Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call Me Crazy But I Think We are Better

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    KC went 2-14 last season because they didn't have a professional QB on their roster. Sanchez and Garrard are both significantly better than Cassell/Quinn.

Let's see what Idzik does the next 5 months in FA and the draft. So far I like what I've seen not making any dumb signings and getting a good, cheap starting RB like Goodson.
    That is like saying, in the land of the blind the one eye man is king

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    KC went 2-14 last season because they didn't have a professional QB on their roster. Sanchez and Garrard are both significantly better than Cassell/Quinn.

Let's see what Idzik does the next 5 months in FA and the draft. So far I like what I've seen not making any dumb signings and getting a good, cheap starting RB like Goodson.
    No they aren't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    No they aren't.
    You think Matt Cassell is better than Sanchez and Garrard? OMFG

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    That is like saying, in the land of the blind the one eye man is king
    I do agree that what Idzik is doing does have to be done though. I still think it will take a few years to turn over the roster before the Jets can even think about the playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Snackchez is not "significantly" better than any QB in the NFL. Not a one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    +1

This team finished 6-10 with a horrible QB, a slow, plodding defense and limited talent on offense. Aging, over-priced players left the club with no cap room.

A 6-10 finish a year later with noteworthy development in young players, a ton of cap room, and a new QB prospect is a completely different scenario going into 2014.

It's early, but provided the draft goes as we hope and the Revis situation plays out fairly, the team will be (in a lot of ways) more fun to watch than they were last year. Even if it's less talented initially.
    Kind of a situation where we were in a hole and we had to dig further down a little bit to ultimately get out. Sure, it looks worse in the right now, but the prospects for a bright future are stronger than ever. Actually, who am I kidding, until we have the QB of the future on this roster, I cannot make these proclamations

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media loves to poke fun at the Jets and call Ryan a lame duck. However the Jets needed to tear apart this team..too many high priced players past their prime. This team had it's chances to came as close as one game to the Super Bowl. I don't have a problem with what we are doing as I knew it would be bad. Better to build now as the Patsies start their decline