Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets NOT raising ticket prices this season

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    Right now I have two seats in 247a. It's a $4000 PSL per seat and $125 per ticket. I was wondering if any of you guys moved from the mezz to lower bowl. I looked at the seating chart and the lower end zone is the same PSL with the same ticket price. I'm hoping they would accommodate such a move or is it only a PSL upgrade they'll accommodate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    As far as I know, they will only move you if you add an extra seat, or upgrade to a higher price point. There is nothing " in it" for them to do a lateral move at the same price.

With that being said, it doesn't hurt to ask
    I upgraded from Mezz B to end zone corners, PSL went from 2500 a seat to 5000 a seat. The seats are 100% better and I can sell these PSL's where as Mezz B are worthless.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I upgraded from Mezz B to end zone corners, PSL went from 2500 a seat to 5000 a seat. The seats are 100% better and I can sell these PSL's where as Mezz B are worthless.
    Mezz B seats in secondary are now selling for $438 a PSL

Look at this listing today, four Mezz B PLS for a total of $1,750

39740 4
    Mezzanine End Zone B 203B 18 17 - 20 All $438 $1,750

A smart man, not saying I am a smart man. Would buy these four PSLs, then upgrade to something like LLEZ corners or LGL.

Think about it four LLEZ corners on the aisle by the LLTC corners cost 20K, you get a 10K credit for trading in these four PSLs you just bought. Tickets are 125 each, or trade them in for four LGL at 130 a ticket. Even better. LGL are the cheapest ticket in the house that is an actual sideline view.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Mezz B seats in secondary are now selling for $438 a PSL

Look at this listing today, four Mezz B PLS for a total of $1,750

39740 4
    Mezzanine End Zone B 203B 18 17 - 20 All $438 $1,750

A smart man, not saying I am a smart man. Would buy these four PSLs, then upgrade to something like LLEZ corners or LGL.

Think about it four LLEZ corners on the aisle by the LLTC corners cost 20K, you get a 10K credit for trading in these four PSLs you just bought. Tickets are 125 each, or trade them in for four LGL at 130 a ticket. Even better. LGL are the cheapest ticket in the house that is an actual sideline view.
    Sounds like a great plan, but will they allow someone with 4 $2500 PSL's trade them up into 2 $7500 PSL's? Trading them in for four still leaves you owing $20 grand, If I didn't already have my 2 end zone corners I would try to trade the four cheapies for 2 LGL's
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 03-21-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great plan, but will they allow someone with 4 $2500 PSL's trade them up into 2 $7500 PSL's? Trading them in for four still leaves you owing $20 grand, If I didn't already have my 2 end zone corners I would try to trade the four cheapies for 2 LGL's
    That would be smarter. Just 5k more out of pocket. I guess you would have to work it out with PSL rep ahead of deal.

But honestly, those four PSLs are under cover and worse case you are out $1,750

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be smarter. Just 5k more out of pocket. I guess you would have to work it out with PSL rep ahead of deal.

But honestly, those four PSLs are under cover and worse case you are out $1,750
    Or you can trade in for two LLEZ Corners and owe nothing ...great plan for someone looking for a bargain

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I have two seats in 247a. It's a $4000 PSL per seat and $125 per ticket. I was wondering if any of you guys moved from the mezz to lower bowl. I looked at the seating chart and the lower end zone is the same PSL with the same ticket price. I'm hoping they would accommodate such a move or is it only a PSL upgrade they'll accommodate?
    Gave them a call this morning...probably wont be able to accommodate that but regardless, she said she'd call back later this afternoon. Kind of figured that would be the outcome but it doesn't hurt to try.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gave them a call this morning...probably wont be able to accommodate that but regardless, she said she'd call back later this afternoon. Kind of figured that would be the outcome but it doesn't hurt to try.
    Only thing I dont like about that move is since LLEZ was originally $2,500 with a 10% downpayment plenty of folks are willing to sell those seats for 2k.

Since Mezz A was always 4k people dont cut prices as quick.

Also see if you can get better seats in Mezz A.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing I dont like about that move is since LLEZ was originally $2,500 with a 10% downpayment plenty of folks are willing to sell those seats for 2k.

Since Mezz A was always 4k people dont cut prices as quick.

Also see if you can get better seats in Mezz A.
    Or upgrade to LLEZCorners, they're $5000 each and I think they'll resell easier and the $2k difference isn't much more if you want to be down closer to the field. I upgraded from 225B to 106 by the aisle and I love them. They're also in the corner of the stadium that is always in the sun, nice in Nov and Dec
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 03-21-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    You think they'd lower prices twice in one year? I hope Woody's listening.
    Last year the Jets did a relocation for the upper deck. Almost everyone was happy with their new locations and there was discussion about how did the map look and there were a lot of empty seats in the endzones and on the sidelines it was a hump the further out you went the more seats you saw in higher rows. I didn't have access to the map but that's what I heard from many people.

Then the Jets lowered end zone and goal line seats to $50-$75 to attract new buyers. Let's be honest what motivation to the Jets have to move those people down? Wouldn't they rather attract new customers first and then lower the price of those other seats.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Last year the Jets did a relocation for the upper deck. Almost everyone was happy with their new locations and there was discussion about how did the map look and there were a lot of empty seats in the endzones and on the sidelines it was a hump the further out you went the more seats you saw in higher rows. I didn't have access to the map but that's what I heard from many people.

Then the Jets lowered end zone and goal line seats to $50-$75 to attract new buyers. Let's be honest what motivation to the Jets have to move those people down? Wouldn't they rather attract new customers first and then lower the price of those other seats.
    Today was only for folks in rows 23-26 already in a $50 dollar section to move down to row 14-19 the reduced sections.

