Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets NOT raising ticket prices this season

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Mezzanine End Zone A 246a 1 9 - 10 All $3,475 $6,950

MEZZ A CORNER ROW ONE SEATS!!!!!! $3,475 each.

Oh SAR!!!!!!!!! Someone broke the buck.
    246A is 9 seats off the aisle closest to 245A, adjacent to the club seats. That's a hell of a deal. Apparently, there is very little market for Mezz A. Everything is depressed now do the Jets being in tear-down mode, the predecessor to rebuild mode.

Now is the time to be buying, not selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    246A is 9 seats off the aisle closest to 245A, adjacent to the club seats. That's a hell of a deal. Apparently, there is very little market for Mezz A. Everything is depressed now do the Jets being in tear-down mode, the predecessor to rebuild mode.

time will tell what now is the time for. if in 5 years we're in the same hole, now will be the time to sell. and knowing the jets, that's probably going to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    maybe they can afford it but don`t want to bother anymore.
    .....and want to eat $29,000 out of boredom.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    .....and want to eat $29,000 out of boredom.

SAR I
    or $2,200...

Nope, if they had no money and seats sold at profit each year they would never let them go.

problem is the Mezz A or Mezz B seats are fairly worthless do to the emptyness in the UD.

When I moved my UD seats this week and I wanted UD visitors side I had choice of the $50 seats in 343/334 row 17, the $75 seats in row 17 342/335 or a few row four seats in UD prime.

Honestly row 17 seats in 343 are much better seats than something like Mezz B. And Mezz B even if I got them for free the $125 ticket price for a UD EZ view is crazy.

Only LGL by LSL and LSL by Lower Prime have a really good view without a huge PSL.

Those seats other than the one 5k firesale hold up only because if you can sell the games at a profit, no need to firesale psl.
    Some people can't write a check to the Jets for $5,000 next week.

Some people don't want to write a check to a 3-13 team next week.

Not sure why you're trying to make this into something its not.

Tickets. Expensive. Economy. Tough. Team. Bad. Rocket science. Not.

SAR I

Mezzanine End Zone A 246a 1 9 - 10 All $3,475 $6,950

MEZZ A CORNER ROW ONE SEATS!!!!!! $3,475 each.

Oh SAR!!!!!!!!! Someone broke the buck.
    "Desperate people might sit anywhere." That's your Big Friday Thesis Of Controversy?

I'm not selling so the current economics don't matter to me. Anyone with Day 1 seniority is an old timer who decided not to be cheap and give it a go with a great view at a lower elevation. Kudos for the guy for trying. Better than the cheapskates who did two years in the UD when we were winning playoff games and ran like rats when things got rough.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post

+1

I hope the guy next to me bails so I can grab his two seats at a bargain price. Family of 6, getting tough to make 4 seats work. My kids have friends, soon girlfriends too. I don't want to be the one watching on TV because the family forces me out.

SAR I

+1

I hope the guy next to me bails so I can grab his two seats at a bargain price. Family of 6, getting tough to make 4 seats work. My kids have friends, soon girlfriends too. I don't want to be the one watching on TV because the family forces me out.

SAR I

Buy the two row one seats on other side cheap and let the screaming kids and chatty GFs sit in your old seats.

Buy the two row one seats on other side cheap and let the screaming kids and chatty GFs sit in your old seats.
    Funny

Better than the cheapskates who did two years in the UD when we were winning playoff games and ran like rats when things got rough.

SAR I
    ever hear of "bandwagon"? Thats what this stadium created. A bunch of bandwagon jumpers. I only did one season in the UDEZ(where I had always sat)and we didn`t like it. The value was poor, and it`s still poor even at $50ea. We jumped off the support list after 27 years of NOTHING, and because it`s one of the worst 1.6 BILLION dollar pieces of shiit ever built in the history of mankind. If there had been PSLs in the UD, I would`ve probably bought 2 instead the 4 seats I always had. I would`ve sold them at a profit the following year because the stadium sucks as a whole now. All these new fans who jumped on the wagon are jumping off now. Only those 14,333 are stuck until they feel comfortable dumping their psls. Too bad for those who purchased the big ticket psls. They`ll never sell them at a profit. Long haul for sure for them.

ever hear of "bandwagon"? Thats what this stadium created. A bunch of bandwagon jumpers. I only did one season in the UDEZ(where I had always sat)and we didn`t like it. The value was poor, and it`s still poor even at $50ea. We jumped off the support list after 27 years of NOTHING, and because it`s one of the worst 1.6 BILLION dollar pieces of shiit ever built in the history of mankind. If there had been PSLs in the UD, I would`ve probably bought 2 instead the 4 seats I always had. I would`ve sold them at a profit the following year because the stadium sucks as a whole now. All these new fans who jumped on the wagon are jumping off now. Only those 14,333 are stuck until they feel comfortable dumping their psls. Too bad for those who purchased the big ticket psls. They`ll never sell them at a profit. Long haul for sure for them.
    Not sure if you consider the LSL $10k PSLs "big ticket". But if you do, you couldn't be more wrong. I absolutely love the stadium. I've gone through the reasons many times before and don't feel like rehashing em now, but trust me, the experience is leaps and bounds above that POS blue n red stadium we called home.

