Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets NOT raising ticket prices this season

Jets Insider VIP
    When do we have to pay for the season tix? Are there any "earlier payer discounts" like last year when I remember they gave something like a 5 or 10% discount if you paid immediately?

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Not to be nosey but did you have a payment plan? I always just paid mine in full. I'm wondering if those are they only people who got it.
    Can't remember but think I had them take a series of payments last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    If a broker already got his hands on these seats they must be a good value.
    There are very few "value" seats in the upper deck. Not only that brokers usually get a discount on tickets. They will buy a block of say 500 tickets in the upper deck so the Jets will give them a sweet deal.

Ever gone on ebay? You can see tons of tickets listed by brokers and then the same exact tickets on stubhub and ticket exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    When do we have to pay for the season tix? Are there any "earlier payer discounts" like last year when I remember they gave something like a 5 or 10% discount if you paid immediately?
    From the newsletter they put up on their website all it said was 2,013 prizes for early payment the sooner you pay the greater your chances of winning.

However I still can't log into my account and on the page where I log in it says go to renew.newyorkjets.com to see what prizes are offered and it's last years renewal forms and videos.

I was told that invoices will be available in 2 - 2 1/2 weeks.

http://renew.newyorkjets.com/

This is last year, but it is supposed to be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    There are no definite discounts.

According to the website, the sooner you pay for your tickets, the sooner you're in the running for one of 2,013 gifts, which could include Super Bowl tickets (probably all for Club'ers), half off parking, food/drink discounts, etc.

You can either pay in four ACH payments on April 15, June 17, July 15 and August 15 or you can pay in full on May 15.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It happens.

If you look at any franchise over a 30 year period, if you're lucky, you get 10 years of awesomeness, 10 years of averageness, 10 years of suck. Not necessarily concurrent, but that's what you pray for. 20 years of a decent shot at glory, 10 years where you have to hit the skids.

The good news for this season is we have a very tasty home schedule:

Steelers, Saints, Raiders, Patriots, Dolphins

I'm not sure where your seats are, but the worse the Jets are the MORE money we get for these tickets from fans of opposing teams who would love a trip to New York and a guaranteed win.

I myself bought seats for just this type of nuclear season, a Bomb Shelter that'll get me to break-even or make a few bucks. If you have seats that are desirable to opposing fans and a location that is an affordable value due to Club seat adjacency, you're okay. I'm going to sell all my seats nice and early, as soon as the schedule is announced, so that some ticket broker in Pittsburgh who's organizing a hotel/airfare package will have time to pay me top dollar. Then, on gamedays, I'll scoop up tickets on StubHub right at the deadline. Should get $500+ for my seats, will spend $100 on someone else's.

SAR I
    Well I gotta say....that sounds like one hell of an idea.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Instead of charging it last year (to get the cash back), I allowed the Jets to spread my tickets over 4 months by direct deposit out of my checking. Since there is no bonus for paying like that, I will pay in full and take the 2% cash back.
    Same here, goes on the AMEX card, accumulate points towards flights, hotels, etc.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Same here, goes on the AMEX card, accumulate points towards flights, hotels, etc.

SAR I
    I have my PSL paid in full. But to be honest anyone who defaulted or is thinking of defaulting on a PSL payment is nuts to do it out of bank account, imagine giving them permission to withdrawl from your accounts and giving them all your account numbers. Also credit cards are dicey.

I bet scalpers who bought PSLs did it on-line and paid via money order.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I have my PSL paid in full. But to be honest anyone who defaulted or is thinking of defaulting on a PSL payment is nuts to do it out of bank account, imagine giving them permission to withdrawl from your accounts and giving them all your account numbers. Also credit cards are dicey.

the few friends of mine that have defaulted on there psl's, the first thing they all did was close there bank accounts that the jets had on record. they were all on the ach payment plans. so the jets couldnt try and withdrawl the money.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    the few friends of mine that have defaulted on there psl's, the first thing they all did was close there bank accounts that the jets had on record. they were all on the ach payment plans. so the jets couldnt try and withdrawl the money.
    You owe it to the Jets to turn them in.

We cannot compete for a Super Bowl without financial support from the fanbase. What they are doing is bad for the team, shockingly disloyal, they can't even claim to be Jets fans.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    sad

Not necessary. Even if you owe money, you have to authorize an ACH or any charge on a credit card. Just because a creditor has your bank account info doesn't allow them to withdraw funds unless you directly authorize the release out of that account.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    sad
    Sad? More like smart. No one cares who a Jets fan is. Every one who isn`t a Jets fan, laughs at those who are. It`s about the money to the Jets and should be the same to the fans. Save yourselves from the evil Woody and you`ll feel better. If you can screw him somehow, the feeling will probably be inexplicable.

FYI - I was able to upgrade my seats today from Row 22 to Row 17 in 342 for the same price of $75 per seat. Row ahead of me and across aisle are paying 40% more at $105. Very content with the value considering everything. Decent sight line - TV side of the field - near the stairs where I exit. Will go on Craigslist for Green Parking Passes so I am in and out! For those of you not interested in second mortgaging the house, they had some in 343 for $50. Still a decent view and even closer to the exit stairs.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

1) Amex has great customer service. If you challenge an unauthorized charge, they are very good at making the vendor "proove it."

2) some Citibank cards have a great feature. Citi will create a 1 time virtual credit card number for Internet/mail order orders.while the merchant has you name and address, they can't misuse the credit card number.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    FYI - I was able to upgrade my seats today from Row 22 to Row 17 in 342 for the same price of $75 per seat. Row ahead of me and across aisle are paying 40% more at $105. Very content with the value considering everything. Decent sight line - TV side of the field - near the stairs where I exit. Will go on Craigslist for Green Parking Passes so I am in and out! For those of you not interested in second mortgaging the house, they had some in 343 for $50. Still a decent view and even closer to the exit stairs.
    That is great - congrats! Sounds like a really good deal, and good on the Jets for supporting this.

I asked about an upgrade yesterday. To be fair I'm only 6 seats off the aisle in the LSL at an elevation I like, so there aren't many other seats I'd like to be in. I was told there wasn't anything available in my section or 142.

So I'm either standing pat or may still consider those secondary market seats I post about like every other week

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Sad? More like smart. No one cares who a Jets fan is. Every one who isn`t a Jets fan, laughs at those who are. It`s about the money to the Jets and should be the same to the fans. Save yourselves from the evil Woody and you`ll feel better. If you can screw him somehow, the feeling will probably be inexplicable.
    No sad, that people don't live up to what they sign up for wether it be a seat, or a contract in marriage the list is endless. You will first be speaking spanish and then Arabic someday, maybe Arabic first.

Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    Not necessary. Even if you owe money, you have to authorize an ACH or any charge on a credit card. Just because a creditor has your bank account info doesn't allow them to withdraw funds unless you directly authorize the release out of that account.
    If you paid in ACH payments last season the Jets will AUTOMATICALLY take the money out of your account on April 15, June 17, July 15 and August 15 because you already authorized them to do so last season. They don't need to ask you again. Unless you call the Jets and tell them you'd like to pay in another way or close the bank account, the money will come out.