Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets NOT raising ticket prices this season

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    For cheapskates who want to have good seats, I would say lower level touchdown corners on visitors side towards LGL in secondary market at a big discount are a good deal. You own private ground level entrance, cheap tickets and in secondary not much more than LLEZ and a lot less hassel and crowds and no escalators
    I agree. Some people think that any type of value analysis is an attempt to denigrate a seating choice.

If someone goes to every single game and could care less about resale or the value of the PSL, they should buy what they want and can afford - then forget about it.

But, most of us do care about getting a decent deal and getting value for our money. Because I have a 2.5 year old and another one the way, I have considered getting seats in the family section. The view isn't that bad and a family friendly atmosphere for our kids (my Jets friend has young kids) would be nice. But, the $2500 PSL is simply to much. The bargain basement PSL's on the 2nd market are enticing, but the ticket price remains too high. If I ever had to sell, we couldn't get FV.

For long term fans, the low cost PSL's on the 2nd market represent a great opportunity. While the Jets will likely suck next year, the rebuilding plan seems well thought out and might actually work. In 2-3 years, when the Jets are very competitive, that $1,000 per seat PSL in the LLEZ is going to look brilliant. That $3,000 PSL in LGL is going to be a great deal.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought mine through the Jets directly last summer...did I get a great deal? Nope...but I did get the option to finance (which I took, but plan on paying it down quicker) and springsteen tix (which I sold to cover my parking for the year) For me, it was less risk and I got seats I like (though I'm considering upgrading) in the llez at 4k but close to the next section. Resale? not too concerned because right now I'm not selling them, I'm going to the games. Also, by going through the Jets, I got to take a private tour of the stadium and really look at what seats I wanted. Those secondary prices do not allow financing and charge an additional 5% + 2.9% if you want to use a credit card. So, financially, I didn't do as well as I could have but I did make myself happy. wow, that was a ramble

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone get their invoices yet? If so, do they have the same deals as last year if you pay in full (half off parking, concession vouchers, autographed merchandise)?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    Anyone get their invoices yet? If so, do they have the same deals as last year if you pay in full (half off parking, concession vouchers, autographed merchandise)?
    No.

The sooner you pay, the better you have a chance in winning one of 2,013 (get it?) prizes, but they are not a sure thing. The prizes include half off parking, food coupons, signed merchandise (probably by Mark Sanchez, Vernon Gholston and the seven defensive starters we've lost via FA) and Super Bowl tickets (yeah, like anyone other than Club holders will have a chance at those).

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Wow!!! Guy just lowered his LLS seats in 116 to $5750 each - lowest offer by far for LLS - row 26 - seats 3 & 4 which are near the aisle across from Lower Level Sideline Select.
    Guy just lowered these again to $5500 each. Looks like he is desperate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great, my $20k investment in 2 seats in row 4 is skyrocketing in the wrong direction... and I paid $30k but they refunded 5 each.

These are great frickin seats. Take them, seriously!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Great, my $20k investment in 2 seats in row 4 is skyrocketing in the wrong direction... and I paid $30k but they refunded 5 each.

These are great frickin seats. Take them, seriously!
    High row seats in 116 are $145 face. Preseason you are lucky to get $45 each so you are really paying $170 a game. Now if you are selling even with the 10% fee you need to get $187 a game to break even.

When those seats were originally 10K, you could get around $275-$300 a regular season game for those seats. Right now you would be lucky to get $175 to $200 a game.

The future value of the income stream from those seats have fallen and the price of the seats have also fallen.

Also 3/30's of stadium life is gone.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    When invoices come out I bet seats like Mezz B will fall as low as $300 a PSL. Honestly, if Mezz B became super cheap I might actually buy a covered pair.

No profit on the resale. Just nice to have a nice covered pair to use on bad days or when I sell my LL seats for big games.

Mezz B became worthless once good UD Sideline seats opened up.

Think about it section 343 row 17 is only $50 bucks a seat, who is buying PSLs at $2,500 to site in basically UD EZ (Mez B) with a $125 ticket price.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    High row seats in 116 are $145 face. Preseason you are lucky to get $45 each so you are really paying $170 a game. Now if you are selling even with the 10% fee you need to get $187 a game to break even.

When those seats were originally 10K, you could get around $275-$300 a regular season game for those seats. Right now you would be lucky to get $175 to $200 a game.

