Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 111

Thread: Keller a Fin

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    lol comparing a keller to a hall of famer
    I think you missed his point.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Talk to Thurman and Rex. They wanted him out.
    And Braylon Edwards called Mike Tanenbaum an idiot and two days later Tannenbaum signed him.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    And Braylon Edwards called Mike Tanenbaum an idiot and two days later Tannenbaum signed him.
    Didn't say they won't. But they were the reasons, especially Thurman, for wanting him gone.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Didn't say they won't. But they were the reasons, especially Thurman, for wanting him gone.
    Just as there should be reasons for them wanting him back. Did you see Rhodes cover New England's Tight Ends last season? Belichik is probably trying to sign him just to keep him off of the Jets or Phin's rosters.

  5. #85
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,845
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    tell me how in under achieved in 2011? 815 yards and 5 tds is not trash.

    Granted he is not a probowl TE but he is a starting TE in the NFL. The jets did not draft him to be an inline blocker.
    He was so inconsistent. He would light it up for a while, then disappear. Maybe it was the offensive play calling, who knows. He can probably do better in the right situation. I'm not going to miss him but I wish he would have gone out of division if not conference.

  6. #86
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I doubt Keller would have wanted that. 1 year deal is an opportunity for him to have a big year and get a big payday. Quite frankly, there is far too much uncertainty for him to have that chance with the Jets.

    With Wallace opening out the outside, Keller staying healthy, and Tannenhill improving on his rookie season. He has a chance to get 1,000 yards and 8 TDs. That's much less likely with the Jets, with a total mystery at QB
    He was 'holding out' for a multiple year deal from the Phins which is why he wasn't signed immediately. Looks like Miami held firm and wouldn't offer him more than the one.

  7. #87
    Keller is very one dimensional, pretty much useless in the run game. He goes down immediately on contact, he does not punish tacklers at all. While he may have track speed, he's not particularly quick or fast on the field. He's also prone to mental lapses where he misses assignments, drops easy passes, and runs incorrect routes. He'll make some very good plays but nothing he has ever done equates to being a top tier TE. He's above average as a receiver, awful as a blocker, but most of all replaceable at all aspects.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Did you see Rhodes cover New England's Tight Ends last season? Belichik is probably trying to sign him just to keep him off of the Jets or Phin's rosters.
    Did you watch the game?

    Hernandez was hurt on the 2nd play of the game and did not play the rest of the game.

    Gronk had 6 receptions for 75 yards (12.5 avg.) and a TD.

    I'd hardly call that a shutdown performance by Rhodes.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Did you watch the game?

    Hernandez was hurt on the 2nd play of the game and did not play the rest of the game.

    Gronk had 6 receptions for 75 yards (12.5 avg.) and a TD.

    I'd hardly call that a shutdown performance by Rhodes.
    Carrie Rhodes is a twat
    Last edited by Gibby; 03-15-2013 at 03:00 PM.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Did you watch the game?

    Hernandez was hurt on the 2nd play of the game and did not play the rest of the game.

    Gronk had 6 receptions for 75 yards (12.5 avg.) and a TD.

    I'd hardly call that a shutdown performance by Rhodes.
    Yes I did watch the game and I saw Rhodes shut down Gronk whenever he was covering him to include the Pats' final drive.

    (Sorry - pic too big)




    Now go crawl into your hole troll.
    Last edited by crasherino; 03-16-2013 at 07:33 AM.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Underachieved ? Look who was throwing to him.

    Look at his rookie season with Favre.

    That's the difference. Hate to see him go.
    keep blaming it all on Sanchez its all his fault keller didnt make those catches in the ice bath. you can be all world if you cant stay on the field your no good to your team. hamstrings lack of training maybe? we saw it with revis the year he held out? But yeah the QB was at fault for his production. if he stays on the field he is a good player of he cant then he is a bust. same risk we took with landry last year i am sure redskin fans thought we where crazy. oh and watch for a regression in tanehill this year it usually happens in year 2 i dont think he is special like rg3 or russel wilson.

  12. #92
    "Top 15" or "top 10" without context is meaningless. Shonn Greene couldn't break tackles, and even when he had open holes, he NEVER outran the defense in 2011-12, he gained 1,000 yards the last two season because of opportunity, not skill.

    Keller is an "above average" te, he's certainly not top 5 (Gronk, Witten, Graham, Gonzalez, Hernandez) but using the term "top 10" is misleading.

