Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Jets NOT raising ticket prices this season

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I'm talking about things you would never give up. Just like you'll never give up on thinking you can convince people to stop watching football and go fish.

I have a pretty diverse group of tailgaters they all get along pretty well. Money is never really discussed and no one really brings their high end cars to a football stadium.

I understand you miss the days of the mid 1990s when Vito from Oysta Bay was in his zubaz Jets fans and pizza stained Namath jersey and Frankie from Park Ridge was there rocking a mullet and drinking a case of Budweiser and bringing a flask of scotch into the stadium.
    well in a way, I think we all miss those days. Tickets were only $22.50 and parking was $4.00. Yes, I do miss it. Thanks for reminding me just how much fun it really was at Jets games.

We too, had a diverse group of tailgaters. Nothing fancy at all. rarely even a pop up tent. Mainly tarps and a burn barrel. Rain gear mainly consisted of 3 Mil trash bags and a hat. Beer was NEVER Budweiser though. It was always something good and the booze was typical brandy/cognac/bourbon. That has since ended and it`s quite sad because we had a great time regardless of how shiity the Jets were. It was fun.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    There is not a long shelf life for defaulting. Once 2-3 more PSL payments are made unless you bought in last two years you pretty much own them. Your only choice is not to renew seats once you own them. Not really a default.

I own my PSL seats so my choice is just not to renew.

I would love if Jets gave out a stat of what percent of PSLs are fully paid off
    I wonder that, too. No credit checks, excitement for new stadium, coming off a good year, very aggressive pricing, obfuscation of demand and availability. I bet like 10% are fully paid at this point. Maybe 10-25%.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I wonder that, too. No credit checks, excitement for new stadium, coming off a good year, very aggressive pricing, obfuscation of demand and availability. I bet like 10% are fully paid at this point. Maybe 10-25%.
    did you not read what the Jets personal accountant, who knows EVERYTHING financially about the Jets said? Well here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I read somewhere that more than 65 percent are fully paid off
    This guy knows his shiit. He "read it somewhere" so it has to be absolutely true and no one can argue with his factless facts. Get with it already man.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    did you not read what the Jets personal accountant, who knows EVERYTHING financially about the Jets said? Well here it is.

This guy knows his shiit. He "read it somewhere" so it has to be absolutely true and no one can argue with his factless facts. Get with it already man.
    Please don't try to drag me into your fights. I'm interested in the content of this thread, but do not wish to be involved in personal attacks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    well in a way, I think we all miss those days. Tickets were only $22.50 and parking was $4.00. Yes, I do miss it. Thanks for reminding me just how much fun it really was at Jets games.

We too, had a diverse group of tailgaters. Nothing fancy at all. rarely even a pop up tent. Mainly tarps and a burn barrel. Rain gear mainly consisted of 3 Mil trash bags and a hat. Beer was NEVER Budweiser though. It was always something good and the booze was typical brandy/cognac/bourbon. That has since ended and it`s quite sad because we had a great time regardless of how shiity the Jets were. It was fun.
    I miss the old prices even though I was only 11 when we got our tickets in 1991. I remember in 1997 the prices went up by $5 a ticket because we got Parcells and it was our first increase in years.

I also don't miss the old stadium since I knew everyone around me and everyone will agree the sightlines of the upper deck in the old place were the best in the NFL.

However those days are done and we are entering year four in the new place. I can either piss and moan about it or move on and try to enjoy the new place.

I also don't miss the years of 1995 and 1996 when no one showed up. It wasn't even Jets home game. 25,000 fans showed up and 10,000 rooted for the other team, 10,000 came to get so drunk they didn't know their first name and 5,000 were diehards who supported the team every week.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inflation Adjusted the $50 seats in UD right now are most likely the lowest price ever when you compare average income for Jet fan to seat price.

Back in HS, College or in my early 20s I never went to a Jet game if I had to pay for a ticket I could not afford to. When I did get free tickets off my brother in law for some god forsaken late in season cold or rainy game he got stuck with the fans there were barely blue collar. Some wore the same dickies, workclothes and overalls from their blue collar job to game to keep warm.

Flash forward to today, lot has BMWs, Caddies, Benz, Denalis all over. Plus tons of dual income families. In NJ someone who owns a home, had two cars and has kids and is in his 40s and went to college (new average Jet Fan) makes around 250K a year. The min to survive in NJ these days.

A pair of UD tickets in the $50 section is 1/250 of average income.

Back in 1970s folks who were clerks/tellers in the banks/brokerage houses made something like 8K a year. I recall they also were big Jet fans.

Even at $10 dollar a ticket, with no preseason, $160 a year for a pair of Season tickets were a big bite of our income. The $10 bucks sounds cheap. But it was not.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey the guy with the PSLs in section 142 row 30 seats one and two just cut his price to $5,500. They are right next to 140

I think it is sad the tickets have been up there for months with continued price cuts. They are SAR like.

My wife would kill me if I buy. But if it got down to 4k I would hit buy key anyhow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey the guy with the PSLs in section 142 row 30 seats one and two just cut his price to $5,500. They are right next to 140

I think it is sad the tickets have been up there for months with continued price cuts. They are SAR like.

My wife would kill me if I buy. But if it got down to 4k I would hit buy key anyhow.
    No one is buying Jets PSL's until the team makes significant improvement and turns a corner which is years away.

Skipping the next two seasons is $11,000 not-spent, the exact amount needed to purchase great PSL's in 2014 when we may break .500 again.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't hurt to make a $4K offer. Wow! It is amazing how the price on those have dropped. That guy unfortunately must really be hurting. I am StubHubing it this year... Decided I will actually go to the 2 preseason games for about $9 per ticket and sit wherever I want in the UD just for the hell of it. Will buy the regular season games the day of game. Only issue I need to resolve is the Green Parking Passes I am intent on getting.
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 05-08-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Doesn't hurt to make a $4K offer. Wow! It is amazing how the price on those have dropped. That guy unfortunately must really be hurting. I am StubHubing it this year... Decided I will actually go to the 2 preseason games for about $9 per ticket and sit wherever I want in the UD just for the hell of it. Will buy the regular season games the day of game. Only issue I need to resolve is the Green Parking Passes I am intent on getting.
    Green parking is useless for preseason, they let you park anywhere. Green parking is useless if you show up last minute as half the time they waive you in if you have a yellow pass.

Since Green parking is only useful a few games a year might as well just put a price alert on stubhub for those games

I have green parking Trust me no big deal other than I had to pay an extra $100 bucks, but at least my car does not get nicked by all the broke dick BMWs in the lot

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Green parking is useless for preseason, they let you park anywhere. Green parking is useless if you show up last minute as half the time they waive you in if you have a yellow pass.

Since Green parking is only useful a few games a year might as well just put a price alert on stubhub for those games

I have green parking Trust me no big deal other than I had to pay an extra $100 bucks, but at least my car does not get nicked by all the broke dick BMWs in the lot
    Appreciate the insight! I park on the street for the Yanks, Mets, Knicks and Devils because I don't like getting screwed on the parking. The Jets and Giants have you by the b*lls with the parking and I refuse to take that cattle car they call the train. I like the fact in the Green parking areas I am out in a heartbeat and would like to be sure I can get in on the games I attend. I will go with your advice on the PS games. Makes total sense!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. This is like a game of chicken. Who from JI will have that one really frustrating day at work or perhaps a couple too many drinks one night and wind up with these awesome seats?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Wow. This is like a game of chicken. Who from JI will have that one really frustrating day at work or perhaps a couple too many drinks one night and wind up with these awesome seats?
    I can see that scenario playing out precisely in that fashion.