The future value of the income stream from those seats have fallen and the price of the seats have also fallen.

Also 3/30's of stadium life is gone.
    I have seats in 110 row 23, while its true the preseason games don't net much. I've done very well selling regular season seats. Better the 1st two years, but have sold games from 225-300 last year. Nothing less than that.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    On what site are these for sale on?

I'm currently a season ticket holder in the $50 seats but I've been looking to purchase two psl seats but not from the Jets.

Let me know!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by goarmysports View Post
    On what site are these for sale on?

I'm currently a season ticket holder in the $50 seats but I've been looking to purchase two psl seats but not from the Jets.

Let me know!
    I have 2 in 129, row 29. $2500 originally, would sell for 1500 a piece now.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    I have seats in 110 row 23, while its true the preseason games don't net much. I've done very well selling regular season seats. Better the 1st two years, but have sold games from 225-300 last year. Nothing less than that.
    If you paid 10K for the PSLs and a 20 year stadium life that adds on like $40 a ticket. I dont count preseason.

So you need $217 to break even. The new guy needs like $197 to break even.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    I have 2 in 129, row 29. $2500 originally, would sell for 1500 a piece now.

These are for sale, last row of Mezz B, covered and you cant stand all game and food and bathroom right behind seats.

If I took two kids to games, these are not so bad, and guy says make an offer.

If I got these four for like $1,500 total. This is what a new season ticket holder might buy over LLEZ.

Better for kids. I think seat like this will put pricing pressure on Mezz A.

Unless I am in first few rows or on an aisle in Mezz A I dont see how it is worth that much more.

Plus since folks paid 4k for Mezz A they are much less likely to price tickets real cheap.

My friend for instance who bought Mezz B when it was 4k put down $400 a seat, when reduced to $2,500 his balance fell to $2,100, he made a few payments already so he would easily take like $1,200 a seat. Folks in Mezz A never got that $1,500 price reduction so they are more sticky in price.
    39740 4
    Mezzanine End Zone B 203B 18 17 - 20 All $438 $1,750

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are for sale, last row of Mezz B, covered and you cant stand all game and food and bathroom right behind seats.

If I took two kids to games, these are not so bad, and guy says make an offer.

If I got these four for like $1,500 total. This is what a new season ticket holder might buy over LLEZ.

Better for kids. I think seat like this will put pricing pressure on Mezz A.

Unless I am in first few rows or on an aisle in Mezz A I dont see how it is worth that much more.

Plus since folks paid 4k for Mezz A they are much less likely to price tickets real cheap.

My friend for instance who bought Mezz B when it was 4k put down $400 a seat, when reduced to $2,500 his balance fell to $2,100, he made a few payments already so he would easily take like $1,200 a seat. Folks in Mezz A never got that $1,500 price reduction so they are more sticky in price.
    39740 4
    Mezzanine End Zone B 203B 18 17 - 20 All $438 $1,750
    personally, i like my seats over last row under cover, but i see your point. i was under cover in Giants Stadium and thought i'd miss it in the new place. but i like the open air more. i'm listing them today. will let you guys know if anyone takes them. listing them for 1400.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    personally, i like my seats over last row under cover, but i see your point. i was under cover in Giants Stadium and thought i'd miss it in the new place. but i like the open air more. i'm listing them today. will let you guys know if anyone takes them. listing them for 1400.
    why are you selling. Those are decent seats, now is the worst time to sell.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    On what sites do people usually list the psls since the Jets don't have their own marketplace?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    why are you selling. Those are decent seats, now is the worst time to sell.
    1. my tailgate crew used to be 20+ for every game. now we're lucky to have 3 tailgates per season. that was a huge part of why i liked going to games.
    2. i don't care to deal with the hassle of listing games i can't attend on stubhub. and last year i lost $500 a seat on that, so i'm happy to just stop that faucet now. selling the season as a whole and living to fight another day is only a slightly less bad proposition.
    3. since i bought the PSLs, i've gotten married, had a baby, and moved to Long Island. my couch got a lot more appealing, especially for 4pm and 8pm games.
    4. i can buy tickets on stubhub whenever i want to go to a game.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    On what sites do people usually list the psls since the Jets don't have their own marketplace?
    i did stadiumpsl.com

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    i did stadiumpsl.com
    I've never had luck buying on that site. I've put in countless offers and have never received any contact back. I even matched a few listings and still no word back from the seller!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    seasonticketrights is largest site