    The difference between the following is all about potential, age, and blocking, and any of them could be top 10 next year


    Vernon Davis,
    Jermichael Finley,
    Antonio Gates, All have top 5 talent

    Jared Cook,
    Owen Daniels,
    Jermaine Greshim,
    Brandon Petigrew,
    Dennis Pitta,
    Greg Olsen,
    Brent Celek,
    Heath Miller,
    Dustin Keller

    Are all, roughly top 15 TEs. I'd say Keller is near the bottom of that pile, but it's hard since he's been hampered by an incredibly inaccurate QB. He's good enough, but he's nothing special.

  13. #93
    Good riddance. Over-rated and not a guy who comes to play on every down. Kudos to our new GM for not getting suckered in.

  14. #94
    @ArmandoSalguero: Dustin Keller says it came down to a choice between the Dolphins and the Jets.

  15. #95
    I like Keller but I have to say they downgraded in FA here.

  16. #96
    Greg M. Cooper, US Presswire
    He missed Weeks 2-5 due to injury, but New York Jets tight end Dustin Keller is now healthy and available in many leagues.

    by Staff and wire reports, USA TODAY

    Published: 03/15/2013 04:06pm

    After some early big-ticket spending, the Miami Dolphins wanted to do something a little closer to bargain shopping at tight end.

    Following initial inquiries into Jared Cook and Martellus Bennett, the team signed former New York Jets tight end Dustin Keller to a one-year deal, according to a person informed of the agreement. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the deal hasn't yet been announced.

    ESPN is reporting the contract is worth $4.25 million.

    Cook signed with the St. Louis Rams and Bennett with the Chicago Bears.

    Keller met with the Dolphins on Thursday and left without a deal, though both sides were open to continuing their communication. They proved it by striking a deal on Friday.

    Keller's one-year deal is further proof players are taking short-term deals to reestablish their value in the hope of a bigger payday in a year or two when there's a higher salary cap.

    In fact, Keller turned down a longer deal the Dolphins offered him during his initial visit Thursday, according to a person briefed on the negotiations. The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the talks were to remain private, said the average per year on the long-term offer was roughly the same as on the one-year deal Keller eventually signed.

    The shorter deal would allow Keller the chance to prove his worth after an injury-plagued 2012 season and the Dolphins get a player motivated to get that payday next year.

    Another season like 2011 (65 catches, 815 yards and five touchdowns) would help in that regard.

  17. #97
    Keller made a mistake by the sounds of it to me. Longer term deal with an average of 4.25. sounds like he thinks he can have a big year and then command a big deal but TE's are very interchangeable in this league.

    Glad the Jets did not beat that offer.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Greg M. Cooper, US Presswire
    He missed Weeks 2-5 due to injury, but New York Jets tight end Dustin Keller is now healthy and available in many leagues.

    by Staff and wire reports, USA TODAY

    Published: 03/15/2013 04:06pm

    After some early big-ticket spending, the Miami Dolphins wanted to do something a little closer to bargain shopping at tight end.

    Following initial inquiries into Jared Cook and Martellus Bennett, the team signed former New York Jets tight end Dustin Keller to a one-year deal, according to a person informed of the agreement. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the deal hasn't yet been announced.

    ESPN is reporting the contract is worth $4.25 million.

    Cook signed with the St. Louis Rams and Bennett with the Chicago Bears.

    Keller met with the Dolphins on Thursday and left without a deal, though both sides were open to continuing their communication. They proved it by striking a deal on Friday.

    Keller's one-year deal is further proof players are taking short-term deals to reestablish their value in the hope of a bigger payday in a year or two when there's a higher salary cap.

    In fact, Keller turned down a longer deal the Dolphins offered him during his initial visit Thursday, according to a person briefed on the negotiations. The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the talks were to remain private, said the average per year on the long-term offer was roughly the same as on the one-year deal Keller eventually signed.

    The shorter deal would allow Keller the chance to prove his worth after an injury-plagued 2012 season and the Dolphins get a player motivated to get that payday next year.

    Another season like 2011 (65 catches, 815 yards and five touchdowns) would help in that regard.
    Glad he is in Miami if that was the price. Wish him luck when he isn't playing us.

  19. #99
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northwest New Jersey
    Posts
    161
    Dustin Keller's are a dime a dozen.
    Not that big of a loss. We'll grab sombody else along the way.

  20. #100
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Keller made a mistake by the sounds of it to me. Longer term deal with an average of 4.25. sounds like he thinks he can have a big year and then command a big deal but TE's are very interchangeable in this league.

    Glad the Jets did not beat that offer.
    Seriously....how good of a year does he expect to have? It would have to surpass 2011 in order to get over $5m/yr. and 2011 was partially a function of the Jets not having any weapons - can't say that about the fins next year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us