything near what he probably thinks he is worth.
    I never said he's worth L-T commitment, anything regarding blocking or he's a Gronk.. However his career stats rank him higher than people are stating. His game is also perfect for a WCO.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I think Ertz and Eifert are both pretty safe TE prospects that will give our offense the same thing as Keller at a fraction of the price.

BTW, 1 year deal for Keller. What happened to all the Jets fans saynig Keller was going to get this big payday?
    Yep

I think it speaks volumes as to what the Jets and even the rest of the league thinks of Keller. The guy is way too damn inconsistent to warrant a big payday or a longterm deal.

He's easily replaceable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep

I think it speaks volumes as to what the Jets and even the rest of the league thinks of Keller. The guy is way too damn inconsistent to warrant a big payday or a longterm deal.

He's easily replaceable.
    that's how to look at it. replaceable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    i wouldnt mind drafting the TE out of stanford Zach Ertz in the 2nd, do you guys think he'll still be there by then?
    +1.

He might still be there, but I see him going in the 1st.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    that's how to look at it. replaceable.
    Most of these free agents we've lost are totally replacable in the draft and with low-level FA's. Only good player the Jets have lost so far is Landry and there are a lot of good safeties left in FA plus the draft. The media is retarded.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was hoping that we'd let Keller walk.

Best TE class in recent memory.

I don't care for these H-back types anyway. Give me the traditional 6'6 260 TE that can be a redzone presence and can actually block worth a damn.
    This is a deep draft at OL, RB and TE. We should be able to get value at every position. I'm not one of these stupid jets fans who think we can't draft a TE just cuz of guys like Becht and Mitchell. We're going to get another 1st or 2nd b/c of the Revis trade use it to get a big TE that Sanchez can throw to in the red zone.

Eifert - 6'6 w/good hands
    Ertz - 6'6 w/good hands

Me likey.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    How much did he get from Miami? I guess, more than anything, we see what the team thought of him....which is not much.

The Jets don't have a ton of money, but could have offered Keller a decent deal if they were so inclined.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep

He's easily replaceable.
    The reality is Keller is a one-dimensional TE who isn't in the top half of the league as far as being a weapon at the position. His only move in the open field is to try and jump over a defender. It's hilarious to watch him run.

He's an average player who never lived up to the high pick the Jets used on him. He's always been overrated by fans and obviously other teams agree because all he got was a 1 year deal.

The dropoff between Keller and Cumberland will be marginal IMO, and I'm hoping they find a starting caliber TE in the draft.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

The Jets don't have a ton of money, but could have offered Keller a decent deal if they were so inclined.
    I think that speaks more about the direction Idzek wants to go (getting rid of old deadwood) rather than the Jets spending money on Keller.

Realistically, how big of a drop-off will there be between Keller and Cumberland? Not that much, if any.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I think that speaks more about the direction Idzek wants to go (getting rid of old deadwood) rather than the Jets spending money on Keller.

Realistically, how big of a drop-off will there be between Keller and Cumberland? Not that much, if any.
    It also clearly speaks to what they think of Sanchez. Keller was his security blanket. If they had any plans of trying to play Sanchez in 2013, you'd think the Jets would've looked into bringing him back at that low price.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

lol comparing a keller to a hall of famer

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Underachieved...Did you see the retarded qb we had throwing the ball to him? Now I don't think he is the best out there but he is not as bad as some people are making him out to be.
    Thats right

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    lol comparing a keller to a hall of famer
    LOL for not understanding.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Jets are drafting Eifert or Ertz in day 1. Won't be much of a dropoff. The key here is Idzik needs to get a Safety who can actually cover a tight end. I know I'm gonna get ripped for saying this but we need Kerry Rhodes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets are drafting Eifert or Ertz in day 1. Won't be much of a dropoff. The key here is Idzik needs to get a Safety who can actually cover a tight end. I know I'm gonna get ripped for saying this but we need Kerry Rhodes.
    Talk to Thurman and Rex. They wanted him out.