Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets NOT raising ticket prices this season

Jets NOT raising ticket prices this season

Brian Costello‏@BrianCoz
    Jets are not raising any ticket prices, lowering some, per AP

Veteran
    they should lower them all and do away with the PSLs. it's a travesty of a team their going to put in that stadium next season.

2013 Ticket Prices Remain Flat

Posted 29 minutes ago

By Jets Media Relations Department

Team Launches New Early Renewal Prize Program

The New York Jets announced today that ticket pricing will remain flat in 2013 and that they will be lowering the prices on about 5,000 seats combined for season ticket holders in the 300-level and in the clubs at MetLife Stadium for their games in the 2013 season ahead.

The Jets also are announcing a renewal sweepstakes with 2,013 prizes being awarded for early renewal of season tickets. The earlier fans renew, the more times they will be eligible to win prizes. Prizes include autographed items, concert tickets, meet and greets with players and coaches and two Super Bowl tickets. The season ticket payment deadline is May 15.

"Our pricing is remaining unchanged for the coming season, with a few exceptions," team president Neil Glat said. "After taking a look at the entire bowl, we decided to adjust certain prices to improve the value for fans, especially for season ticket holders."

The Jets are adjusting the prices of about 3,000 seats in the 300 level, currently priced at $75, to $50 for season ticket holders, based on the success of last year's sales in the upper level. They are also adjusting the prices for 1,800 seats in the Lexus & Chase Clubs and for about 350 seats in the Coaches Club.

A portion of the Coaches Club is being converted to the new Lower Prime Club. Seats in this area that are currently priced at $700 will be adjusted to $255 for season ticket holders, with all Coaches Club PSLs remaining unchanged. Those affected seats will now have access to Lexus and Chase Clubs.

All of the adjustments below are effective immediately and will be reflected in season ticket holder invoices. Season ticket holders who are currently sitting in a price-adjusted area will also receive the savings and the first opportunity to relocate or add seats.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...8-ef48c86219c2
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-15-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They are offering opening day packages right now.

2 tickets, free parking, and $250 in concessions that can be used for beer only. The package is $30 for the pair.

Imagine if woody raised ticket prices this year. Can you just imagine that? God he makes my blood boil.

Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    Imagine if woody raised ticket prices this year. Can you just imagine that? God he makes my blood boil.
    This season could be one the best things that has ever happened to this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    This season could be one the best things that has ever happened to this franchise.
    or by far the worst

Hall Of Fame
    The free market at work.

kind of ironic they will be putting a worse product on the field in a worse economy at the same price and think it is a great deal

with that being said I have gone for over 30 years as a ticket holder and will be there every game next year as well

it is my choice to waste my money

I honestly don't know what to make of the fire sale going on right now. It seems to me that Izdik is following the "Sandy Alderson" method. Hopefully this team will be completely rebuilt in a few years without Rex Ryan and the stink he left on the New York Jets name.

Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    kind of ironic they will be putting a worse product on the field in a worse economy at the same price and think it is a great deal

with that being said I have gone for over 30 years as a ticket holder and will be there every game next year as well

it is my choice to waste my money
    This is my 5th year and it kind of burns me to dump hard earned money on a team that's bound to win at most 4-5 games next year. I know that you have to know what you're getting yourself into when you sign on the line with these PSL's but in 2010, did we think we'd be where we are at now?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    This is my 5th year and it kind of burns me to dump hard earned money on a team that's bound to win at most 4-5 games next year. I know that you have to know what you're getting yourself into when you sign on the line with these PSL's but in 2010, did we think we'd be where we are at now?
    At some point, it was bound to happen. At least it appears that they are clearing out the dead wood/mistakes as quickly as possible. Once that is complete, they will have a good chance at improving the team quickly.

The 49ers, Redskins and Texans were all 6-10 in 2010. The Broncos were 4-12. All of them made the playoffs last year. Only the Texans had their current QB starting.

IMHO - the worst thing that the Jets could have done was try to patch up the team with bad contracts for guys who won't contribute when the team is better.

By next year: Sanchez - gone, Holmes - Gone, Harris - Gone, Revis - Gone, Edwards - Gone. Only Revis is a loss.

With all that money, they can invest in OL to protect the young QB the Jets will bring in and to create holes for the young RB they will draft. They can bolster the depleted WR/TE corps with real playmakers.

I predict that the Jets:
    1) Draft a QB in rounds 2-4 this year. If not, next year for sure.
    2) Draft a RB in rounds 2-4
    3) Draft a stud defensive player or offensive player in the first round
    4) Dump Revis for picks which will be invested in talent upgrades at 2 positions
    5) Use what little cap room the Jets have this year to bring in guys with "upside" but very little risk. Speedy, big WR's that need a new home.

