Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Jets NOT raising ticket prices this season

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    If you like your current seats why change?

I don't have PSLs I'm in the upper deck but I'm not anti-PSLs either. I just go with my own views. I like my seats I had last season. I could do slightly better but I like the people around me and don't want to move. I also don't want to try to unload seats every week.

In your case you'd be keeping two sets of seats that aren't close to each other either. If you are confident you can sell them every week and don't mind the hassle then it's worth it.

I know others on here have re-sold their seats on a weekly basis and have turned a profit before last season.
    I know I've posted about this a bunch, so I apologize for being repetitive, but the only reason for me to go for the 142s is for a 6 seat upgrade over the ones I already have. I'm 6 off the aisle in the equivalent seats in 135, and I was originally looking for aisles. So, yes, it's stupid to be obsessing over this, but since I already spent so much time obsessing over Jets seats, what's another 50 posts?

But as I mentioned before, there's the chance there's a maniac over there in 142 which would negate the 6 seat upgrade. Also, as you point out, I'm not a ticket broker and am already very busy (job, kid, etc). And right now I only want 2 tickets. So I don't really want to have to sell or otherwise manage 2 more. On the third hand, 4 seats would probably be good a few years from now when the little dude gets older.

I think that's a succinct rehash of my situation. I just got my invoice (sans nice note from Woody, like yours). I'll probably forget about this for a week starting Monday. But a guy can dream, right?

Did anyone get the renewal info in the mail today?

I was shocked the first time I don't have a letter from Woody Johnson included. Instead it was just some pamphlet with all the prizes and a piece of paper with payment info.

I'll probably pay early. If I use SAR's season ticket assumption (14,333 season ticketholders) I have a 1 in 7 shot of winning a prize. I'll probably get a David Garrard football.
    I made an executive decision this week to go with economics and not emotion with regards to renewing. I am in the UD, 342 Row 17 for $75 per seat (2) but I really only want to see 1 PM starts. Don't need to p*ss $ money away on the 2 preseason games and I have no interest in 4 PM or the God awful 8:30 - 9 PM prime time starts. Plus I don't need to pay the extortion prices for parking for all 10 games. I went back and forth on this a lot, have been a Jet fan since '68 and will be for life. I have the resources and ability to write the check but economically it makes no sense. At one time I had season tickets for the Jets, Knicks and Mets. Knicks ST I will never give up. Mets and Jets have evolved to the point that I can do much better on the secondary market. I will be looking to purchase selected 1 PM games and parking on SH and from members on this thread. Looking forward to seeing the schedule come out on April 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I made an executive decision this week to go with economics and not emotion with regards to renewing. I am in the UD, 342 Row 17 for $75 per seat (2) but I really only want to see 1 PM starts. Don't need to p*ss $ money away on the 2 preseason games and I have no interest in 4 PM or the God awful 8:30 - 9 PM prime time starts. Plus I don't need to pay the extortion prices for parking for all 10 games. I went back and forth on this a lot, have been a Jet fan since '68 and will be for life. I have the resources and ability to write the check but economically it makes no sense. At one time I had season tickets for the Jets, Knicks and Mets. Knicks ST I will never give up. Mets and Jets have evolved to the point that I can do much better on the secondary market. I will be looking to purchase selected 1 PM games and parking on SH and from members on this thread. Looking forward to seeing the schedule come out on April 16.
    very wise decision. Cheers to you. Now if we can get the other 14,333 psl holders to do the same.

Jets Insider VIP
    342 is not a psl seat, genius

Talking

Did anyone get the renewal info in the mail today?
    I got mine yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    very wise decision. Cheers to you. Now if we can get the other 14,333 psl holders to do the same.
    Shouldn't you be down in DC at the gay marriage rallies?

Shouldn't you be down in DC at the gay marriage rallies?
    only you would know that takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    342 is not a psl seat, genius
    exactly why the # stands at 14,333 and not 14, 332. Genius. Shouldn`t you be crying foul to the mods about someone you want banned? You`re such a dweeb even at your old age.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    I got mine yesterday
    Now that is a renewal I wouldn't mind getting.....

March 2013 PSL Sales Data

Mar-13 2 Mezzanine End Zone A 206 5 -- $5,000 $2,500
    Mar-13 4 Lower Level End Zone 101 32 -- $3,500 $875
    Mar-13 5 Touchdown Club Sideline 240 3 -- $20,100 $4,020
    Mar-13 4 Lower Level Sideline 143 2 -- $26,000 $6,500
    Mar-13 4 Mezzanine End Zone A 223 3 -- $6,500 $1,625
    Mar-13 2 Touchdown Club Corner 244 2 -- $3,400 $1,700
    Mar-13 2 Lower Level End Zone 101 30 -- $1,000 $500
    Mar-13 6 Lower Level End Zone 128 20 & 21 -- $4,000 $667

Biggest Surprise of month were a block of six end zone seats gong for 4k. Usually a block of seats gets marked up.

