Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets NOT raising ticket prices this season

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Wrong.

The 14,333 PSL owners who occupy 55,000 seats aren't going anywhere and are anything but 'bandwagon'.

We paid big money for a 30 year ride, no one is getting off in Year 4, no one expected 30 years of 10-win foootball. In today's NFL, in a 30 year period you're lucky if you're playoff-caliber for 10 years, average with a chance to sneak in for 10 more, and suck for the last 10.

2013 is one of those 'suck' years. It happens. If you put every PSL owner in the upper deck (eww), it would look like that photo. Not a lot of Jets fans needed to stay loyal, stay the course, buy their tickets.

You are right about the carpetbagging upper deckers, but they don't count anyway. Let them stay home. No more Vietnam in the parking lots, no more unhygienic air in the seating bowl. Let the games be blacked out. Helps the PSL owners; higher resale that way.

SAR I
    Hold on tight, it's coming.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post

Hold on tight, it's coming.
    I'm good with that on two fronts:

1. Humiliation is a great motivator for an owner; just ask Leon Hess circa 1996.

2. Blackouts force disloyal, quitter season-ticket-holders to pay money.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    2. Blackouts force disloyal, quitter season-ticket-holders to pay money.

SAR I
    Not all. I`m sure of at least one ex-fan who would be thrilled with the blackouts since he wouldn`t spend another dime on this team(aside from whatever portion of the cable bill goes to the NFL).

Be careful what you wish for though. Blackouts on Jets games may be the norm in the future around here. Lots of corporations who advertise with the Jets will easily drop those adverts and switch to the Giants. Money is money and loyalty means shiit to them. This isn`t Miami or Buffalo where those corporations need their averts viewed because it`s a one horse town. Second fiddle rarely gets played. Remember that. The Jets will always be second fiddle around here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Not all. I`m sure of at least one ex-fan who would be thrilled with the blackouts since he wouldn`t spend another dime on this team(aside from whatever portion of the cable bill goes to the NFL).

Be careful what you wish for though. Blackouts on Jets games may be the norm in the future around here. Lots of corporations who advertise with the Jets will easily drop those adverts and switch to the Giants. Money is money and loyalty means shiit to them. This isn`t Miami or Buffalo where those corporations need their averts viewed because it`s a one horse town. Second fiddle rarely gets played. Remember that. The Jets will always be second fiddle around here.
    And why does any of this matter to me?

I have my seats, I'm very happy, blackouts mean nothing to me. As far as this second fiddle nonsense, that's something you do to yourself. As long as you want to walk around thinking that people think that way about you and your team, you go right ahead. It's a very blue-collar thing to do. White-collar people walk around thinking they are great, and that they are second fiddle to no one. That's why we drive BMWs and have the best seats in the house.

Remember that.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And why does any of this matter to me?

I have my seats, I'm very happy, blackouts mean nothing to me. As far as this second fiddle nonsense, that's something you do to yourself. As long as you want to walk around thinking that people think that way about you and your team, you go right ahead. It's a very blue-collar thing to do. White-collar people walk around thinking they are great, and that they are second fiddle to no one. That's why we drive BMWs and have the best seats in the house.

Remember that.

SAR I
    Classic!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackouts will never happen in this area. Not only that if you root for blackouts you aren't much of a man. Men watch football on Sundays whether it's at the bars, on their couch, at the stadium, or in a parking lot. The only males root for no football have boyfriends.

I think PSL, upper deck, couch potatoes, stubhub cherry pickers can probably all agree on this.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone gotten their invoice for tickets yet?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    Has anyone gotten their invoice for tickets yet?
    Shh.

The more players we lose and the worse we draft, the lower the prices will be.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I havent received anything regarding season tickets this year via email or mail yet. Anybody receive anything yet?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I havent received anything regarding season tickets this year via email or mail yet. Anybody receive anything yet?
    the only thing i keep getting are the dumb surveys. just got another one yesterday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No price increase.

STH who selected 4 ACH instalments last season will have them again this year with first payment beginning April 15

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What sg3 said.

If you paid in full last season, no, you haven't gotten your bill yet - but it is coming. You will be asked to pay in full by May 15. The bills should be out to everyone this upcoming week, at latest the following week. You'll have them before April 15 so you have a month to prepare.

If you paid in 4 ACH payments last year you would have already received an e-mail notifying you that you were automatically re-signed to this, and unless you call and ask for a change, they will begin to take money out of that same account on April 15, followed by three more installments on June 17, July 15 and August 15.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    White-collar people walk around thinking they are great, and that they are second fiddle to no one.
    SAR I
    and yet you fool no one but yourself.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Blackouts will never happen in this area. Not only that if you root for blackouts you aren't much of a man. Men watch football on Sundays whether it's at the bars, on their couch, at the stadium, or in a parking lot. The only males root for no football have boyfriends.

I think PSL, upper deck, couch potatoes, stubhub cherry pickers can probably all agree on this.
    again, not all men. Real men realize cheering for sports teams is gay. Most men will go fishing(not listening to the band Phish), work on side projects or do more productive things, then watch the later games and hopefully it ain`t the pathetic Jets. When the Jets play the way they have been, the tv gets turned off rather quickly or they watch another game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

I hope the guy next to me bails so I can grab his two seats at a bargain price. Family of 6, getting tough to make 4 seats work. My kids have friends, soon girlfriends too. I don't want to be the one watching on TV because the family forces me out.

SAR I
    Sar,
    I am facing this now with my 17 year old daughter.....she wants to take her friends and use my three seats. You'd be surprised how much kids still love going to games. Even the typical jaded teenager.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoltsch View Post
    Sar,
    I am facing this now with my 17 year old daughter.....she wants to take her friends and use my three seats. You'd be surprised how much kids still love going to games. Even the typical jaded teenager.
    It's true, and it's something I'm very proud of- sure you are too. That we raised kids who love the game, love the Jets, and want to keep on the family tradition.

Then again, your daughter and her friends might be in it for the cute rich boys with well-to-do white collar parents who populate the Club, but hey, we can dream.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think my rep said the invoices should be showing in our online accounts by April 1st.

I'm officially a PSl holder with the Jets but I decided to go through the secondary market to get them. Can't wait to move to the lower bowl after spending the first few seasons in the 300 level. I felt it was it a good time to buy in.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    again, not all men. Real men realize cheering for sports teams is gay. Most men will go fishing(not listening to the band Phish), work on side projects or do more productive things, then watch the later games and hopefully it ain`t the pathetic Jets. When the Jets play the way they have been, the tv gets turned off rather quickly or they watch another game.
    So you had a change of heart and after 25 years decided you want to fish? You live in Elmwood Park that's not the wilderness. Where is there to fish there and who does that in the fall? Are you one of those idiots that I see ice fishing in 50 degree temps that falls thru the ice?

I do projects around my place on Saturdays during football season and Sunday it's a day of tailgating and football. I guess you prefer to watch Desperate Housewives of NJ instead. Your poor kids a dad who hasn't come out of the closet yet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    kids and teenagers want excitement and an overall good time these days. unless they are rooting against the nyjets they wont get it at metlife anytime soon.

im sure they would prefer if psls and ticket money went towards other things like a new audi, mercedes,mall trips,college tuition,spring break trips,electronics the finer things in life.