Bottom Line: the Jets have to find a starting QB in the next 2 years - Period!! If that happens, everything will fall into place. If not, they will be the Cleveland Browns.

Guess club seats are a tough sell...at least no increases....wonder how low the club seats are going to go for? might make for an interesting upgrade from lower endzone.

Continue to screw over the fans who made a 30 year commitment to you while helping out those who can leave at the drop of a hat. Understood that it's there right, but it doesn't make it right.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Continue to screw over the fans who made a 30 year commitment to you while helping out those who can leave at the drop of a hat. Understood that it's there right, but it doesn't make it right.
    That is simply wrong.

The UD seats have turned out to have no demand. To sell those seats, the Jets are adjusting prices and allowing the "common man" to buy tickets at a more reasonable price - that is a GOOD. If I was just starting out in life, I would love to have the opportunity to get tickets at a more reasonable price.

The Club Seats were overpriced from the start. The Jets, recognizing the problem, are lowering prices in hopes of allowing people to upgrade into those sections - that is a GOOD. Not a single fan was harmed by this move.

As a non-Club PSL owner, I would have liked a price decrease. But, they didn't do that b/c seats in my area continue to sell out. That suggest the pricing in my section LLEZ is consistent with demand. I doubt that the Jets get 10 fans from the LLEZ who want to give up their seats to move to the "cheap" seats in the UD. Although I won't move into those club seats, I am hoping someone with seats in a section I do want to will. If so, I will upgrade to better seats.

Bottom Line: Some fans get lower pricing. Nobody sees higher pricing. People who want better seats have a shot to get them at a lower price.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 03-15-2013 at 02:21 PM.

"The Club Seats were overpriced from the start. The Jets, recognizing the problem, are lowering prices in hopes of allowing people to upgrade into those sections - that is a GOOD. Not a single fan was harmed by this move".

Not true. Club Prime and Club Goal line "flanker seats" Four sections closest to endzone took ticket price cuts today.

I see on PSL websites some folks in last year sold their PSLs at a huge discount as who wants seats with such a huge ticket price. Guess what folks who bought them got a steal.

In fact if one had balls I see folks on PSL websites still have old prices listed, today would be a good day to buy.

What about folks one over on aisle in club sections, paying an extra $150 a ticket.

My favorite, what about schmuck in Coaches Club row 14 paying $700 a seat while guy behind him pays $250 a seat.

Jets have some row 17 seats open in cheap sections closest to 50 if you want to move. Honestly, section 343 row 17 at $50 bucks is a pretty good price considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    "The Club Seats were overpriced from the start. The Jets, recognizing the problem, are lowering prices in hopes of allowing people to upgrade into those sections - that is a GOOD. Not a single fan was harmed by this move".

Not true. Club Prime and Club Goal line "flanker seats" Four sections closest to endzone took ticket price cuts today.

I see on PSL websites some folks in last year sold their PSLs at a huge discount as who wants seats with such a huge ticket price. Guess what folks who bought them got a steal.

In fact if one had balls I see folks on PSL websites still have old prices listed, today would be a good day to buy.

What about folks one over on aisle in club sections, paying an extra $150 a ticket.

My favorite, what about schmuck in Coaches Club row 14 paying $700 a seat while guy behind him pays $250 a seat.

Jets have some row 17 seats open in cheap sections closest to 50 if you want to move. Honestly, section 343 row 17 at $50 bucks is a pretty good price considering.
    how much are club goal line and club corner seats now? (are they the ones that got reduced?

I'm pissed my seats stayed the same but a few rows back are dropped to $50.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

My point was that Club seats in general were overpriced. By lowering the ticket price in some sections (presumably b/c they couldn't sell the PSL at all), they took action to move the seats w/o lowering the price of the PSL. As I understand it, if I were to upgrade into one of the Club Sections, I would pay the same PSL as the guy next to me and both of us would get the benefit of cheaper seats. (Of course, the secondary market for PSL's would probably be the better way to upgrade).

The Great Hall issue is going to be interesting.
    - I would bet serious money that anyone with a PSL in a seat that no longer has Great Hall access will be given the option of moving back into a "Great Hall" section. They will keep that guy (probably a corporation that uses the tickets for entertainment and needs the Great Hall) happy at all cost. If you are willing to pay $700 per seat to get into the Great Hall, the Jets will find a way to take your money.

- If you are in a Great Hall section and want a lower ticket price of the seats behind you, I suspect the "squeeky wheel" can argue his/her way out into cheaper seats if they agree to keep paying for tickets (and don't default on their PSL).

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I'm pissed my seats stayed the same but a few rows back are dropped to $50.
    If it matters to you, move back a few rows and take the lower price. Then you win!