Most in LSL and the surrounding areas would agree I imagine.

agree on all this. i took what i could get and got the hell out. at least i recouped more than half of my initial bad investment.

what have the nyjets won since they initiated the psl fee?

Quote Originally Posted by goarmysports View Post
    I've never had luck buying on that site. I've put in countless offers and have never received any contact back. I even matched a few listings and still no word back from the seller!
    Hey GoArmySports,

I got a PM from you but your account is not set up to accept PMs back. Email me at zeusarts@gmail.com about the PSLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Not sure if you consider the LSL $10k PSLs "big ticket". But if you do, you couldn't be more wrong. I absolutely love the stadium. I've gone through the reasons many times before and don't feel like rehashing em now, but trust me, the experience is leaps and bounds above that POS blue n red stadium we called home.

I agree. I like the new place much more than the old one. My seats are great, bathroom situation is a million times better, better food options (that I rarely take advantage of), better beer options (that I too frequently take advantage of), etc, etc

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I agree. I like the new place much more than the old one. My seats are great, bathroom situation is a million times better, better food options (that I rarely take advantage of), better beer options (that I too frequently take advantage of), etc, etc
    +3, now if could only get a team going.

No, I`m not. They are a moderate ticket and probably the best "investment" the stadium offers as far as selling goes. I`m sure the seats are great for watching too, but at $10k per seat x4 + another $1200+ x4 ? Not for every family of 4. I was talking more about the $30k psls + $700 per ticket. In other words, the best seats in the house, supposedly. I remember some guy outbid everyone for the 2 seats on the Jets side in the 1st. row on the 50 yd. line for $200k. He`s a lifer now because he ain`t gettin 1/10th. of that back.

No, I`m not. They are a moderate ticket and probably the best "investment" the stadium offers as far as selling goes. I`m sure the seats are great for watching too, but at $10k per seat x4 + another $1200+ x4 ? Not for every family of 4. I was talking more about the $30k psls + $700 per ticket. In other words, the best seats in the house, supposedly. I remember some guy outbid everyone for the 2 seats on the Jets side in the 1st. row on the 50 yd. line for $200k. He`s a lifer now because he ain`t gettin 1/10th. of that back.
    You may be right, but it's hard to judge value at some of the really high price levels. Let's say I want to buy a car. I can get a Honda for $20-30k or a Ferrari for $100k. For me, that leap is just too big. It's an extra significant zero considering my financial situation. But if you ask me for a penny, 5 cents, 50 cents, or a dollar, you can have any of those. Or all of those. It doesn't matter. It's inconsequential and effectively all the same to me.

Now let's take Oprah Winfrey. To our portly cordial friend O, since her net worth has several more zeroes than mine, to her buying that Ferrari instead of that Honda makes no difference in her financial picture. It's so small relative to what she has it makes no difference....the prices are effectively equal.

In summary, why the **** am I talking about Oprah and ferraris? I agree - the stadium is a big upgrade over the old place and the jets now just need to build a good team. Also, I need to go grab one of those good beers

Wrong.

The 14,333 PSL owners who occupy 55,000 seats aren't going anywhere and are anything but 'bandwagon'.

We paid big money for a 30 year ride, no one is getting off in Year 4, no one expected 30 years of 10-win foootball. In today's NFL, in a 30 year period you're lucky if you're playoff-caliber for 10 years, average with a chance to sneak in for 10 more, and suck for the last 10.

2013 is one of those 'suck' years. It happens. If you put every PSL owner in the upper deck (eww), it would look like that photo. Not a lot of Jets fans needed to stay loyal, stay the course, buy their tickets.

You are right about the carpetbagging upper deckers, but they don't count anyway. Let them stay home. No more Vietnam in the parking lots, no more unhygienic air in the seating bowl. Let the games be blacked out. Helps the PSL owners; higher resale that way.

SAR I

I could comment on each of the past 10 posts but I don't know how to do multi quotes.

As far as if the new stadium is better I think depends on your situation. For me I stayed in the upper deck and I think it's much worse. If you had the funds to move down then I'm sure you are happier and I'm not here to criticize how anyone spends their money just saying it depends on the person.

As far as people who bail on PSLs I don't think their is an "exodus" but there are more people than usual who may try to bail or want to sell their PSLs. I won't guess on how many none of us know for sure but I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people who try to default are under the age of 40. I know people of all ages with who have tickets in the upper deck or PSLs and the majority who want out are under 40. For myself I'm 32 and had seats since I was 11 but for a lot of people within 10 years of my age they have gotten them more recent. The ones who want to default on PSLs or upper deck either 1. Never experienced a losing season before or 2. looked at PSLs as a financial invesment and thought they could sell their tickets at a profit for every game and now realize that PSLs are an invesment to go with friends and family not for profit. There were also some people who bought them while they lived home with their parents and financed them and realized they don't want to live with mom and dad forever. Some financed two-four PSLs on their own figuring they'd find friends to go to games and pay for their seats and a bad season that doesn't happen as easily. Like I said I don't think there are a high number of defaults but more than usual and I'm not judgring what people buy because hey do what you want.

AGREED