Also the Touchdown Club corner was a really good deal. 244 is a good section and it is row 2. Worst case you are out $3,400

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Guess the Knicks are your favorite team if you're willing to go to a plethora of night games for them, but not one or two for the Jets.

Either way, it's your decision and your life. You could probably come back and get better seats next season after this upcoming 6-10 or worse season.

If I had 300's I'd be keeping my seats, because they're damn cheap, but to each their own. I am still wavering on defaulting myself with my PSL's. Will probably come back for another go around though. I'm a martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Guess the Knicks are your favorite team if you're willing to go to a plethora of night games for them, but not one or two for the Jets.

Either way, it's your decision and your life. You could probably come back and get better seats next season after this upcoming 6-10 or worse season.

If I had 300's I'd be keeping my seats, because they're damn cheap, but to each their own. I am still wavering on defaulting myself with my PSL's. Will probably come back for another go around though. I'm a martyr.
    There is not a long shelf life for defaulting. Once 2-3 more PSL payments are made unless you bought in last two years you pretty much own them. Your only choice is not to renew seats once you own them. Not really a default.

I own my PSL seats so my choice is just not to renew.

I would love if Jets gave out a stat of what percent of PSLs are fully paid off

Jets Insider VIP
    I read somewhere that more than 65 percent are fully paid off

another 25 percent only have 2-3 more payments to make on 5 year financing. Only about 10 percent of PSL owners where dumb enough to take 15 year financing at 8 percent interest rates

Not willing to go to a lot of games with the Knicks either... If I go to a dozen, it's a lot. Difference between Jets and Knicks is if I don't go I can flip the Knicks tickets for a sizable profit where with the Jet's tickets I can't. I can still be a big Jet's fan in front of my TV and I always will be. And of course I don't blame the Jet's for the PSLs or the PS games that I p*ss away each year at full face value - it's the NFL! Hey, to your point it all depends on the product on the field and supply and demand. If the Jet's had the Patriots or even the Giants recent success we'd all be laughing and scratching that we are Jet's season ticket holders. Once the Jets are relevant again I will be back in! In the meantime if I want to go see the Jets at 1 PM on a Sunday, I can on the secondary market. Couldn't do that years ago.
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 04-10-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Knicks tickets sell for a fortune. I have a friend who has attended 15 games for free and brought a friend for free plus made a few hundred based off the other games he sold.

My 300 level Jets tickets cost more than your old lower level seats from the old stadium. I am keeping mine but the "cheap" seats are near the top of the place at $50 and you would need a helicopter.

BTW I know you'll never give up your tickets just like I won't. When we are pissed we discuss it but giving up Jets tickets is like giving up sex with hot 22 year old girls. Who does that?

Knicks tickets sell for a fortune. I have a friend who has attended 15 games for free and brought a friend for free plus made a few hundred based off the other games he sold.

My 300 level Jets tickets cost more than your old lower level seats from the old stadium. I am keeping mine but the "cheap" seats are near the top of the place at $50 and you would need a helicopter.

BTW I know you'll never give up your tickets just like I won't. When we are pissed we discuss it but giving up Jets tickets is like giving up sex with hot 22 year old girls. Who does that?
    Brady and most male giant fans. Anderson Cooper I think too.

I got section 343 Row 17 seats at $50 bucks each. I think that is a great price, plus guranteed no one will sit in front of me. Row 16 is $75 bucks.

but giving up Jets tickets is like giving up sex with hot 22 year old girls. Who does that?
    Post of the millennium. You gotta be kidding right? You seriously don`t compare going to Jets games with having sex with any female at any age, do you? Jets games were for getting piss drunk, peeing on BMWs, cursing in public, instigating fist fights, lighting fires, grilling animals and watching grown male millionaires in tight pants groping each other. A seriously huge difference from having sex with females. I`m not curious but maybe others here are. Does it compare to having homosexual sex by any chance? I`m sure you can enlighten those who may want to know.

JetsInsider.com Legend

No one. Especially those who are 48 and drive German luxury cars.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Post of the millennium. You gotta be kidding right? You seriously don`t compare going to Jets games with having sex with any female at any age, do you? Jets games were for getting piss drunk, peeing on BMWs, cursing in public, instigating fist fights, lighting fires, grilling animals and watching grown male millionaires in tight pants groping each other. A seriously huge difference from having sex with females. I`m not curious but maybe others here are. Does it compare to having homosexual sex by any chance? I`m sure you can enlighten those who may want to know.
    I'm talking about things you would never give up. Just like you'll never give up on thinking you can convince people to stop watching football and go fish.

I have a pretty diverse group of tailgaters they all get along pretty well. Money is never really discussed and no one really brings their high end cars to a football stadium.

I understand you miss the days of the mid 1990s when Vito from Oysta Bay was in his zubaz Jets fans and pizza stained Namath jersey and Frankie from Park Ridge was there rocking a mullet and drinking a case of Budweiser and bringing a flask of scotch into the stadium.