The vast majority of folks in the $50 seats rows 23-26 lost money on those seats and have no reason to renew. Those seats can be had for face with no preseason most games and as little as $15 bucks other game.

By giving those folks opportunity to move it help them. I moved to row 17 closest row to higher priced seats. I would not have renewed otherwise.

Row 17 seats in 343 right by 342 are an ok deal at $50. Row 26 UD ez at $50 is way overpriced

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!!! Guy just lowered his LLS seats in 116 to $5750 each - lowest offer by far for LLS - row 26 - seats 3 & 4 which are near the aisle across from Lower Level Sideline Select.
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 03-26-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don`t think anyone else is buying Jets PSLs. I really think it`s just all you guys moving around every year. LOL The rest of the seats are being filled by fans who purchase gameday tickets from the Jets themselves. I also don`t think 14,000 people purchased psls. No one can prove otherwise. Just speculate like I am. I would love to see Woody and the Jets release actual TRUE #`s on what has sold and what THEY still own and sell on the secondary market sites.

This entire new venture with the Giants and THEIR new stadium has been the worst thing the Jets have done imo. It`s a complete fiasco for the ticketing department for sure. Lowering prices every year, telling fans there are no reasonable seats available yet every year fans keep upgrading. Having to give out foodstamps just to keep Upper Deckers in their seats for another year. Etc... etc... etc.... Woody should have simply told the Giants NO, we`ll just play in the old stadium until we find a place of our own. That alone would have turned the tables around on the Giants. No way was NJ going to let them build a new stadium while the Jets were still renting out a perfectly good stadium. Woody should`ve just invested in a retractable roof for the old stadium. It would`ve been 1/3rd. the amount he dished out for this craphole that has been nothing but a nightmare for him and the sales dep`t. Oh well, they lost me and thousands of other loyal fans. Now they got whatever it is they got. And it ain`t what it was.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    im officially out. i just cant do it. im not sitting through a 3-13 season for the money involved.

i notified the broker today im now entitled to a check for $12.5k that along with the $17.5k i already got and the $500 i sold the thanksgiving new england game for i got back $31.5k and my loss is at $29.5k.

bash me dont believe me i dont care. i walk away with something from my initial bad psl investment. i hope all of you guys can say the same in the end.

tickets are plentiful and i will cherry pick whatever games i want without being contracturally obligated anymore.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    im officially out. i just cant do it. im not sitting through a 3-13 season for the money involved.

i notified the broker today im now entitled to a check for $12.5k that along with the $17.5k i already got and the $500 i sold the thanksgiving new england game for i got back $31.5k and my loss is at $29.5k.

bash me dont believe me i dont care. i walk away with something from my initial bad psl investment. i hope all of you guys can say the same in the end.

tickets are plentiful and i will cherry pick whatever games i want without being contracturally obligated anymore.
    uh-oh.....here comes the SAR show my the pdf back and forth

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

We believe you.

Let us know how your date with Mila Kunis goes aboard Warren Buffet's yacht.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I really don`t think anyone else is buying Jets PSLs. I really think it`s just all you guys moving around every year. LOL The rest of the seats are being filled by fans who purchase gameday tickets from the Jets themselves. I also don`t think 14,000 people purchased psls. No one can prove otherwise. Just speculate like I am. I would love to see Woody and the Jets release actual TRUE #`s on what has sold and what THEY still own and sell on the secondary market sites.

This entire new venture with the Giants and THEIR new stadium has been the worst thing the Jets have done imo. It`s a complete fiasco for the ticketing department for sure. Lowering prices every year, telling fans there are no reasonable seats available yet every year fans keep upgrading. Having to give out foodstamps just to keep Upper Deckers in their seats for another year. Etc... etc... etc.... Woody should have simply told the Giants NO, we`ll just play in the old stadium until we find a place of our own. That alone would have turned the tables around on the Giants. No way was NJ going to let them build a new stadium while the Jets were still renting out a perfectly good stadium. Woody should`ve just invested in a retractable roof for the old stadium. It would`ve been 1/3rd. the amount he dished out for this craphole that has been nothing but a nightmare for him and the sales dep`t. Oh well, they lost me and thousands of other loyal fans. Now they got whatever it is they got. And it ain`t what it was.
    More importantly, did you shower today?

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We believe you.

Let us know how your date with Mila Kunis goes aboard Warren Buffet's yacht.

SAR I
    dont care if you believe me. you are nobody.

i dont make up lies to be cool or brag about my wealth to be cool unlike you.

enjoy the season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or upgrade to LLEZCorners, they're $5000 each and I think they'll resell easier and the $2k difference isn't much more if you want to be down closer to the field. I upgraded from 225B to 106 by the aisle and I love them. They're also in the corner of the stadium that is always in the sun, nice in Nov and Dec
    Relative to the LLEZ, those $5k seats are a bad deal. Most of us in LLEZ paid $2500 for our seats, we have the same FV, and they are the "same" sections in Stubhub. Bottom line: on resale, the LLez corners don't sell for much, if any, premium over LLEZ on SH.

Better to get lower row seats in any LLez section.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Relative to the LLEZ, those $5k seats are a bad deal. Most of us in LLEZ paid $2500 for our seats, we have the same FV, and they are the "same" sections in Stubhub. Bottom line: on resale, the LLez corners don't sell for much, if any, premium over LLEZ on SH.

Better to get lower row seats in any LLez section.
    Nothing low in llez is left. lowest jets have is row 10 in 144. I considered those.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    More importantly, did you shower today?

SAR I
    why would you even care?