Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Keller a Fin

Deuces. Sanchez must be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Underachieved ? Look who was throwing to him.

Look at his rookie season with Favre.

That's the difference. Hate to see him go.
    So funny how these ****s are so quick to forget. Our offense was never led by a real coach and the same goes for the QB. If you'd like to see Keller's real potential take a look at his rookie year when Favre made him look like a pro bowler. Don't blame Keller and losing him to the division is just bad.

Some are saying its Sanchez fault Keller wasnt amazing, and that is very true, but how about the inept playcalling? Man, we have watched terrible offensive football in the past two seasons from our team. The offensive gameplans have been vomit worthy.

Keller will be a fantasy football TE sleeper.

Lets see what else our front office has in store.

All Pro
    Keller was horrendously underused and constantly misused. Don't kid yourselves on that one. We all saw him waving his hands twenty yards deep, uncovered. Weekly.

Is he a rare talent? No.
    Is he irreplaceable? No.
    Did we lose a good player? Yes.

This team is not going to replace Keller with Jumbo Cumberland. We are two, not one, but two good TEs away from catching up with the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Keller was horrendously underused and constantly misused. Don't kid yourselves on that one. We all saw him waving his hands twenty yards deep, uncovered. Weekly.

Is he a rare talent? No.
    Is he irreplaceable? No.

This team is not going to replace Keller with Jumbo Cumberland. We are two, not one, but two good TEs away from catching up with the league.
    don't make it like keller was always open and sanchez couldn't find him. it was as much the reverse. keller wasn't open, and sanchez stared him down and forced it to him.

truth, the only reason this FA signing has garnered so much attention here is b/c he is a former first round pick. he was never the dynamic threat we hoped he'd be. he became sanchez's buddy and safety net, the checkdown guy. as productive as he was in his first 4 years, there were as many games where i thought the TEs on the opposing teams were as good or better. better blockers, better hands, or faster. taller. keller isn't bad but just b/c tannyhill is throwing to him doesn't mean he's going to go nuts. keller benefitted from sanchez's friendship, as well as his limitations. if sanchez were better he likely would have targeted wrs more and keller less.

give me someone like escobar in the 2nd. i'd rather have a 6'5" faster mismatch down the seams.

the entire league knows keller is not a top tier tight end so enough defending the guy-he was was signed by the fins to a ****ty one year deal because NOBODY wanted him-he showed promise coming out the league and never measured up to expecations-was he an okay player yes anything to get upset about losing no not at all-Revis is the guy you get upset about losing he actually has elite skills

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    don't make it like keller was always open and sanchez couldn't find him. it was as much the reverse. keller wasn't open, and sanchez stared him down and forced it to him.

truth, the only reason this FA signing has garnered so much attention here is b/c he is a former first round pick. he was never the dynamic threat we hoped he'd be. he became sanchez's buddy and safety net, the checkdown guy. as productive as he was in his first 4 years, there were as many games where i thought the TEs on the opposing teams were as good or better. better blockers, better hands, or faster. taller. keller isn't bad but just b/c tannyhill is throwing to him doesn't mean he's going to go nuts. keller benefitted from sanchez's friendship, as well as his limitations. if sanchez were better he likely would have targeted wrs more and keller less.

give me someone like escobar in the 2nd. i'd rather have a 6'5" faster mismatch down the seams.
    I love me some Escobar. I would definitely like to draft him / develop him over keeping Keller if I had to pick one over the other...

But having both would be better.

I think you're wrong about Keller getting open downfield. In the last 2 seasons, as we all know, Sanchez became incredibly short sighted and just simply stopped looking for anyone, Keller included, downfield. Keller was a good route runner and that skill was limited to a handful of dump-off garbage plays.

All Pro
    Too many drops of catchable balls, passes bouncing off his back when he wasn't looking, by his own admission mediocre route running...

Gronkowski/Graham are already the NFL TE prototype of today.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
    Receieved 3 calls from agents yesterday saying first wave of FA all dried up. Def. a buyer's market. Guys having trouble getting 1-yr deals.

@MoveTheSticks: This FA period has produced a ton of 1 year, "prove it" contracts. Highly motivated players isn't a bad thing!

Keller is a solid player, I can see him being a good fit in the WCO, but he's not worth 4+ mil a year.

He's replaceable, and this year's TE crop has some good talent in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

Is he a rare talent? No.
    Is he irreplaceable? No.

I am still pretty miffed that a player who has said he wanted to remain a Jet (Keller) left for a division rival on a one year deal.

Be that as it may, Hayden Smith is the real wildcard here, he has great size and athleticism. His lack of NFL experience is obviously what held him back last season.

Lets see what kind of jump he makes from year one to year two, if he pans out, we really only need one more TE with Reuland, Cumberland and Smith still on the roster.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 03-16-2013 at 01:13 PM.